GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing Windows 8 and Windows Store Support!

1235»

Comments

• BobDBobD Posts: 374Member, PRO
    Help! I can't figure out the following:

1. "package identity name"
    2. "PublisherDisplayName"

I don't see where in the app.dev "Dashboard" where I find this information.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,377Member, Sous Chef
    I the app dev center click on your app
    Click on advanced features in the left column
    Click on the push notifications link in the middle of the page
    Click on identifying your app on the left column

Both things you are looking for are in the middle of the page in bold. When copying the publisher id do not copy the CN= part
    Jonmulcahy - Thank you so much!!
  • sallcsallc Posts: 3Member, PRO
    Do we need to use the 'app signing' feature of gamesalad publishing or not? It appears my app creation hangs at the 'app signing' for a windows 8 app....

I used the appxupload file and the windows app developer site game me an app project name, and display name error (my fault), also a project ID error, but it provided me the proper entries, so I'm regenerating the app and will try again.
  • sallcsallc Posts: 3Member, PRO
    Success!! I was able to upload the app and it was verified. Used the appxupload version of the file, no signing, and updated the display name, project id, and project name that windows provided, regenerated an app, downloaded it directly (skipped the signing feature), and used the windows app developer page to upload the appxupload file. I'll let you know if Windows approves!
  • KaiWenKaiWen Posts: 76Member, PRO
    I'm going to have to give Windows 8 a try. I think it's really cool we can use GS to write games for the new Windows 8 OS.
    I submitted 4 apps to the Windows store over the weekend. Not sure if they will
    make it for the Oct 26 release. I used VirtualBox on my Mac to load a eval copy of Windows 8. Followed the instructions from GameSalad to install and test my apps on Windows 8. All worked great except when I when running the Windows App Cert Kit. I always get a fail but when I uploaded them to Windows 8 App store they pass the Cert part. Now I am just waiting to see if my apps get approved.
    BobD said:

I submitted 4 apps to the Windows store over the weekend. Not sure if they will
    make it for the Oct 26 release. I used VirtualBox on my Mac to load a eval copy of Windows 8. Followed the instructions from GameSalad to install and test my apps on Windows 8. All worked great except when I when running the Windows App Cert Kit. I always get a fail but when I uploaded them to Windows 8 App store they pass the Cert part. Now I am just waiting to see if my apps get approved.

What's the exact message from the cert kit?

Everything passes except they fail "Performance suspend"
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef
    So what is the "Publisher Display Name"? For some reason, that has me confused.

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

If you are an individual then it would be your name "John Smith"
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef
    Hehe. Thanks @BobD. Sorry about that, it was my lame attempt at humor.

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• donganhdonganh Posts: 4Member
    edited November 2012
    I received this message from Dev Center when i publish game. Please help me on this
    Technical compliance: failed
    This tests your app with the Windows App Certification Kit. You can also run this the test locally from the SDK. Learn more
    One or more of the Windows App Certification Kit tests failed. Test your app with the Windows App Certification Kit on your computer to get more detailed info about this error.

I run Windows App Certification Kit and i got this: (My game still run smooth in Windows 8)

