GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad Mac Creator 0.10.2 Beta

Comments

• greengluegreenglue Posts: 52PRO
    edited March 2013
    @StraightSaladShooter - I can't seem to get any ads at all now. Not even the iAds I previously setup or the interstitial ads by Playhaven. Not even the Mobclix I just tried to setup!

EDIT: I have all ads EXCEPT instertial! So odd.
  • WingmanappsWingmanapps Posts: 458Member
    edited March 2013

So 10.2 only support iOS 6? that means we will miss out on millions of potential ipad 1 owners sales?

Darren.

According to the release notes they support IOS 5+

I think iPad goes 5.1.1 and no more.

People that are grounded don't hang on trees

• RUPASRUPAS Posts: 823Member
    @StraightSaladShooter

a question, then now to use iAds have to do? iAds and Mobclix can use at one time?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member

So 10.2 will only support iOS 6? that means we will miss out on millions of potential ipad 1 owners sales?

Darren.

"Support for iOS 4.3 has been deprecated. Minimum support is now 5.0+. (per prior announcement)"
  • jamies15-3jamies15-3 Posts: 94Member
    Any body else having problems with the new build? I cant change scene in my game now, it just brings up the loading wheel and then nothing, where as yesterday before the update it worked fine. :/
    So to say that my iPad 1 can still work? Oh yeah!
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,685Member
    Panic over...phew i thought it read 6.0 :) tested a build and all is good so far.

Darren.
    MPCav said:

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any issues with this version?
    Both of my games (SpaceOff and Free Quiz) were working fine before the update, however now they freeze when you try to begin a level / start a quiz...

Im having the same issue. :/

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,685Member
    Anyone else have 10.1 showing in the dock with 10.2?

Darren.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,906Member
    edited March 2013
    I can also confirm the issue in 10.2 where table values in the expression editor mixed with other formulas are not working. This is similar to the other reported issue except my expression is not a table in table but a table value as part of an expression. So far though I am seeing better load times and the rest of my game works. There still seems to an issue with the pause behavior and I reported this long ago that when I return from pause I lose control of a touch X & Y constraints. This only happens after using the pause behavior and no other times and our game has been through riggerious beta testing.

Edit: Okay so as I was going back to my old simple prototypes of my game with just the paddle controls to make a file for support I noticed adding the pause function worked. In that build the paddle velocity controls were activated by a grab boolean which was controlled by a touch is pressed. It seems that if I just use a touch is pressed rule to control the actor the pause menu causes a loss of touch is pressed indication but if I add the drag trigger to control the paddle constrains it works.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Posts: 1,339Member

Member since November 2009 :D
    Twitter: @SingleSparq Web: www.singlesparq.com

• HymloeHymloe Posts: 1,651Member
    My game levels don't work anymore since updating to 0.10.2.

Anyone else had such problems?

I need to roll back to an earlier version.

Sad days. Sad sad days.
    So it is confirmed that there are errors with the tables and formulas? is a shame, two months waiting for an update and I will not be able to update ....
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @Hymloe - perhaps do some testing to try and determine what's breaking. Are you using tables, too?

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• WingmanappsWingmanapps Posts: 458Member
    Been waiting for android ads, but cant update since my game is highly based on tables

People that are grounded don't hang on trees

edited March 2013
    Hymloe said:

My game levels don't work anymore since updating to 0.10.2.

Anyone else had such problems?

I need to roll back to an earlier version.

Sad days. Sad sad days.

Sadly i've got the same issue, I can't change to some scenes in my game, where as yesterday it worked fine :/, oh well im sure a hotfix will be out soon.

• SingleSparqSingleSparq Posts: 1,339Member
    My game's levels are table based, no issues here.

Member since November 2009 :D
    Twitter: @SingleSparq Web: www.singlesparq.com

• kolabokolabo Posts: 240Member
    Really happy to see improvements in HTML 5.
    @sss Do I understand correctly, Tables can now bw used in HTML games?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,377Member, Sous Chef

You can run two versions of GS. Here is what I do when an update is issued. Download the new version from the website and do not update current version. Put the new version on your external drive or a thumb drive. Run it off of that. Make a copy of your game and try it in the new update. I've been doing this for years as updates tend to be buggy. This way I don't wreck my game. You put too much into a game to be testing updates with it.

