GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top GameSalad Coder Available for Projects

Most people around here know my skill level. I recently took on a freelance project and enjoyed it so I thought I'd formally offer my services on a limited basis. I'm fast, reliable and stand behind my work 100%. Serious inquiries only! PM me to inquire.

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Posts: 5,390Member
    Maybe best to clarify exactly what you are offering. Is it full game? Help with mechanics? Would you do level design to an already completed game with all working mechanics? What would your hourly rate be?
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,913Member
    I can provide any type of services related to Gamesalad code. Fixing projects, sliming code, designing complete game logic. I have no interest in level design as that provides no challenges. My hourly rate is $25 US and I'll also quote a flat fee based on a work description. As @RP will verify I'm a very fast coder. I rebuilt the code from scratch on a full platformer in three days. I'm currently working on a game with @RP.
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Posts: 2,807Member, Sous Chef
    FBS is a great guy for all kinds of job :)

FBS is a great guy for all kinds of job :)

I personally know that, but just thought the opening post was a bit vague which is why I thought it was a good idea to have him elaborate on what he can do, is and is not looking for, etc etc :)
  • RPRP Posts: 1,990Member
    I can speak nothing but high regard for @FryingBaconStudios and his coding/GameSalad skills. We have a lot of complex stuff that has been implemented into our current title and his experience with code and logic mapping is certainly well beyond what we just have going on in our own title.

His philosophy extends past "let me code for you", he cares about what it is he is working on and wants to know the person as well as the project.
    There you go guys, a top coder available at a decent rate!
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• RPRP Posts: 1,990Member
    That was 15 seconds of make me hungry. Add a little diving board on that side of that pan and I'm in!
  • finalcutbobfinalcutbob Posts: 130Member
    Personally, I'd like to have someone do some tutorials instead. I know there are a lot of videos on youtube and other places, but I think something more comprehensive would be a big help.
    Lynda.com is a great example of what I'm talking about.
    I would pay for something like that.

You know what they say:
    "Give a man some code and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to code and he'll make his own bacon."
  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,815Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef
    edited December 2012
    Well, both Mr. Bacon and I provide free GameSalad tutorials on YouTube. I sent inquiries to Lynda and Atomic Learning and neither showed any interest. My next project is a GameSalad in a Box educational kit for teachers that will include lesson plans, templates, and videos.

My videos are step-by-step and perfect for beginning GameSaladers or students (I teach GameSalad to 4th-8th graders). They teach the fundamentals and allow anyone to create a working game after watching about 15 videos that are 3-5 minutes in length.

I don't want to hijack this discussion any more than I have so feel free to send me a PM if you'd like the URLs.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

As @titiang mentioned, I provide free videos on my website and I do about two a week. Doing side code projects helps me to keep my studio updated with good equipment to provide excellent tutorials. I just bought a new tube microphone that cost $300 and screen flow which cost $70 all these little things add up and cost money. I'm not asking for a handout just offering my services to any who might need it.
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member
    tatiang said:

Well, both Mr. Bacon and I provide free GameSalad tutorials on YouTube.

How would I find your Youtube tutorials ?
    @Socks They can be found at http://tinyurl.com/GameSaladTutorials and http://tinyurl.com/GoGameSalad. As I mentioned, they are designed for students in elementary and junior high school, but I think anyone relatively new to GameSalad can benefit from them. I certainly don't talk down to my audience.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• finalcutbobfinalcutbob Posts: 130Member
    @FryingBaconStudios
    What's your website address?
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member
    edited December 2012
    tatiang said:

As I mentioned, they are designed for students in elementary and junior high school, but I think anyone relatively new to GameSalad can benefit from them. I certainly don't talk down to my audience.

Not to worry, I have no standards, I'll suck it all in once it's free : )

Cheers for the link.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Posts: 4,630Member
    I just stopped by to place m recommendation that FBS is certainly the man for a good job.. Although again @fryingbaconstudios despite all the videos and recommendations I think it would be nice to put some links/videos examples of past projects for new people whom wouldn't know your skill level around here..
    Again FBS = Topman
    edited December 2012
    As some might not know I am the co owner of a Golden books property. http://gleesongroupmedia.com/
    The website and apps were coded by me. We recently brought in @RP to the group and after we finish Puck It we will be doing a reboot of the Little Beastie's book series.
    Good work indeed mate. I suggest spell checking the website though, just from looking at one paragraph, there are numerous mistakes.

"From the personal libray of Illistrator Kate Gleeson comes her Little beasties characters originally published by Golden Books. Each of these presious titles are specifically designed for the iPhone"
    Ah yes, I am dyslexic so things can slip by me when it comes to written language.
    @FryingBaconStudios, if you ever want an editor for website text, I'll provide my services free of charge.

edited December 2012
    @tatiang thanks, yeah my partner Dave usually double checks me. Imagine I was a WGA television writer, just goes to show how people who work hard can overcome being saddled with what some consider a handicap. what they don't realize is dyslexia is a gift as we think all in images which allows us to process information way faster and is perfect for Tv writing. I play out my scenes in my head before I ever set them to print. I can visualize every detail in my head and even watch my characters interact and keep playing it over and over editing it each time.

Ah yes, I am dyslexic so things can slip by me when it comes to written language.

No worries mate, just thought it was worth mentioning :)

what they don't realize is dyslexia is a gift as we think all in images which allows us to process information way faster and is perfect for Tv writing. I play out my scenes in my head before I ever set them to print. I can visualize every detail in my head and even watch my characters interact and keep playing it over and over editing it each time.

Sounds amazing!!!
    Hidden talents! Well I've provided editing for other developers' apps so I thought I'd offer. But sounds like you have a strong team there.

Yes my partner Dave works in Tech at MIT and @RP worked for Apple corporate and was just interviewed by Disney! The makings of a cool collection of talent. We have aspirations of a small studio of our own that does all kinds of media.
  • ElfizmElfizm Posts: 489Member
    Wow, and here I am thinking you just make cool videos! But looks like you guys are on your way to the big city!
    @elfizm we are taking our shot. It's been a long road. We continue to dream big and work hard to get better with our skills and demand the best from ourselves. It's a pleasure to work with people who are committed to the hard work of dreaming!
    Okay, it seems I need to add this bit of info to this thread. Please don't message me for free help or ask me to build a complete game for $100. Please be over 18 and expect to pay a proper fee for the work. As I said, I'm only looking for a couple clients.
    I currently have time for a client. The spot will fill fast so get your request in.
  • sparkaniasparkania Posts: 300Member, PRO
    this thread is Still open?? I'dathought you'd been scooped up by now...
This discussion has been closed.