GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated Roadmap

12345679»

Comments

• RUPASRUPAS Posts: 823Member
    edited January 2013
    @SaladStraightShooter you have thought it best to do all the work you and us in a click PlayHaven integrate, that's great, but did not think it might be better to give more work to developers and can we see every day or when I want the reports? I prefer to work a full day on integrating PlayHaven and then have the option to watch my daily reports what PlayHaven integrate with a click and wait 90 days to see my reports. And reports are missing a lot of work, as you would differentiate income of my games? thanks for listening.

PD: Do not get me wrong, it's just my humble opinion
  • vikingviking Posts: 322Member, PRO
    @SaladStraightShooter

Any indication on changes in memory footprint for the new Lua free engine? Do you know if it will be smaller or bigger and if bigger, approximately how much bigger?
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @Viking - unfortunately I can't offer much more in terms of specifics than has already been shared. But I can say that in initial testing, memory footprints were significantly reduced in some test cases.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,685Member
    Proper universal builds is top of my list, fingers crossed.

Darren.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @DeepblueApps.com - that's actually in the kitchen as we speak... hopefully it meets expectations appropriately. :)

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• dylanwoodylanwoo Posts: 25Member
    Can we all just agree that everyone here sees the potential of this fantastic product and that sometimes progress can be frustrating because it is so tightly wound with our progress? I would love to see an updated roadmap thread that is locked from comments and just reports from @SaladStraightShooter twice a month? It would be much easier to read? Any maybe @Salad can spend more time tossing the salad in the kitchen and we can be eating dinner much faster?
  • ChakkuChakku Posts: 1,513Member
    edited January 2013
    dylanwoo said:

Any maybe @Salad can spend more time tossing the salad in the kitchen and we can be eating dinner much faster?

@dylanwoo

=)) @SaladStraightShooter is the community moderator...he doesen't actually make/update GameSalad Creator ;)

But in a way, you're right. They update when they update, but do keep in mind that community's expressing what they like/don't like, what they want/don't want...it is crucial in improving the Creator to everyone's benefit.

Chakku
  • wpatenwpaten Posts: 281Member, PRO
    edited January 2013

I think the poll that GS gave last year asking what were the most important features that the community wanted was FAR AND AWAY more crucial than reading through 9 pages of a few people ranting about the things they like or dislike.

• ChakkuChakku Posts: 1,513Member
    wpaten said:

I think the poll that GS gave last year asking what were the most important features that the community wanted was FAR AND AWAY more crucial than reading through 9 pages of a few people ranting about the things they like or dislike.

@wpaten

I meant that community feedback is crucial :)

Chakku

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,906Member
    Oh man this is getting old I-)
  • lukejnrlukejnr Posts: 63Member
    I look forward to the next update.
  • RPRP Posts: 1,990Member
    wpaten said:

Yeah, I hear that. I got a bit tired of checking this thread and even missed the fact that Lua free was going to be pro only. My excuse? I got tired of thumbing through pages of complaints, duplicate requests and regurgitated topics.

Maybe we can lock this one and open it up for input whenever there is an update? It's getting longer than War and Peace.

I'm inclined to agree - not much new ground here, and the data is still available for review.

Cheers,
    -SSS

This discussion has been closed.