GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GameSalad Creator Mac 0.10.0 Beta

Comments

• petercoupepetercoupe Posts: 94Member
    Hey Ludwig - congratulations - is your new iMac on 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)?
  • LumpAppsLumpApps Posts: 2,865Member
    @petercoupe Mountain Lion.
    @LudwigHeijden - Thanks for the info. Still struggling, but at least now I know it CAN be done. Just have to figure out what the problem is! :-/
    edited August 2012
    I use chrome as my browser. Perhaps that is something?
    Hmm - I did try it in Chrome and also Firefox, but nothing doing. I have a feeling it's going to be something really simple that will have us all kicking ourselves that we didn't spot it straight away! :-O
  • MantoManto Posts: 791Member
    edited August 2012
    @rcbryantii Dragging and dropping images or sounds doesn't currently work. You can import them by pressing the "+" button.
    Yes and then you can drag in multiple images in the window that pops up and hit open. So you don't have to search for your folder or drag them in one by one ;)
  • NtGNtG Posts: 103Member
    edited August 2012
    NVM
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @MoneyGames - I'm afraid we won't be downgrading - Apple no longer supports Snow Leopard, and in order for us to continue an upward path in development we need to follow, including their 64bit requirements. We will never support Snow Leopard or older OS's again.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    edited August 2012
    @MoneyGames - could you please not rapid-fire post like that? It's considered spamming. All of these could have been condensed into one comment.

This has been discussed to death and won't be changing. If you search the forums - or perhaps even this thread - you're likely to find someone linking the old version of GameSalad. But note that after Sept 13th or so you will be unable to publish using that version.

You'll have to discuss hardware upgrades with Apple, I'm afraid - I can't offer you any advice on that.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

edited August 2012
    @MoneyGames - Sorry, MoneyGames - I have to remove you due to our Terms of Service. You are under the age of 13 and therefore unable to post here.

• BlackSheepTeamBlackSheepTeam Posts: 37Member
    After update on Lion 10.7 is possible drag or import any image, sounds what happen?
    Humm we see many guys says click on "+" button to add image, but on Lion 10.7 if i click on "+" button, the creator generate a new white actor and don't give me the possibility to import image or sounds.
  • POMPOM Posts: 2,599Member
    edited August 2012

Humm we see many guys says click on "+" button to add image, but on Lion 10.7 if i click on "+" button, the creator generate a new white actor and don't give me the possibility to import image or sounds.

Hey ,
    Yeah this is definitely a bug and im sure they are working to resolve this ,
    As for the "+" sign , i believe you are pressing the wrong one , if you want to import images , go to the images tab at the bottom left window in the creator, and hit the "+" sign at the very bottom left of the screen.

Cheers.
    Roy
    @kingmilano - apologies for that - as P-O-M indicated, that is indeed a bug. It should be addressed in the next hotfix!

@P-O-M and StraightShooter - thanks for answer, yeah I pressing "+" in Actors window :) for Shooter if help you and dev team, I do the update with my MacPro Desk Lion 10.7.6 and i have a problem (bug) for dragging img and sounds, but i do the same update on my MacBook Withe 2008 Lion 10.7.4 and all working good O.o is strange.
    Thx now we can continue to develop our game ;)
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Posts: 1,447Member
    I've been away for a couple of weeks and look what a nice update I found :)

I did some quick tests and I haven't found any problems so far.

Retina texts are really good, even though with some fonts and some character sizes there is still a little blurriness but it can be overcome, that's true also for non retina devices.

Now you only need to let us import our fonts. [-O<

• RiffelRiffel Posts: 1,272Member
    submitted my last game with GameSalad 0.9
  • chpstudiochpstudio Posts: 2Member
    Cool. When will the Windows GS Creator 0.10.0 upgrade be available?
  • ashtmjashtmj Posts: 405Member, PRO
    Thanks for the update!
    I've only played around with 0.10.0 a little bit on my new comp, trying to get the last games I was working on out the door before I learn the new publishing system.

but I did notice there is now a empty space between tiled land.
    is that just when you view on the computer? or will there be space in game on the phone/ipad?

