GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad Mac Creator 0.10.3 Beta

15678911»

Comments

• WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAPosts: 621Member, PRO
    I am so ready for Nightly Builds....
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,904Member
    @codewizard there seems to be an issue with iPhone 4 in the publishing system.
  • MoXoMMoXoM Posts: 8Member
    Hi guys,

Firstly, let me say a big thanks to you guys for GameSalad - what an awesome product!

I've just built a my first ever (and very simple) app called Randomings which is a Random Number Generator. It is currently embedded on my website via HTML5 (www.halabalu.com).

Although it seems to work ok at the moment (still work in progress) I'm having an issue with the audio.

During testing, audio can be heard (even on web preview). However, once it has been uploaded to GameSalad Arcade, there is no audio!

I'd appreciate any help - this is really bugging me!!

Kind regards,

Mo.

• HymloeHymloe Posts: 1,651Member
    I am still using 0.10.0 on my long term project, and it crashes after playing a few levels due to memory usage.

I am very worried that the newer versions of Game Salad soak up even more memory.

Is there hope of a memory reduced version coming up?
  • DanielDoeDanielDoe Posts: 307Member
    Why are you still using 0.10.0 - you can't even publish with it? The new version will use less RAM compared to 0.10.2 and 0.10.3 not 0.10.0... Maybe WAV and TGA support will reduce memory usage but it will also increase game size.
    edited May 2013
    I'm still using 0.10.0 because the more recent builds have always had something in them that I don't like.

And seeing I've been working on my game for quite some time, and haven't published anything in the interim, I've seen to real obligation to upgrade.

Since CodeWizard has arrived, things really seem to be picking up, and hopefully we'll start to see releases that have less bugs and annoyances in them, and over time, some really solid improvements to workflow, memory usage, and functionality.

My concern is just... when. for various reasons, I need to release my game in the next 4 weeks or so, and I'm quite worried about where Game Salad will be at at that time. I'm at the mercy of whatever the "best" version of Game Salad available. Figuring out which version has the least problems will be quite a large undertaking in itself, taking up valuable time I don't have.

I wish I wish I wish that I could just always get the latest version and rest easy that I have the very best version of Game Salad made to date. But in the past, that has definitely NOT been the case. Version 0.10.1, 0.10.2, 0.10.3 have all variously had niggles, problems, and downright horrible un-usable issues.

Things are looking up right now, and that gives me heart. But alas, I'm worried this turnaround in our furtunes has not come in time to suit the release of my game. And I'm coming up to the end of my resources and time-span to get this game out, unfortunately. It's a bit heartbreaking to think of possibly not being able to realise my game to it's potential, due to a mix of time constraints, and issues with Game Salad.

Fingers crossed that a swathe of tasty improvements and much needed memory savings are delivered down to us from upon high over the next month.

All the best to you all, and may the Game Salad gods smile upon us.
  • SirioGarciaSirioGarcia Posts: 52Member
    Great! •Ω•
    I've tried 0.10.3, and the levels are not loading properly.

Then it crashed. No thanks.

Can you make it so I can publish from 0.10.0, please? Fix the UDID problem?

- Murray

• neomanneoman Posts: 813Member
    @Hymloe have you tried your game with 0.10.1 ??? I had the same problem as you with 3 of my levels so am using 0.10.1 to publish it next week once complete. Codewizard said that the UDID issue was fixed in 0.10.1 but I have not tested it yet. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the thought @neoman.

I think 0.10.1 was working OK for me, except that I didn't want to use the new black bar system, which was stomping on my nice system I'd made for the game to run on different device resolutions. But yes, that could be a fall back.

