GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad Mac Creator 0.10.2 Beta

Comments

• ChakkuChakku Posts: 1,513Member
    Hey guys,

For those who are unsure on whether to update in fear of breaking their game, partition your hard drive and install the new Creator on the new partition. This way, if something breaks, you can continue to work on 0.10.1 on your main partition.

Cheers,
    Chakku
  • natzuurnatzuur Posts: 304Member
    edited March 2013
    Hmm, I know i've got some logic like that @jonmulcahy time to do some digging and see if that fixes my issues.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef
    Chakku said:

Hey guys,

For those who are unsure on whether to update in fear of breaking their game, partition your hard drive and install the new Creator on the new partition. This way, if something breaks, you can continue to work on 0.10.1 on your main partition.

Cheers,
    Chakku

if you use OS X just make a copy of the gamesalad application before you download it. then you can run multiple versions at the same time :)

• PixelNautGamesPixelNautGames Posts: 44Member
    this is great. I am happy!
  • ChakkuChakku Posts: 1,513Member

Chakku said:

Hey guys,

Cheers,
    Chakku

if you use OS X just make a copy of the gamesalad application before you download it. then you can run multiple versions at the same time :)

@jonmulcahy
    Wow! I never knew that. I tried to do that with Microsoft Word, and the old version just combined itself with the new version, and I just had 2 copies of the new version, but I could retain both versions by using partitions.

Didn't know that GS could have multiple apps :P

Thanks
    Chakku
  • uptimistikuptimistik Trinidad and TobagoPosts: 3,597Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    edited March 2013
    So I'm unable to test anything using the new viewer, anyone else having this issue?

The Viewer just crashes with every project I try. Getting this error:

(GS_Report_Error) Lua Error: /var/mobile/Applications/EFA38D39-8FFE-4A57-95F4-BE88B31A25EF/GameSalad Viewer.app/engine32.luo: cannot load incompatible bytecode

New Templates Daily At The Official GameSalad Marketplace GSHelper.com

• natzuurnatzuur Posts: 304Member
    So I tested a few things, and narrowed down my issue to my camera controlling/movement actor. Now here is the weird part, if it put it on the topmost layer the scene can start to trigger, I even tried creating another layer and moved it to the top, worked on that one too, but as soon it its layer changes to something lower it freezes the previewer. If i strip it of all logic it seems to operate fine. Hmm
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Posts: 1,603Member
    :-S Anyone else?
    - Thomas

Ignore females. Acquire currency.

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Posts: 1,339Member
    On my game I needed to change the order of two rules to make something work that was previously fine on the old version. One thing to check if you can isolate where the issue is occurring.

Member since November 2009 :D
    Twitter: @SingleSparq Web: www.singlesparq.com

• imGuaimGua Posts: 1,089Member
    imGua said:

imGua said:

At the moment I didn't find any bugs and my game works fine.

Found a level that simply crushes =(

Little update on that. It seems this level crush don't have to do with this version, cause it is also crushes on the old version of creator :(
  • reginald.bernardinreginald.bernardin Posts: 346Member
    I do not see the mobiclix option in the GS publisher section. any ideas?
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Posts: 1,339Member
    edited March 2013
    Strange sound bug found.

Been working on this game for more than a year so I know every sound by ear. With this update I noticed one of my sound effects sounded 'doubled'. Played it back from the source - its fine. Played it from the sound well in GS - doubled. Seems it's because it's a stereo ogg file not mono - never an issue before. I converted my file to mono and sounds normal again - weird.

Update
    Seems to only affect imported stereo OGG files.

Member since November 2009 :D
    Twitter: @SingleSparq Web: www.singlesparq.com

• MSEagle2MSEagle2 Posts: 98Member, PRO
    are there supposed to be mobclix settings in the publishing section? I don't see it - or anything related to mobclix anywhere...
  • ChimoruChimoru Posts: 137Member, PRO
    Wow, I can confirm that at least on Android, there are drastic increases in load times, and the FPS seems higher as well! Great job GS team.
  • imGuaimGua Posts: 1,089Member

Strange sound bug found.

Been working on this game for more than a year so I know every sound by ear. With this update I noticed one of my sound effects sounded 'doubled'. Played it back from the source - its fine. Played it from the sound well in GS - doubled. Seems it's because it's a stereo ogg file not mono - never an issue before. I converted my file to mono and sounds normal again - weird.

Update
    Seems to only affect imported stereo OGG files.

Noticed same thing.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    Aquadel said:

Wow, I can confirm that at least on Android, there are drastic increases in load times, and the FPS seems higher as well! Great job GS team.

I hope you mean decreases in load times... ;)

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• adent42adent42 Posts: 1,261Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
    Sorry, misconfiguration on the publishing server. Pros should now see mobclix configuration.
  • MSEagle2MSEagle2 Posts: 98Member, PRO
    @adent42 is there something wrong with windows 8 publishing? I have had a few apps stuck generating for a few hours now...
  • artfishartfish Posts: 369Member, PRO
    @adent42 I have sent an email to support with a link to my project if you are interested in checking out my issues. ;) Thanks
  • adent42adent42 Posts: 1,261Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
    @MSEagle2 I reset the Windows publishing server so that should get things going again. @artfish I haven't seen the support email yet, so the CS department will look into it tomorrow.
  • ChimoruChimoru Posts: 137Member, PRO
    edited March 2013
    tenrdrmer said:

Aquadel said:

I hope you mean decreases in load times... ;)
    Whoops, I meant decrease!

And is anybody else having issues with the expression editor and attributes with the new update?
  • zoopezoope Posts: 210Member
    Great Update!

However, had a few issues with row/cols disappearing from expressions. Other than that all good.

Although was hoping for Android IAP support, since IAP is crucial for the game I am currently working on :(

Hopefully IAP support for android will be released soon.( Fingers and legs crossed )

Cheers
  • pinkio75pinkio75 Posts: 770Member, PRO
    edited March 2013
    Hi great update here!
    but i don't understand if Mobclix is enable for all Android markets? or is enabled only for Google Play market?
    Can i use it in Amazon market???
    thanks

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,904Member
    You can run two versions of GS. Here is what I do when an update is issued. Download the new version from the website and do not update current version. Put the new version on your external drive or a thumb drive. Run it off of that. Make a copy of your game and try it in the new update. I've been doing this for years as updates tend to be buggy. This way I don't wreck my game. You put too much into a game to be testing updates with it.
  • DanielDoeDanielDoe Posts: 307Member
    @FryingBaconStudios thanks for the tip! :) I just checked all my project with 10.2 and all works without any problems.
  • WingmanappsWingmanapps Posts: 458Member
    edited March 2013
    @SaladStraightShooter
    A few questions

1. mobclix for android
    Does this include all android markets or just google.play

2. Mobclix for IOS
    I assume that mobclix helps you get a higher fillrate to your iads. So everytime you dont have an iad in your banner mobclix will fill it instead. My question is. Does moblix take 50% of the iads revenue aswell or only for the extra mobclix ads?

People that are grounded don't hang on trees

• vikingviking Posts: 322Member, PRO
    I noticed a weird glitch in my game when I updated to 10.2. Two of my buttons on the main menu don't work anymore. (Settings and Shop). All other buttons work just fine. So I tried to create a new Shop button from scratch and simplify the logic to basic functionality: If Touch is Pressed then Change Scene to Shop. Does not work either... How weird is that?
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,682Member
    edited March 2013
    So 10.2 will only support iOS 6? that means we will miss out on millions of potential ipad 1 owners sales?

Darren.
This discussion has been closed.