GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone who can make a really cool trailed (Like Project Boom's?)

Here is a link to the project boom trailer:

I want something like this but instead I want the Samsung Galaxy S3 like flipping around and I want it to be upbeat cool and just make someone want to download the game.

We can agree on a price…
Also I don't know who made the Project Boom Trailer, but if you know, or that is you, then I would also love to hear from you!

Thanks so much,
:D

Nick Barber
[email protected]

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,964Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    edited February 2013
    I think @StormyStudio did it
  • JordeyyJordeyy Posts: 409Member
    I will email you now bro , i have been doing video editing for the last 5 years using , after effects , cinema 4d which is a probably how he did the iPad , and Sony Vegas I will send you show you some of my work

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cMvW59fKuY

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLYXGILj6uE

Theres Lots more , if you can click them links , there's called

C4D MineCraft Creeper Meets Real World Explosion

C4D Gum Ball Machine Speed Model
  • nickb5552nickb5552 Posts: 452Member
    Thanks @Braydon_SFX I'll ask him.

And Jordey, those are really cool videos, I especially like the MineCraft Creeper one, its creative! You seem pretty skilled, So, email me and we can talk about maybe doing it together!
  • ChakkuChakku Posts: 1,513Member
    edited February 2013
    @NGames
    @LiquidGameworks

Trying to get into the Unicorn game? ;)
  • anatomyofdreamsanatomyofdreams Posts: 723Member
    edited February 2013
    @NGames I could be wrong (and someone please correct me if I am), but that trailer looks like one of the many After Effects/Apple Motion templates you can download. Basically if you have either one of those programs you can do google searches for after effects templates or apple motion templates.

Look how easy. I just did a really quick google search and take a look at this. Only 49 bucks!
    http://www.motionvfx.com/store,project_707,p1219.html
    Just to be clear I'm not saying this is the one to use. Merely saying that I found this in about 5 seconds. Imagine what you could do with a whole day of research and free time ;)

All you have to do is drag your footage into the template and you're done. Now clearly having a professional editor/effects person will always make your piece more dynamic, but templates are a pretty cheap way to get impressive stuff done.

Hope this helps! :)
  • creativeappscreativeapps Posts: 1,769Member
    @NGames yes Project Boom trailer is really good. Sound and special effects are really good one. But if you are looking for users point of view its just effect. Users would like to see game play, powers and whats going inside the game. So I suggest check cut the rope, wheres my water and other famous iphone game trailers.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,913Member
    This is the trailer I created for POM.

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,686Member
    I will be in need of one soon so keeping an eye out for the good ones:)

Darren.
    As I said its always beneficial to go with a pro who specializes in editing/fx etc. No doubt. But for the sake of those who may not be able to afford a pro, etc. I thought I'd help with some other suggestions to.

1.) you can use templates as i mentioned above.
    2.) if you have imovie you can use the trailer feature. Some people aren't aware of this but you can actually do more with the trailer feature than most know about. I'm not in front of it but i believe you can go to FILE and then select something like BREAK APART. Something like that. And what that allows you to do is go outside the templatey feel of the imovie trailer. You can add in more content and stray farther away from the template feel. It will even allow you to add still images. So its a neat little trick for those on a tight budget and little knowledge of more advanced editing software.
    3.) if you have a little experience in editing take a look at trailers that move or inspire you. Ask yourself what makes these communicate so well to you. Study them and try to add your own unique spin to that. Use it as a foundation to work from.

Again its always great to have a pro. Perhaps if you don't have the money try working out a trading system. Editing for graphics or music etc. I hope some of these suggestions can help those out with people of limited budgets and oe those super control freaks who want to do everything on their own ;)

Best of luck! :)
    @FryingBaconStudios really good. This is what I was trying to explained in my previous post.
    +1
    Chakku said:

@NGames
    @LiquidGameworks

Trying to get into the Unicorn game? ;)

Absoulty hahah ;)

@anatomyofdreams
    Thanks man I'll probably look into that!
    And,
    @creativeapps
    @FryingBaconStudios

You guys do have really good points I was thinking of having a little bit of both sides. So I'll have to think about that one!
    @Ngames I just took a look at iMovie. To do what I said above, go to iMovie. Select New Project. Select a trailer. If you want to have more options and make the trailer more customizeable, you can break it apart by going to...
    FILE>CONVERT TO PROJECT

Now what that's going to do for you is allow you to add whatever content you want. Change the trailer and its pacing however you see fit! It's a trick that not many people know about. It will also allow you to insert images which in default mode, does not.

It's clear there are many talented people on here with all ranges of outside professions. You can always use them to cut your trailers, obviously. I just wanted to also help out those who for one reason or another need/want to do it themselves.

Hope people find these things useful :)
    Best of luck!
    @anatomyofdreams Thanks good to know, I also have Final Cut Pro and am somewhat familiar with that so I may try that. Or if the trailer on iMovie is much simpler and just as efficient I'll go with that!

-Thanks man,
    Nick
  • TellentStudioTellentStudio Posts: 23Member
    if you need trailer music you can write me
This discussion has been closed.