GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GameSalad Creator Mac 0.10.0 Beta

Comments

• PBEmpirePBEmpire Posts: 676Member
    what do u mean dont support hackintosh??
  • petercoupepetercoupe Posts: 94Member
    Given that creating a hackintosh has a slightly dodgy basis in purely legal terms, I would guess that it is a given that GS couldn't support it?
    I may be wrong.
    I have been before.
  • DanielDoeDanielDoe Posts: 307Member

what do u mean dont support hackintosh??

Hackintosh breaks OSX license... this reason is good enough.
  • ThinkingGardenThinkingGarden Posts: 26Member

@ThinkingGarden , @MjMDesign - please report those issues to support. It's not widely reported so it bears investigation. This update had very few fixes that would have touched on those even a little so it'll help to have more information.

@SaladStraightShooter I worked with Puck on the issue and even provided my project file and made a video demonstrating the problem clearly. Please check with him for more information.

Unfortunately, I relied heavily on arbitrarily sized tiled actors in my game with dozens of levels, so this bug happens to bite me pretty hard. Working around it seems trivial but when multiplied by how many instances I have to touch, make custom graphics for and then tweak properties, it will be time consuming...

• AdlandNZAdlandNZ Posts: 2Member
    edited August 2012
    Anyone worked out how to publish apps yet!???

• KiwiLeeKiwiLee Posts: 181Member
    Will be working on mine tomorrow!
  • linkstudioslinkstudios Posts: 4Member
    Hello, i have issues with Gamesalad 0.10, i am making a game for iPhone, but with the 0.10 it goes very slower on the ios viewer, any idea? Can I return to 0.94?
  • ckck Posts: 224Member
    Publishing bug: I'm uploading a resolution independent iPad app, but getting an iPhone app back. This was not true 19 Sep, but is true 20 Sep. Have reproduced three times.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @ck - please send support a bug report on that one if you haven't already!

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus

Hackintosh breaks OSX license... this reason is good enough.

@GSrockz123 - What he said.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• arcticsunrisearcticsunrise Posts: 159Member
    Well i guess if i dont upgrade then i cant use software that i paid for (pro user) - lots of other stuff i do in my life besides GameSalad wont work under ML or even Lion so this is pretty harsh news,... 30 days as well. thats also shocking.
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Posts: 2,807Member, Sous Chef

Well i guess if i dont upgrade then i cant use software that i paid for (pro user) - lots of other stuff i do in my life besides GameSalad wont work under ML or even Lion so this is pretty harsh news,... 30 days as well. thats also shocking.

You said this, like it is GS fault. Dropping support for SL by Apple, has nothing to do with outside software you paid for.
  • arcticsunrisearcticsunrise Posts: 159Member
    i never said GS fault did i. i said its shocking i have 30 days and its shocking im forced to upgrade... that is just plain fact. regardless of who starts it.
    How i can return to 0.94? And get the Viewer? because 0.10 goes slower on iPhone
    Testing Bug:I discover that the ios viewer only go slower when you are disconected from the game and you try it on "recent games"
  • simo103simo103 Posts: 1,331Member, PRO

You said this, like it is GS fault. Dropping support for SL by Apple, has nothing to do with outside software you paid for.

I'm in the same boat as @articsunrise ... do you have any links to where Apple stated it has ceased support for SL? I can't find any by searching Google or the dev site as I am trying to determine what other software I will need to upgrade or drop based on this announcement. Also SL can be booted in 64bit mode so can't gamesalad run on that and officially not support SL if that's what they want to do? I have plenty of software no longer actively supported but it works ... just the company won't help if I have issues?

• marionwoodmarionwood Posts: 27Member, PRO
    "Save as" now resulted twice in my project losing all its images, followed by a crash as it tried to find the sounds - still listed but also lost. adding them all again worked, two extra crashes needed for the sounds.
  • SlowboySlowboy Posts: 329Member, PRO
    Hi Marion,
    Firstly, to recover from a bad Save As, right click your .gameproj and Show Contents, then do the same for your previous proj and copy all your sounds and images from the previous to the new.
    Secondly, to avoid future bad Save As's, you'll notice that the permissions in your folder will be funky somewhere up the chain, either in the folder you're saving in, or the one above that, and so on. Something, somewhere, is set to Read Only when it should be Read & Write. Basically, go as high up in the folder hierarchy as you feel comfortable and do the following -
    Get Info, click the lock, enter your password, set everything to Read&Write, click the settings cog, select Apply To Enclosed Items..., then press the lock again.
    Basically what is happening is that GS is trying to write a new file for you, but Finder is not allowing GS to create the files it wants to, resulting in it doing the best it can, but essentially leaving you with a busted file!
    I'd hazard a guess that you have been sharing or copying your files between to computers? That's what happens to me, I always have to double check the folder permissions because somewhere along the way they get screwed up. Still haven't figured it out just yet, but wary enough of the issue to keep checking!
    Hope this helps?
    Ta
    Wayne
  • LeanneLeanne Posts: 168Member
    I am using the new 0.10.0 GS Web publishing format to publish for iPhone. During the signing process I get this error:
    "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.gendaigames.GameSalad error 3). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • LeanneLeanne Posts: 168Member
    never
    Leanne said:

