GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad Mac Creator 0.10.2 Beta

Comments

• MPCavMPCav Posts: 81Member, BASIC
    Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any issues with this version?
    Both of my games (SpaceOff and Free Quiz) were working fine before the update, however now they freeze when you try to begin a level / start a quiz...
  • TinpotTinpot Posts: 54Member
    @SaladStraightShooter does the open allocation function provided by Mobclix work with Gamesalad? I.E integrating iADS and that other Voldimort network we shall not name. Has gamesalad had the respective changes made to work with them?
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,103Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    Sweetness!
  • BazookaTimeBazookaTime Posts: 1,274Member
    edited March 2013
    Is there a way to turn off the-"this is where the banner ad would go" box that pops up every level?

I have created a mobiclix account and registered an app with it. I have d/l 0.10.2 and seen the new banner ad behaviour and installed it and tested it successfully with the GSviewer (Android). When I go to publish I do not see any mobiclix in the publishing portal? Any ideas...does the portal need 12hours for my mobilx account to register?

BTW mobiclix is excellent news. Well done GS!
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Posts: 1,603Member
    Can anyone report any majo bugs that would stop me from updating?

I know in the past we have always had to be weary.
    - Thomas

Ignore females. Acquire currency.

• RiffelRiffel Posts: 1,272Member

When I go to publish I do not see any mobiclix in the publishing portal? Any ideas...

@lycettebros same here
    @SnapFireStudios I have had some issues unfortunately. Check my post above.
    @MPCav - Yes, sorry I meant to mention that I had seen yours. Any chance of some more details on exactly what is happening to you and when?

edited March 2013
    Well when I run SpaceOff in the viewer, sometimes it can take an age to load and sometimes it will just display a white screen.
    In the viewer, when the user tries to start a game, it will just stay on the spinning loading wheel forever.
    If you do the same thing within the GS simulator, when you try to load a game all of the game objects are in there 'editor placed positions' meaning they do not seem to have initialized correctly as they are supposed to have snapped to their 'off screen' positions which is supposed to be performed in the first line of their scripts.
    Very odd.
  • imGuaimGua Posts: 1,089Member
    I like that there was optimization, but my "problem scenes" are still have problems with fps. Also I like that the tailing issue was fixed. Bit dissapoited that we still do not have ability to save preview screen size.

At the moment I didn't find any bugs and my game works fine.
    Wow.. and you're completely sure that that change is directly caused by the update? I assume you do; just checking.

Certainly not going to update until the issue is looked in to further.

I'm sure SSS will help us all out tomorrow.
    - Thomas

edited March 2013
    @SnapFireStudios Yes, both of these exact versions are working and available for DL from the app store. I have asked for support from GS and hopefully they will be able to help me.
  • artfishartfish Posts: 369Member, PRO
    edited March 2013
    Experiencing Major issues. :(( one puzzle is broken, it's angle puzzle. I have 3 rings that rotate. When each ring is at a certain position, puzzle is solved. Works in Mac preview, no longer works on iPhone viewer. (Haven't tried adhoc yet) another scene completely locks up the game... Oh boy....damn. Other than those 2 game breaking glitches, it seems faster overall..
    @artfish - Oh noes.. :((
    - Thomas

• ChirpinGamesChirpinGames Posts: 214Member, PRO
    @saladstraightshooter thanks for the update.
    Did you guys do any speed comparisons that you could share the stats with us?
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef
    JarrenH said:

Please tell me there is a iOS viewer update to go along with this? Just updated to discover the lovely error telling me install the latest version... :-L

Every time there is a Creator update, there is a Viewer update to coincide. Just click the link down at the bottom of the page "Download iOS Viewer"

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• lycettebroslycettebros Posts: 1,598Member, PRO
    Can I request @SaladStraightShooter that the maximum iOS and Android SDK version that the latest build supports are listed in release notes?
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @Lycettebros - I will update! Thank you for the suggestion.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

@SaladStraightShooter - Did you see the posts by @artifsh and @MPCav?
    Hotfix per chance?
    - Thomas

• thinlikenatethinlikenate Posts: 16Member
    this update causes my game to freeze up/crash. it has never frozen/crashed before. can someone link to the old version so i can redownload that? my game is unplayable now. ****.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @Snapfirestudios - we'd need time to determine if this is logic or directly related to the release.

@MPCav and @artfish - please contact support detailing your issues. I hope to have more information to speak to particular issues soon.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• natzuurnatzuur Posts: 304Member
    edited March 2013
    I am experiencing something similar to @MPCav, the previewer just freezes or loads forever. I'll be sure to send something to support, but it seems to not be an isolated issue.

edit: actually exactly the same issue, the actors are in the "editor placed positions" and all
  • artfishartfish Posts: 369Member, PRO
    @SaladStraightShooter I appreciate the acknowledgment and the hard work of the GS team. I have faith in you guys.
  • natzuurnatzuur Posts: 304Member
    For the time being is there a link to older versions of GS? I know one used to exist but I cant seem to find it.
  • JarrenHJarrenH Posts: 206Member
    SlickZero said:

JarrenH said:

Please tell me there is a iOS viewer update to go along with this? Just updated to discover the lovely error telling me install the latest version... :-L

Every time there is a Creator update, there is a Viewer update to coincide. Just click the link down at the bottom of the page "Download iOS Viewer"

I just tried, no luck. I got the same "Please install the latest version of the GameSalad Viewer" message.
  • imGuaimGua Posts: 1,089Member
    imGua said:

At the moment I didn't find any bugs and my game works fine.

Found a level that simply crushes =(

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef
    I've got some weird errors in my game in 10.2 that works fine in 10.1. Some could be related to strange code, but a real strange one is that after I left preview the music kept playing!.

I started a game, manually switched scenes by clicking on the bar across the bottom and then hit the home button, but this ONLY happens when I try to view a single scene that has the logic that is freaking out in 10.2.

works fine in 10.1

time to put on the debugger's hat!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef

I've got some weird errors in my game in 10.2 that works fine in 10.1. Some could be related to strange code, but a real strange one is that after I left preview the music kept playing!.

I started a game, manually switched scenes by clicking on the bar across the bottom and then hit the home button, but this ONLY happens when I try to view a single scene that has the logic that is freaking out in 10.2.

works fine in 10.1

time to put on the debugger's hat!

ok, i traced it down to a single rule, and it looks like maybe a bug was introduced when you have a tablecellvalue formula within a tablecellvalue formula.

I have a formula that looks like this:

If I take out the nested tableCellValue formula it works fine, if I put it back in, it crashes.
This discussion has been closed.