GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GameSalad Creator Mac 0.10.0 Beta

Comments

• adent42adent42 Posts: 1,316Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
    Hello everyone. We just pushed the update to support a more flexible spec for Apple Bundle IDs. I think the only thing we require is that you only use valid characters and have at least two "parts" to your bundle name (at least 1 period). Thanks for your patience! I've also been tracking this thread
  • ThinkingGardenThinkingGarden Posts: 26Member
    edited August 2012
    The new Android Viewer does not work! I upgrade GameSalad on my Lion iMac and loaded the APK downloaded fresh from the site right now (created yesterday) and I keep getting an error message about needing a newer version every time I try to preview a project.

Never mind, I just got the APK from 12:58 today and it actually works.
  • GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Posts: 927Member
    for any reason would making a layer unscrolable in this version make it invisible?
  • ThinkingGardenThinkingGarden Posts: 26Member
    edited August 2012
    All of my Android build attempts are failing. Here is the error message from latest one:

"Something went wrong building your app. Please check your settings, make sure your icon and default loading images are png files and try again. If the problem persists contact us and reference publish request [e5e7f690-95cc-437b-9080-0278f4c23edd]."

----

Nothing is wrong with images and I have already re-uploaded the project and tried again with same results. I was able to build another project earlier today before the 4:10 PM post about an update push to the build backend.
  • AroneStudiosAroneStudios Posts: 89Member, PRO
    I don`t know what to do anymore... I keep receiving the same notification over and over agin..."There is something wrong with our servers. Contact us and reference publish request [6f27e39f-f47e-435b-b71c-e657d9210547]." when i try to generate my app..

I need to test my app as an adhoc.. but with this new web publisher i can`t!!

is there someone with the same problem?

Thank you guys!
  • uptimistikuptimistik VenezuelaPosts: 3,598Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    Grrr I can't get Android publishing to work at all either....Both Signed and Unsigned, they are just not working...My app is set as 'Kinde Fire Portrait' I upload it, fill in my Android publishing settings, and still no go...

New Templates Daily At The Official GameSalad Marketplace GSHelper.com

• adent42adent42 Posts: 1,316Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
    @ThinkingGarden patch is up for the problem with your publish session. It helps a lot when you send the publish request ID! Give me a sec to look at your problem @AroneStudios

@AroneStudios you have an asset in your app called Plataforma-12.png that is invalid (at least that's what the logs tell me). There is a fix waiting for QA that will help with this project, but for now if you remove that file, you should be able to continue with publishing.

We'll also schedule work for an update with more helpful messages for such errors.

For everyone, if you can't find anything obviously wrong with your app, double check that all the assets in your game are what they say they are. We've seen jpg files that were renamed to png. We've seen files that are just completely broken. We've also seen some corrupt png files that can be fixed by re-saving them in Preview or similar app.
    edited August 2012
    Scrap that...figured it out...my bad LOL

• HymloeHymloe Posts: 1,651Member
    The 30 day limit seems arbitrarily short. Upgrading to a new version of Game Salad can be quite problematic, seeing as bugs that get found sometimes stay in there for an entire version. Here's hoping that this new version doesn't have anything crippling in it.

• LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKPosts: 956Member, Sous Chef
    Hm... Display text still appears fuzzy on my Ipad2
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKPosts: 956Member, Sous Chef
    @tshirtbooth That's with an adhoc, unfortunately. I didn't try it on a retina device (as others reported that as working), but my display text on the iPad 2 is noticeably fuzzier than the other images.
  • kinzuakinzua Posts: 554Member
    seems like a good update.. Keeping my fingers crossed for a bug free GS.. Hehehe..
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Posts: 542Member, PRO
    I can't sign my Mac app...

It opens Gamesalad, I select the correct profile, and then it says:

"The operation couldn't be completed. com.Gendaigames.Gamesalad error 3."

I just want to update my Mac app in the app store......

• alek1805alek1805 Posts: 57Member, PRO
    MAC PUBLISHING

"The operation couldn't be completed. com.Gendaigames.Gamesalad error 3." :D

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM, i reinstalled all certificates but it didnt work

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef
    alek1805 said:

MAC PUBLISHING

"The operation couldn't be completed. com.Gendaigames.Gamesalad error 3." :D

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM, i reinstalled all certificates but it didnt work

PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See here and fill out a bug report, it's my feeling that Mac publishing is broke on lion.
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/47959/error-3-error-publishing-a-mac-app-on-mountain-lion#latest
  • SearleSamaSearleSama Posts: 108Member
    I am actually getting the same error, when using a distribution prov for ipad. "the operation couldn't be completed. com.gendaigames.gamsalad error 3." A development prov works though. :-(
  • RUPASRUPAS Posts: 823Member
    It's amazing that every update of GS becomes a chaos in the community, things that do not work, errors, unusual changes that make no sense, really something is wrong inside the offices of GameSalad. And look .... I love GS but every time it gets worse. Sorry if it offends but it is what I think. Why complicate things when they work well? Perhaps someone complained how to publish in GS? I never saw any post where someone complained about the way to publish and you have created a system to publish harmful rather than keep the old one was perfect, intuitive, fast and easy. And the new system is a mess. Rather than spend the time fixing things that do not work ...
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Posts: 2,807Member, Sous Chef
    RUPAS said:

It's amazing that every update of GS becomes a chaos in the community, things that do not work, errors, unusual changes that make no sense, really something is wrong inside the offices of GameSalad. And look .... I love GS but every time it gets worse. Sorry if it offends but it is what I think. Why complicate things when they work well? Perhaps someone complained how to publish in GS? I never saw any post where someone complained about the way to publish and you have created a system to publish harmful rather than keep the old one was perfect, intuitive, fast and easy. And the new system is a mess. Rather than spend the time fixing things that do not work ...

I really like the new publishing :)
    @TheMoonwalls so do I! It's sooo awesome to have all the builds for one game under one profile. With the old method, my portfolio used to be a mess with all different stuff in there and it took forever to load. Now, GS itself starts faster, and the publishing process is faster. I say well done Team GS!
    As with all things new there are kinks to sort out, but this is a massive step in the right direction.

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    edited August 2012
    @RUPAS - as I've said before, the old publishing system was outdated, hard to maintain, inflexible and limited. GameSalad makes decisions based on user feedback, yes, but we are also a business - and must adapt and grow just like any business. This includes improving infrastructure of our support systems - like the servers.

I'm going to have to disagree with the rest of your assessment. There are a few issues, yes, but they're being addressed rather rapidly. Many of the other issues reported turned out to be user error or a misunderstanding of the system.

This new publishing system is leaps and bounds better than the old, and allows us to easily maintain it, among a slew of other positive features which we've spoken to already.

There isn't something "wrong in the offices of GS" just because we make a change you don't personally like.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef
    The new system rocks. I love the progress. It's just going to take some time to get used to. Once you do, i think everyone will agree it's a much better and organized system.

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• deadlightsdeadlights Posts: 235Member, PRO
    RUPAS said:

I agree with you @RUPAS . Just be careful.. disagreeing with the pretentious head chefs around here may get your comments deleted.

This is another failed release to me.
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Posts: 650Inactive
    @RUPAS- I apologize if our reasons for upgrading to web publishing have not been clear enough. As a pro member, I encourage you to attend our webinars in the future. They are a great outlet to here directly from our team and learn about the decision making process behind our feature changes and updates.

For example, in today's webinar we discussed in depth the reasons behind our switch to web publishing and the benefits for both the community and our internal team. One major reason/benefit is that web publishing and our server updates allow us to react more quickly and respond with fixes immediately without having to update and release an entire new build of Creator everytime. You will notice going through the history of this thread, that our team has been actively engaging and resolving issues as they present themselves. To me, this is great progress and a HUGE benefit to our users.

As always, we appreciate the feedback and suggestion of our users. I would suggest that if you have further ideas or suggestions for a different course of GameSalad development, please include that in your Pro member "Roadmap" survey. Thanks.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    edited August 2012
    @deadlights - disagreeing with blatantly misleading comments or overtly negative comments - like many if not most of your own - does not make one "pretentious". I shouldn't have to remind you this is a company forum and we represent GameSalad... this isn't one sided. Your comments are removed at the discretion of GameSalad if they are inappropriate.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• KiwiLeeKiwiLee Posts: 181Member
    @LaurenSalad

I'll update when all is settled down ;-)

Can you also please check the pro mailing list as I never received a pro webinar invite (again)
  • AroneStudiosAroneStudios Posts: 89Member, PRO
    It worked here.. thanks to @adent42 's help ;)..
    @KiwiLee - I apologize that you didn't receive the pro webinar email. We were having a couple of hiccups with the list yesterday and that is why we proactively requested that anyone who did not receive the email to please send us PMs to get the webinar registration link.

In the future, we shouldn't have any issues with the Pro email list being up to date with all registered pro members.

As for the webinar, I am sorry you had to miss it. However, the video will be available for viewing tomorrow and if you have any lingering questions about the release we encourage you to either write into customer support (via our contact form) or submit a question via this thread.
  • KiwiLeeKiwiLee Posts: 181Member
    The replay link will be fine ;-)
    I will post the video in the Webinar thread for everyone to view tomorrow.
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Posts: 2,865Member
    Game Saladeers, for what it's worth, I think you are awesome. Kudos!
    I am not on 00.10.00 yet because I need a new Mac first that runs lion but from what I have seen in the webinar and the way you respond on issues here I can do nothing les then give you a big bow.
    I'm still able to work because I didn't update. Something I learned long time ago: when you are in a professional workflow don't update but wait for bug fixes.
    I recommended anyone here to do so. Saves a lot of trouble. Don't blame Game Salad please although I understand you are upset.
    Keep building your games and above all have fun.
    Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.