I am using the new 0.10.0 GS Web publishing format to publish for iPhone. During the signing process I get this error:
    "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.gendaigames.GameSalad error 3). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

issue resolved. i had to switch computers to make the necessary upgrades, and all of my certificates didn't update as I had thought. Just had to export from old computer and input onto new xcode organizer.
  • ThemistoklesVThemistoklesV Posts: 138Member, PRO
    Hey guys,
    great news with the update,

i have an app @ apple store and i would like to fix the icon issue since with this release the iPad retina icon fixed. How should i proceed ??

• jezjonesjezjones Posts: 13Member
    I have tried out the new publishing system but realise it is quite a big change and something i don't want to get distracted by when we have a project in progress.
    Also after reading many comments on here about speed, load and bugs, I need to use the previous version to finish our project - sensible precaution.

So, the only reason i am posting on here is to ask or comment that that the 30 day upgrade window is pretty harsh - how about 30 days from when the bug list is zero?

I understand this is beta software, but it is important for the whole gamesalad strategy that people can use and work with gamesalad as though it is production ready, no?
    I always think calling software Beta but expecting production use and then charging for it, is a little disingenuous. This is simply my opinion.

The previous publishing system was not perfect, but it was fully functional but this 30 day upgrade window potentially forces users to move from a working system to a new system that is not up to the same functionality?

I see GS staff are working on issues pretty relentlessly so i may be wrong to have doubts, but we now have a deadline to update so we have to either finish our current project and get it out, or upgrade the project.
  • iPaveliPavel Posts: 24Member
    The retina icon/splash and blurry text fixes are finally here! Thanks, GameSalad!
  • hk9000hk9000 Posts: 11Member, PRO
    edited August 2012
    Since this version create so many unstable issue, I wonder how many old files will be wasted (I really scare!). I turely wish GS take the loyal user satisfaction in the highest priority. We not only paid for it, but take time to learn an work with and trust the company.
    I upgrade the OS to LM because of GS and haven't try the old game files. I think It is good to backup before try.
    Waiting the more stable and compatible version come out!

P.S. if the old file can't work. Whare can I find the old version GS programe?
    edited August 2012
    @hk9000 - in actuality, many of the reported issues boil down to user error or misunderstanding the new system. That's not to say that some bugs don't exist, but they do not amount to this being an unstable release as a result.

edited August 2012
    30 days was considered a good cutoff point for a few reasons, but the most important being that we are currently sustaining two publishing pipelines, and their associated costs.

Aside from the publishing upgrade and some bug fixes, nothing major changed enough not to warrant not upgrading to 0.10.0.

We can't keep kicking the can down the road - the associated costs are enough to prohibit sustaining both pipelines for us. The new pipeline is far superior.

Hopefully you'll take some time to dive into the new publishing system and see how much better it is over the old.

• ckck Posts: 224Member
    @SaladStraightShooter Is the drill with the new Dashboard that you do compile updates on your end? Will you announce them? Is there now a problem with Tweetsheet not posting images?
  • lo_klo_k Posts: 23Member

Just updated my creator and I have to say that I really like the new interface :)
    The retina text is awesome as well – thanks a lot for your efforts guys, I really appreciate it!
  • rcbryantiircbryantii Posts: 4Member
    For some reason, importing of images has stopped working. I've imported images before using 0.10 but now nothing I do will allow me to import an image into an actor or even the game it'self.

Here's the only other post I've been able to find which I posted the problem as a comment.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/48212/gamesalad-0-10-0-wont-let-me-import-image
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Posts: 2,865Member
    edited August 2012
    Meanwhile in Holland...
    Bought a new iMac the day before yesterday, migrated my old macs stuff using OSX's migrate tool. Installed GS 0.10.00 did a test publish (took a while before it generated my app). Build an AdHoc. No problem whatsoever.
    I am a happy GS user.
    Not to brag but just to say it all CAN work. Hope you guys all get it to work too.
    In my case: nothing but Kudos for the GS team.
    Cheers!

Edit: one thing. When publishing I'd like to ad bigger screen dumps like in iTunes connect. Now I have to make an extra set (480x320)
This discussion has been closed.