Thanks for the idea.
    @hymloe I understand your frustrations but GS can only keep so much backwards compatibility. With the pace GS is turning out versions it's going to be more important than ever for people to not get stuck in a version and fix the logic issues in their game. This is really all part of doing tech work as Apple has made some radical changes to what is required for App Store submission and it's critical for people to keep a close eye on such things and adapt to it.
  • BluemoonstudiosBluemoonstudios Posts: 156Member
    edited May 2013
    hey everyone. Has any been having a problem with importing images and the images not showing up in the library? Then when i go to import them again it says do you want to replace the same image. So the image does get imported but just doesn't show up. This happens whether I import 1 image or 10 makes no difference. This seems to be happening a lot to me. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues. If someone has already brought this up and I missed it I apologise.
    cheers
    John
  • BoomshackBarryBoomshackBarry Posts: 712Member
    @Bluemoonstudios yeah this has been mentioned a few times now, last I heard it was on the to do list to take a look at.

Why not check out my development blog?

• lycettebroslycettebros Posts: 1,598Member, PRO

hey everyone. Has any been having a problem with importing images and the images not showing up in the library? Then when i go to import them again it says do you want to replace the same image. So the image does get imported but just doesn't show up. This happens whether I import 1 image or 10 makes no difference. This seems to be happening a lot to me. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues. If someone has already brought this up and I missed it I apologise.
    cheers
    John

Yep I am getting this. I have been finding 10.0.3 much more unstable than previous versions. It seems to use memory up very quickly but I have found no consistent behaviour when or why it crashes. It can crash on an attribute value change, an actor size change etc. I never had that problem before but if I now go back to an earlier version I get the same problems(!)... :/

It is all so inconsistent. I worked one day with crashes every 1/2 hour and then all day yesterday almost with no crashes.

This is not a formal whinge, just observations. I have learnt to live and work with the idiosyncratic nature of GS versions.
    @lycettebro I noticed the exact same things been sending my crash reports to support.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    Hey so has anyone noticed android builds are not recognizing the correct device screen sizes and instead using the values of what ever the base project was built on?

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• zzap64zzap64 Posts: 405Member
    I'm finding that my Android APK's don't install on my devices (Kindle Fire 1st gen & Kindle Fire HD), not even a basic test hello world project. Performing the exact same test on 10.2 they install & work fine.
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Posts: 1,339Member
    On the trying to change integer in side attribute issue. I too cannot get consistent behaviour. Trying to change it reverts when I leave or hit enter the field. I have been able to change it if I go to another scene (but not just any scene, even a blank one did not work) but it then gets stuck at whatever I put I there as well.

Member since November 2009 :D
    Twitter: @SingleSparq Web: www.singlesparq.com

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef
    sending in a bug report as well, but it seems like every time the start fullscreen option for Mac Apps is broken in 10.3.
  • DeepBayGamesDeepBayGames Posts: 93Member
    I've had the same issue with imported images not showing up in the library. If this happens, rather than re-importing, try saving your project then exit Game Salad. When you go back into GS, the images will be there. At least this has been my experience.
  • EyeGroupEyeGroup Posts: 6Member
    One question :) tables functionality for html5 works?
  • 4authon4authon Posts: 2Member
    I'm sorry i won't read a lot of posts here, primarily because it's a lot of them. Just wanted to say/mention that i have annoying crashes around nearly every corner, more often than not - when i change attribute parameters. And i wasn't even far into the project - basic ground and player actor.

Don't want to sound ungrateful - from what i've seen/read in tutorials it's amazing as it is, but i'm quite sad that it's crashing so persistently...
  • 4authon4authon Posts: 2Member
    4authon said:

I'm sorry i won't read a lot of posts here, primarily because it's a lot of them. Just wanted to say/mention that i have annoying crashes around nearly every corner, more often than not - when i change attribute parameters. And i wasn't even far into the project - basic ground and player actor.

Don't want to sound ungrateful - from what i've seen/read in tutorials it's amazing as it is, but i'm quite sad that it's crashing so persistently...

I found out what the problem was. Part of it at least. I had to change the way numbers are represented in the system. Most of you have a point separator, but some of you have a comma (like in Russia for example). And as i fall into a latter category i had to change it. I haven't searched for where to report bugs (which is a place for such a commentary), but i hope some helpful fella would pass this on so decided to talk a bit with myself.
15678911»