GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My actor keeps falling through the floors

Now, first off, this isn't a complete noob with no idea what they are doing, but for some reason, I have recently ran into a problem, I have everything working on my player, life, movement, etc, but he keeps falling through the platforms in my game, I knew the problem and I went to add a collision behaviour to bounce off the platform, and then I went to the properties for the platforms and set its bounciness to 0, but when I play my character doesn't appear on screen, he's the primary layer at the front, he is ticked as visible, but it didn't work, so I went and tested out the exact problem, I soon narrowed it down to whenever I added the collision rule the character would disappear, so I know the problem, but I have no clue what the solution is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• LooseMooseLooseMoose Posts: 224Member
    When you start your scene is the hero over-lapping with the platform? because if it is it might be glitching out and launching your hero off the screen. Place your hero a few pixels above the platform. This may not be your problem but thought I'd suggest it anyway.

Loose Moose Games | Facebook | Twitter

• TrampskeyTrampskey Posts: 4Member
    Thank you Kyukon, but unfortunately I already tried it, to no avail, having worked with unity before this on 3D games, I very quickly got the point of, if your characters not working, you probably put them in the floor.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,959Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    Make sure that your hero is on a layer that is "scrollable".
  • famekraftsfamekrafts Posts: 834Member, BASIC
    Show us a screenshot of your actors and the code, so we can help you better.
  • DenimSharkDenimShark Posts: 192Member
    Make sure atleast one of the two's physics is set to movable
  • TrampskeyTrampskey Posts: 4Member
    Okay, so, I have tried all suggestions so far, but none seem to work for me, rather than posting code I will just say all my code looks exactly like in this video

But the PC gamesalad equivalent.

• Fal01Fal01 Posts: 460Member
    Does your player have any other collision rules? Or do any other actors have collision rules with your actor?
    I had this happen once, and I mistakenly had a collide rule with the background.
    Good Luck

It’s not a bug – it’s an undocumented feature

This discussion has been closed.