GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad Mac Creator 0.10.2 Beta

1141516171820»

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,906Member
    Very sorry for your loss. Take care of your family that is most important. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
  • HymloeHymloe Posts: 1,651Member

When I hear reports about games being broken due to changes on our end, it makes me sad and angry. In some cases we can't avoid those kinds of breaking changes. Yet, seeing some of the community response leads me to believe that we're not communicating those changes effectively enough. We will be fixing that for upcoming releases.

We're also preparing a "state of GameSalad" post for you guys soon. In it we'll officially lay out our latest thoughts on where we're going with the technology and tools. I'm also committing to a weekly status update on the forums where we'll keep you abreast of what we've accomplished and are working toward.

So awesome! Great to hear.

I'm excited to see where things go next. Definitely feels like a really positive shift.

• natzuurnatzuur Posts: 304Member
    Sorry for the loss, obviously an understandable absence. Just keep on communicating like you have been, especially with release notes and changes and im sure things will go the right way.
  • uptimistikuptimistik VenezuelaPosts: 3,602Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    My condolences, @CodeWizard ....

New Templates Daily At The Official GameSalad Marketplace GSHelper.com

• RPRP Posts: 1,990Member
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Best wishes to you and your peeps. That's a rough hurdle.

I'm very pleased to hear that you got the direct support of the CEO to make wake with. Gnarly.

• HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Posts: 1,792Member
    Sorry to hear the bad news @CodeWizard . I don't think it's unreasonable if you take more time off to sort things out.

Give me a buzz if you need some original music in your games.

• SolarPepperStudiosSolarPepperStudios Posts: 754Member
    edited April 2013
    Sorry about your father @CodeWizard . :( I'll make sure to keep your family in mind. I hope you have a good rest of the week though.
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Posts: 1,603Member
    So sorry for your loss CW. I'll ship you some bacon to make it up.
    - Thomas

Ignore females. Acquire currency.

• ChirpinGamesChirpinGames Posts: 214Member, PRO
    So sorry to hear that @CodeWizard, our thoughts go out to you and your family.
  • ValanValan Posts: 405Member
    @codewarrior Sorry to hear. Worst part of life. Takes time, don't rush it.
  • rachellekiokrachellekiok Posts: 8Member, PRO
    Found a huge bug on this update
    This never happend on the previous version

When you copy and paste a previous Actor you created earlier
    Then delete any Local Attributes inside the new Pasted Actor
    "ANY Equation" inside the old Actor with the same Local Attribute will become " 0"

Example:
    Actor : Frog
    Contain Local Attributes: HP, Exp
    Contain Equation: Change Attribute "HP" to "HP-1"

Copy and Paste Frog
    Change "Frog" to "Snake"
    Delete "HP" inside Snake

Actor : Snake
    Contain Local Attributes: Exp

Actor : Frog
    Contain Local Attributes: HP, Exp
    Contain Equation: Change Attribute "HP" to " 0-1"

The Previous actor being copied will still have the Attribute on its list
    But any related Equation will become the " 0"

I have copied a few actors from the same source and deleting any Attribute in either of the copies will create the same bug

Hope this helps
    please fix this asap! its really frustrating
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,685Member
    Couple of things i have noticed...

I cant make a custom set of rules now as the + button is greyed out :(

The timer is not changing for eg if you make a game real attribute called Counter and set it to 2.0 and change game.Counter to game.Counter -0.1 every 5 seconds and then set a timer to spawn an alien every game.Counter it completely ignores the game.Counter and only spawns every 2 seconds even though the game.counter is counting down.

Darren.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,906Member
    The solution to the expression editor problem is to hit enter or return before you hit the check box to close the expression window.
  • kinzuakinzua Posts: 554Member
    @CodeWizard sorry about your father, condolence from my side.
  • ORBZORBZ Posts: 1,303Member, PRO
    @CodeWizard

Thanks for the update.

Any news on if there will be a patch for 10.2 or if I'll have to wait for 10.3 before the memory usage levels go back down to the similar levels as they were in 10.1 ?
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @orbz - 0.10.3 should be hitting this week, tentatively Thursday.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• RPRP Posts: 1,990Member

@orbz - 0.10.3 should be hitting this week, tentatively Thursday.

Awesome! Please keep those updates coming!
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,685Member
    Cant w8 for 0.10.3 this version should of never been released imo, its a pain in the **** to work with as it is now :(

Keep up the good work!

Darren.
  • DigiChainDigiChain Posts: 1,216Member, PRO
    Yeah, the memory usage issues in the current version are causing me major headaches - and many crashes on device. I hope 0.10.3 fixes this!
  • YoRoosterYoRooster Posts: 159Member
    Hey @rachellekiok I haven't upgraded to 0.10.2 as I am close to releasing my first game and don't want to suffer any setbacks.... however I have experienced this issue with previous versions. I would copy a whole scene to save some time but after making lots of amendments to the pasted items I realised all my actors in previous scenes had been reset to 0.0. Seems the copy function still shares a link between actors so I am very careful what I amend in future. I think I sent a bug report on this a while ago
  • ajladueajladue Posts: 24Member, PRO
    I have a trivia game that uses tables to store the answer and the answer choices for each question in a row. So right now i have like 600 rows and I made this table in excel in order to have spell check and generally be easier so I exported that as a CSV and imported it into Gamesalad. When i try to play the game though, none of the information that it should be getting form the tabel is showing up and I have no idea why! When i delete all of the rows and then manually type in a few rows to test with, it works fine and the questions will pop up and use the info from the table but not when i import the csv. This used to be working but like a month ago all the sudden it stopped working and I have no answers for it. I realized recently that this probelm started aroudn the time of the update so could that be the reason maybe? Please help! I really want to release this app; it's almost done!

Thanks,
    Alex
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Posts: 1,803Head Chef, Member, PRO
    make sure you are not setting a numerical value to a reference to either a 0 row or column which returns a non-numerical value.
    ajladue said:

I have a trivia game that uses tables to store the answer and the answer choices for each question in a row. So right now i have like 600 rows and I made this table in excel in order to have spell check and generally be easier so I exported that as a CSV and imported it into Gamesalad. When i try to play the game though, none of the information that it should be getting form the tabel is showing up and I have no idea why! When i delete all of the rows and then manually type in a few rows to test with, it works fine and the questions will pop up and use the info from the table but not when i import the csv. This used to be working but like a month ago all the sudden it stopped working and I have no answers for it. I realized recently that this probelm started aroudn the time of the update so could that be the reason maybe? Please help! I really want to release this app; it's almost done!

Could I suggest that you install 0.10.1 again, and test the game with that. If it all works fine, release using that instead of 0.10.2.

• ajladueajladue Posts: 24Member, PRO
    is there a way to download 10.1 again cause i dont think i have the downloaded file anymore
    ajladue said:

is there a way to download 10.1 again cause i dont think i have the downloaded file anymore

http://gs.releases.s3.amazonaws.com/creator/0.10.1/GameSalad-Creator-0.10.1-beta.dmg
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @ajladue - before taking any advice on downgrading, see @Codemonkey's advice. You may have one of the previously outlined issues in your tables... and not a bug.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

This discussion has been closed.