GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GameSalad Creator Mac 0.10.0 Beta

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef
    the new publishing system is so much better than the old one it's not even funny. it's so much more powerful, you can have multiple versions of the same package (i.e. have 3 android builds of the same project targeting google/amazon/nook, can compile multiple times after uploading a single package which is huge for large projects. AND it remembers what you put in last time.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,111Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee

AND it remembers what you put in last time.

Yep, I agree with everything you said, Jon. It's a miracle!
  • ThinkingGardenThinkingGarden Posts: 26Member
    It seems this version also fundamentally changed the actual behavior of tiled graphics for actors and it has totally screwed up one of my projects. The leftmost tile shows correctly, but beyond that each successive tile to the right is stretched even though the actor is set to tile on both directions. Oddly enough, this bug only strikes some of the instances and not all. I will submit a tech support ticket with the screen shot.
  • GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Posts: 927Member
    layers are screwed up which I really hope gets fixed because it messed up my project
    Whats wrong with layers? I've got a game with multiple layers and no issues.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @ThinkingGarden , @MjMDesign - please report those issues to support. It's not widely reported so it bears investigation. This update had very few fixes that would have touched on those even a little so it'll help to have more information.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• BobDBobD Posts: 374Member, PRO
    New retina text on iPhone 4 looks really nice. But text on my iPad 2 still looks fuzzy. Is this normal?
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKPosts: 956Member, Sous Chef
    @BobD Glad I'm not the only one noticing that...
  • GrapeSodaGamesGrapeSodaGames Posts: 93Member
    New retina text on iPhone 4 looks really nice. But text on my iPad 2 still looks fuzzy. Is this normal?
    I had the same problem.

Grape Soda Games - Skype: grapesodagames - Twitter --- Meteor Madness

• GrapeSodaGamesGrapeSodaGames Posts: 93Member
    I had the same problem.

Grape Soda Games - Skype: grapesodagames - Twitter --- Meteor Madness

• FusedloopFusedloop Posts: 1Member
    Argh! where do I download the previous version?? it said update, so i updated without reading the fineprint and as i still run Adobe CS5 i can't upgrade to Lion yet... still on snowleopard... have a game demo i'm building and can't get to anymore... don't want to have to switch to another game dev programme... :( Please help anyone...
  • gurechangurechan Posts: 211Member, PRO
    @Fusedloop why can't you use CS5 on Lion? Until about a month ago, I was using CS4 on Lion and never had a problem. I believe CS5 is compatible.

I'm now using Mountain Lion and CS6 via Creative Cloud. Using Creative Cloud makes it heaps more affordable to use the latest Adobe stuff.
  • vikingviking Posts: 322Member, PRO
    Anyone check out the new fonts on and a retina iPad yet?
  • ckck Posts: 224Member
    KiwiLee said:

@LaurenSalad

Can you also please check the pro mailing list as I never received a pro webinar invite (again)

Here, too. I seem to get sporadic pro emails. Like, I received the survey email, but not the webinar.
  • ckck Posts: 224Member
    One more thing: I don't know if this is new, but in the 0.10.0 viewer (iOS), my consumables data is being saved from test to test, even if I restart the viewer and the editor. Other variables (current level, for example) aren't. OS X 10.8. XCode 4.4.1. iPad 3
    gurechan said:

@Fusedloop why can't you use CS5 on Lion? Until about a month ago, I was using CS4 on Lion and never had a problem. I believe CS5 is compatible.

I'm now using Mountain Lion and CS6 via Creative Cloud. Using Creative Cloud makes it heaps more affordable to use the latest Adobe stuff.

Yea, I'm running adobe cs5 on mountain lion, not sure where you heard it was incompatible.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,111Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    I've been running CS5 on Lion since release, works fine.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    Amazing, well thought out comment @Jayleedesigns. Thank you.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Hey guys - we've confirmed the issue with Mountain Lion Mac publishing is indeed a bug - we're working on a hotfix addressing it and a few other issues and should have a quick turnaround on it.

The issue was that our implementation in regards to Mac publishing did not address a last minute change by Apple for Mountain lion, causing the error.

• sas1221sas1221 Posts: 2Member
    when i install gs i see this error
    http://www2.0zz0.com/2012/08/17/17/367522900.png
  • MantoManto Posts: 791Member
    edited August 2012
    @sas1221 Are you running os x 10.7 or later?

GameSalad won't work with Snow Leopard anymore. (Not GS's fault, Apple dropped support for it)
  • bajashbajash Posts: 215Member, PRO
    My latest update from GS will not even open. It crashes! What is going on???
    @bajash - are you on Snow Leopard? ... because we no longer support it in 0.10.0. Or 32 bit processors.

Also, please note - we do not support "Hackintosh".

Also please read the banner at the top of the forum. And the thread linked there...

• ultimaultima Posts: 1,207Member, PRO
    edited August 2012
    THANX FOR UPDATING THE RETINA ICON/SPLASH/TYPE!!!!!!!! though not much other exciting stuff but this def made my day. oh and web publishing is a great idea, well since we were stuck with "web" publishing previously anyway, makes bug fix and organization much easier, no need to retype/reload everything to publish. big time saver. you guys should post the pro feedback online, i didn't get my copy.
  • sas1221sas1221 Posts: 2Member
    where to update my mac
  • gurechangurechan Posts: 211Member, PRO
    I'm Really liking this version of GS and web publishing.
This discussion has been closed.