GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GameSalad Creator Mac 0.10.0 Beta

12345679»

Comments

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    I just realized that the word "Snippet" sounds way more annoying in my head than it should...

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporePosts: 988Member
    Can i still upgrade to 0.10.0? i need to get lion or better on my current macbook first right? Cos now the GS version is only .9.4
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Posts: 323Member
    edited September 2012
    @SSS

Yes, I have 'Nook Color Portrait' Selected from the Project tab.

The part that refers to the orientation change is in the second snippet.'There are also scaling and orientation change issues.' I have no way of 100% verifying everything, since I don't have a Nook device, but I have most certainly still seen the 'Black Bars' on my Kindle Fire.

Anyway, you'll see that in the second snippet there are other reasons it was kicked back.. I had too many interpolates going on at once during my scene transitions so that's part of the reason I had been tagged for the 'button unresponsiveness'. I've since turned them off, but in general I've noticed that Android performance lags in comparison to iOS. (I'm very much looking forward to he Native Code Engine..)

The other reason I was dinged in the second snippet was due to the fact that Hibernate doesn't also pause the music.. thankfully there's a work around, but that's still rather odd that wasn't incorporated into the rule in the first place.

Still, there's no workaround for the they're calling the 'shifting' in the first snippet. It's really up to the reviewer whether they notice it or not. That's not how I want to judge my chances when submitting builds.

Thanks for looking into this for us. Hopefully there's an easy solution.

----
    'Snippet 01'
    Unfortunately we are not able to approve your application for
    distribution at this time for the following reasons:

Files: Rejected: NOOK Color
    The user interface of your app is not appropriately scaled or designed
    for the NOOK family of devices and their displays. Please refer to the
    test criteria information, address the issue, and resubmit.
    1. Start the app on the NOOK Color
    Result: The app's content is shifted to the left.

----
    'Snippet 02'
    Unfortunately we are not able to approve your application for
    distribution at this time for the following reasons:

Files: Rejected: After power interruption, your app resumes playing
    music upon power-on or pressing the "N" button, before the slider is
    used to wake up the device. Also, some UI controls are frequently
    unresponsive (e.g. "Back" and "More" buttons). There are also scaling
    and orientation change issues. Please refer to the test criteria
    information, address the issues, and resubmit. Thank you.

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @Racetothemoon - let me dig into this a bit and see what I can find out.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

@SSS Thanks again.

BTW, since we're having a nice conversation, is there an ETA on the next update? :)
    hmm.. I want to clarify one thing with the 'black bars' I'm noticing.

I just made a separate 'Kindle Fire' build, as I hadn't done that yet since noticing you split the two platforms. There are no Black Bars here at all. The game screen is completely flush with the side of the screen and the navigation bar at the bottom.

I'm not sure what this means in the grand scheme, as I said I've not been able to locally test with a Nook.

GLGames said:

Can i still upgrade to 0.10.0? i need to get lion or better on my current macbook first right? Cos now the GS version is only .9.4

0.10.0 is the current version of Creator and can be downloaded from the Creator page and yes, you will need 64bit Lion or greater to run it. :)

@Racetothemoon - we're expecting the next version of Creator, 0.11.0, to go out by the end of the month/first part of October, tentatively. Though at this time I'm unsure of the components therein.

• wpatenwpaten Posts: 281Member, PRO

@Racetothemoon - we're expecting the next version of Creator, 0.11.0, to go out by the end of the month/first part of October, tentatively. Though at this time I'm unsure of the components therein.

Just curious if the results from that survey that most of us got to take a few weeks ago will be made available?

• SinSquidSinSquid Posts: 135Member, PRO
    I´m experiencing some serious lags when I´m previewing my games in the creator. (GS version in 0.10.0) Sound and screen lags every 3-4 second or so, making testing really hard. I´ve tried different games, and they`re all the same. Testing in adhock works like normal. Im on a 1 year old Macbook Pro, OSX Lion 10.7.4, 4GB ram.

Anyone else have this problem? what can i do? the last GS version ran smoooooth :(
This discussion has been closed.