FAILED
    Crashes and hangs•
    Error Found: The crashes and hangs test detected the following errors:◦Application meobo.hangman_1.0.0.0_neutral__amr24t57p17nr was detected by Windows Error Reporting and experienced a crash or hang.•
    Impact if not fixed: An app that stops responding or crashes can cause data loss and is a poor user experience.•
    How to fix: Investigate, debug the executable(s) in question to identify and fix the problem, then rebuild and re-test the app.
    Using Application Verifier Within Your Software Development Lifecycle
  • funkyj4everfunkyj4ever Posts: 74Member
    how can i get the windows charm settings to work? Like the privacy policy button to work and the other ones? I added these urls in gamesalad http://www.appfub.com/contact.html and http://www.appfub.com/FAQ.html. So it should work right? But i doesnt. I cant even see a privacy policy button
    Please help
    Oke i tried everything. And everytime when i install the app and i click on one of the charm button)term of use or contact). The app crashes and wont open a browser. Please fix this. I must be a bug or has someone completed this step?
  • 3itg3itg Posts: 382Member, PRO
    edited November 2012
    @funkyj4ever that is looking for information from your MICROSOFT profile. Enter in the correct privacy policy address into the page where you reserved your app name.
    @3itg. Sorry i dont understand you. I have to get the url in my microsoft account? But not in gamesalad generator? On the generator page for windows 8 are 2 open spaces for policy and contact url's but they just dont work. I tried everything but when i create the app and install it and start the app and go to the right side and get to the contact button, it just crashes and doesnt open a internet page?
    @3itg. When you create a windows 8 app and install it and you go to the right, settings and click on contact it goed to your contact page or it also crashes? That is my problem. I think its a bug. I tried everything :(
    Oke i used a different pc but still the same problem, when i go to windows charms and click on contact the app crashes, please fix this. It should be impossible for anyone to publish a w8 game now because this must work before its passed certifaction.
    Here is the pdf from the Certification report
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1782897170/3 2 Reliability.pdf
    You need to have links both in gamesalads generator and in the online portal at Microsoft. The links have to match. It's slow but it works fine on my win8 virtual.
    @jonmulcahy so when you generate the app and test it, it doesnt work? It only works when the app is accepted? Talking about the Click “Support” or “Terms of Use” in the setting charm.

@jonmulcahy so when you generate the app and test it, it doesnt work? It only works when the app is accepted? Talking about the Click “Support” or “Terms of Use” in the setting charm.

I have a generated and signed app that I have not submitted. Clicking on the support button loads the ie app after about 10 seconds.

This app is created on the win8 msdn portal already but the binary has not been submitted

@jonmulcahy The things is that it doesnt work for me. Even when i create a blank app, put 2 urls in it, generate, sign, and test, it still crashes and doesnt open ie :(, Also a strange thing is that i am a pro user but i dont got the PRO Image next to my name?.
    I already contacted support for the first problem. Hope the can fix it
    @jonmulcahy I think that the urls on msdn portal site has nothing to do with the charms that are crashing when you click on them. I changed them correctly and also made a new app on msdn and then in gamesalad and placed the 2urls on the web gamesalad and on msdn but still crashes. Could you make a new app and test the charm? I will go crazy when it also fails for my only xd.
  • 3itg3itg Posts: 382Member, PRO
    edited November 2012
    @funkyj4ever
    Can you please confirm for me that you are on the Microsoft page?
    You must publish your Privacy Policy with Microsoft. Nothing on Gamesalad.com will influence your Privacy Policy.
    If you are still experiencing a crash or hang when you click the privacy policy link in a windows 8 app, you need to visit your Microsoft Application Developer Dashboard.
    ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/apps and sign in, then click Dashboard)
    After you fill in:
    App Name
    Selling Details
    Advanced Features
    Age Rating and Rating Certificates
    Cryptography
    You then must upload an app to the Package section, here your Package Name and Publisher ID must match either Gamesalad.com Package Name and Publisher ID if you are going to sideload for testing (if this is not a test, and the app is to be submitted for certification, these values must match the values provided to you by Microsoft when you reserved the name of the app.)

Now you can access the Description section.
    Second thing from the bottom:
    When you have the correct Privacy Policy Entered in. Your App should no longer crash.
    I hope this clears up some of the confusion.

Edit: I second guessed myself... and a quick google came up with this link:
    http://gyorgybalassy.wordpress.com/2012/10/22/your-app-needs-a-privacy-policy-in-the-windows-store/
    The above link confirms the Charm seeks the URL entered in on the Microsoft Page.
    @3itg already done. There is a problem with the app. When i test it and click more then 3 times on contact or term of use button. The ie app opens and shows my page. So sometimes it works. Someone else also got this problem http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/359074/#Comment_359074 and http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/51302 . Its a strange problem but hoped it will be fixed soon
  • donganhdonganh Posts: 4Member

Hello!
    I have app that i write run good on android and ios but when i submit it to windows 8 store it can not be certified. Can you help me that what i have to edit to run on windows 8 store?
    Thank you!

@donganh said:
    Hello!
    I have app that i write run good on android and ios but when i submit it to windows 8 store it can not be certified. Can you help me that what i have to edit to run on windows 8 store?
    Thank you!

why did it fail certification?