GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad breaks on Android 4.2

13»

Comments

• HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Posts: 1,792Member
    @MarkOnTheIron - Can you remind me how to do that? I thought it auto updated?

Give me a buzz if you need some original music in your games.

• MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Posts: 1,447Member
    edited December 2012
    Go to the "SDK" folder, open the "tools" folder and then open the "android" file. It will open a Terminal windows and after some seconds it will automatically open the "Android SDK Manager". There you can see all the updates.

P.S. Some add ons require a valid login from the dev section of it's producer (like Motorola ones).

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Posts: 5,390Member
    Thanks @MarkOntheIron I am updating all again now, will reupload and then publish again and see what happens .. fingers crossed
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Posts: 1,792Member
    Thanks @MarkOnTheIron - have just updated.

Give me a buzz if you need some original music in your games.

@PixelMetal @MarkOnTheIron I have now updated my SDK, reuploaded and republished. LAD v1.3 is now active on Play, could you please try this version on your Nexus 7 and let me know if its playable? Thanks
  • PixelMetalPixelMetal Posts: 283Member
    edited December 2012

@PixelMetal @beefy_clyro Have you tried to update the sdk to the latest version? I updated it before I republished my app and the problem was resolved.

Yes, I have the most recent SDK. Installed weeks ago when it was released.

@beefy_clyro: Same issue.

@PixelMetal I have no idea then as I have had an update to a review saying that it didnt work originally, my 1st update didnt work either but the latest, after updating SDK and uploading as a new project has worked on his Nexus 7.
  • DoguzDoguz Posts: 500Member
    The Android Viewer also needs updated or re-building as it crashes on 4.1 also.
    Testing on a Nexus 7.
  • wpatenwpaten Posts: 281Member, PRO
    edited January 2013
    So I have been playing with this having different results but here is what I have found.

1) If I create a brand new project using Gamesalad 0.10.1, then it will work on my Nexus 7 with no problems.

2) If I try to republish a project that was created with 0.10.0 and up, then it will work on my Nexus 7 with no problems.

3) If I try and republish a project that was originally created in (0.9.4), then it will not work correctly on my Nexus 7.

No matter what I try I cannot get old projects to work correctly if they were not originally created on 0.10.0 and up. Has anyone else had the same results?
  • PixelMetalPixelMetal Posts: 283Member
    wpaten said:

So I have been playing with this having different results but here is what I have found.

1) If I create a brand new project using Gamesalad 0.10.1, then it will work on my Nexus 7 with no problems.

2) If I try to republish a project that was created with 0.10.0 and up, then it will work on my Nexus 7 with no problems.

3) If I try and republish a project that was originally created in (0.9.4), then it will not work correctly on my Nexus 7.

No matter what I try I cannot get old projects to work correctly if they were not originally created on 0.10.0 and up. Has anyone else had the same results?

Replace Nexus 7 with Galaxy Nexus and yes, same problem.

@SSS - Is this something that should be looked into?
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    Checking in on it now.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @wpaten - could you provide the link via PM of the older project you're encountering this issue with so QA can verify?

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

@wpaten - could you provide the link via PM of the older project you're encountering this issue with so QA can verify?

Ok so this is interesting...

I was getting ready to submit my file for you guys to QA but I saw that the upload restriction was 25 megs. So I had to get rid of a good portion of my game and graphics to get it down below that number. But since I had changed it so much with deleting files and scenes, I wanted to try and reexport it 1 more time just to see what would happen.

And of course, it installed and opened up just fine this time on my Nexus 7 (Android version 4.2.1 installed).

Which now means that there is something wacky with my Original file that I will have to go scene by scene and see what it is that is not allowing it to be installed correctly.

Hopefully this helps some people out there, as I know I was getting frustrated by not knowing what the deal was.
This discussion has been closed.