• TheSkinTheSkin Posts: 74Member
    Hello to all,
    I am a new member of the forum. I have a couple of questions:
    1 - version 0.10.x will be introduced expresion editor for the URL behavior,?
    2 - in my project (both versions 0.9.x to 0.10.x with) there is a strange behavior: I change the behavior of some actors but gamesald performs as if there were no changes ... for example...if I put in the actor the LOG behavior, ... does not show anything ... if I replace, in the spawn behavior, an actor with another, the change is not taken ... if I change the value of an expression, running, it kept the old one .... if I delete all behavior of the actor. The editor show the actor empty (correct)... but when I run de game, gamesalad execute the old behavior.
    ... in practice the changes to the game code, they are saved, but at runtime, are not considered and runs the previous version.
    The only solution I have found is to restert from old backup and reimplement the actor.

Do you have any suggestion for me?

Thanks
    Gabriele
  • optimusoptimus Posts: 6Member
    I have several music files and in my project which is about 25mb. When the music plays in creator it stutters and distorts frequently. On the device it is fine.
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Posts: 1,447Member
    Please add some sort of loading bar to the publishing process while uploading and while generating.

I'm trying to publish a 70MB game and it's been 1h since it started generating it. It would be nice to see how much time remains or if it got stuck.

• marionwoodmarionwood Posts: 27Member, PRO
    Thanks Slowboy! I was saving between hard drives with different operating systems installed - won't allow read/write from one to the other. Have now moved the project to the Lion Drive and all is well. :-)
  • JoeMeisterJoeMeister Posts: 602Member
    Upgraded to Mountain Lion and the new GS. Its working great for me.
    The only thing I can't figure out that when I publish a new game for adhoc testing on my iPhone that the Game Icon is just an empty white square even though I applied my 512 Icon in GS. Any ideas.
    Hello, i try to undersand the problem, but never conclusion, we continue to have this message "Something went wrong publishing your app to the arcade. Please check your settings, make sure your icon and default loading images are png files and try again. If the problem persists contact us and reference publish request [fadd6372-ceb6-49e7-b29d-dd590" after try to publish our app in HTML5 Arcade game finished.

Any one have idea?

Change image for 3 times
    Resend all the project and redo all the description to get 78%
    No other idea.

Thank
  • NtGNtG Posts: 103Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't come on the forums too often, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but whenever I try to import an image (using the + button) the image doesn't show under images, and then when I try to do it again it tells me that there is already an image with the same name in the game (but I can't see it). Then it asks me if I want to replace, or rename the image uniquely and the Gamesalad freezes and I have to force quit.

I am on Mountain Lion BTW
  • scitunesscitunes Posts: 4,047Member, Sous Chef

But note that after Sept 13th or so you will be unable to publish using that version.

Is this still the date you'll be removing the old publishing system even though the new system is having problems with HTML5 (and apparently mac apps)?

• RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Posts: 323Member
    Any chance an update is coming soon? I just got kicked back again from the Nook for orientation issues. I contacted GS support and they just told me to look at the flag settings.. something I declared in my initial email to them was already double checked. :\

Like the iPhone has, there is no selection for orientation with the new form of publishing.. could this be causing the issue? Is this something the team can look at?

I've also noticed that, at least in portrait mode (I haven't tried a game in landscape yet) there are STILL 'Black Bars' on the sides of the image. They are ever so small, but you can see that the image does not extent fully to the edge of the screen. The kind Nook people dinged me for this as well stating 'the app wasn't specifically designed for the platform'.

Anyway, I'm hopeful that whatever update soon comes down the road includes fixes for these.
    edited September 2012
    @RacetotheMoon - could you post your rejection letter? That particular snippet you provided can apply to other things - UI, for example.

Are you setting your project to "Nook portrait/landscape" in the project settings? Setting it in anything else will result in the letter boxing you're encountering.

This discussion has been closed.