As long as you duplicate the app before updating you can keep them all in your applications folder :)

@jamies15-3 Same problem here. My game is all busted. I wish I'd known about being able to run multiple versions. I wish I'd done that, because I realise now I don't have the 0.10.1 installer downloaded. Does anyone have a copy of it for me?
    I just don't think I can keep using Game Salad.

It's so stressful. It makes me unhappy.

My game is totally busted, and I was already really struggling against Game Salad's limitations, and sluggishness. This latest update has my games totally busted.

It's so discouraging.
    @SaladStraightShooter Yes, I am using tables in abundance.

I've looked over them a bit, and they look ok.

I've looked over some of my actors' behaviours, and the table expressions look ok.

I've sent my project in to the support department, and hopefully they can tell me why it's all broken.

Trying to track down an installer for Mac Creator 0.10.1.

Trying to create a free version of a previous project, but got nothing done.
    Trying to get my artist's new art into the game today, but have got nothing done.

• imGuaimGua Posts: 1,089Member
    Hymloe said:

@jamies15-3 Same problem here. My game is all busted. I wish I'd known about being able to run multiple versions. I wish I'd done that, because I realise now I don't have the 0.10.1 installer downloaded. Does anyone have a copy of it for me?

http://arcade.gamesalad.com/download/latestCreator
    FYI, this may be of interest.

I just installed 0.10.1 again, and tried opening the project that I had already saved in 0.10.2.

It loaded up fine in 0.10.1, and the levels work again.

So it's interesting that a file saved in 0.10.2 can still be opened again in 0.10.1, and that even once it's been saved in 0.10.2 (where the levels in my game are not loading), when opening it in 0.10.1 again, the project works fine as it did before.

Which makes me think that there is no information getting lost of corrupted, but rather, the 0.10.2 viewer system is simply busted in some way.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,906Member
    edited March 2013
    Here is a screeshot of the code that is not working. I know that the offset being read from the table is not being input and none of the code to be executed after that works. This actor's position is spawned from a table which works but the offset and rotation doesn't funtion and this was throughly tested in Beta in 10.1.

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @FryingBaconStudios - will you hit me up via PM and send me the link to your game via your publishing portfolio so I can pass it by QA?

What's important to remember here (barring any true bugs/issues discovered) - this is a significant change from 10.1. A new Lua interpreter and other enhancements to the architecture can drastically alter how your game might behave. This is why you see some folks reporting no issues when they're using similar behaviors/logic - it varies from project to project.

Before throwing your hands in the air and insisting GS is broken, please QA your logic and behaviors to locate the precise issue. This is part of development. As much as anyone would like, we can't guarantee that a game will always be immediately compatible with new revisions/versions.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    @Hymloe you need to send your project to support so they can investigate the issue.

heres an idea that could be causing issues. Both iOS and android had versions depreciated in this update. you should probably make sure your Xcode and android SDKs are up to date. I don't know if the creator relies on them for anything but you never know. the android SDK is what causes the creator to have audio stuttering issue so its not to far fetched an outdated SDK could be hurting things.

just a thought...

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• Dazza006Dazza006 Posts: 248Member
    Dont think I will be updating until all problems are sorted :-S
  • ashtmjashtmj Posts: 405Member, PRO
    got a big bug
    when I run my game on my phone all my actors are invisible :( everything is just is a white block. not sure how to go about fixing this, I have the old version so I can always go back..but it seemed the loadtimes are better, so I'd love to be able to move ahead with the new version if anyone knows what might be happening.

all the images are there/work when I run it on the comp.

also got bugs with using tables, but I can work around those as long as I can get my graphics to show up :)

@FryingBaconStudios - will you hit me up via PM and send me the link to your game via your publishing portfolio so I can pass it by QA?

What's important to remember here (barring any true bugs/issues discovered) - this is a significant change from 10.1. A new Lua interpreter and other enhancements to the architecture can drastically alter how your game might behave. This is why you see some folks reporting no issues when they're using similar behaviors/logic - it varies from project to project.

Before throwing your hands in the air and insisting GS is broken, please QA your logic and behaviors to locate the precise issue. This is part of development. As much as anyone would like, we can't guarantee that a game will always be immediately compatible with new revisions/versions.

If you do not explain the changes in the code, and want us to become aware of this happening? If there are changes in the way of programming in GS should not let us know?
This discussion has been closed.