GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad Mac Creator 0.10.3 Beta

Comments

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef
    @codewizard I'm getting this message when trying to upload a new version of an app:

This bundle is invalid. The value for key CFBundleShortVersionString [1.0] in the Info.plist file must contain a higher version than that of the previously uploaded version [1.0].

In the publishing site I have the version set to 1.1, but it's returning 1.0. I'm testing now with a version of 1.2
  • squirrel42squirrel42 Posts: 171Member, PRO
    Still Invalid Binary...

Still Invalid Binary...

that can mean a bunch of different things, what's the full error message?

@codewizard I'm getting this message when trying to upload a new version of an app:

This bundle is invalid. The value for key CFBundleShortVersionString [1.0] in the Info.plist file must contain a higher version than that of the previously uploaded version [1.0].

In the publishing site I have the version set to 1.1, but it's returning 1.0. I'm testing now with a version of 1.2

ok, so when uploading with the application loader I get this message, but it does upload. Then a few minutes later it fails, and I get an email from Apple with the same UUID non-public API usage message.
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Posts: 1,143Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
    Thanks for the info. Still investigating what went wrong... :)
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef

Oh my. "Top men are on the job"

Other than the temporary UDID/Invalid Binary situation, this is a great release!

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaPosts: 838Member
    edited May 2013
    On it like a Bonnet! ;)

ok, so when uploading with the application loader I get this message, but it does upload. Then a few minutes later it fails, and I get an email from Apple with the same UUID non-public API usage message.
    I just built the app as a universal build vs an iPad only game, the CFBUNDLE error went away, so that might just be an issue of the website not updating the field properly. I didn't spend much time trying to reproduce that problem though. I got the same UUID error after a few minutes however.

• SparkyidrSparkyidr Posts: 2,033Member
    edited May 2013
    Just quickly adding a +1 for the UDID issue still being alive ;)

Hopefully you guys can get it sorted.
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Posts: 1,143Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
    Yeah, so, here's the latest:

Looks like the version of Mobclix we're using still references UDID. We're in the process of upgrading. More news soon!
  • SolarPepperStudiosSolarPepperStudios Posts: 754Member
    @CodeWizard What if we don't use Mobclix?
    The game binary still references Mobclix even if you don't use it. It'd be better if we could optionally include such things. Sadly, we're not that good yet. :)
    I know this may be an imposible question.. but any "rough" ETA.
    Like...today? or later in the week?

I wouldn't normally ask, but I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely need to push out an update to my latest game (I broke it for iphone5 users...doh!)
    I'd love to give you a hard ETA. The Mobclix removal is in testing now. I'd expect a minimum of 4 hours before we have an answer for you. Sorry. :(
  • TryAgainTryAgain Posts: 25Member
    Why don't you guys let us go back to 0.10.2?We are a lot who need to update their game asap!
  • ericzingelerericzingeler Posts: 334Member
    edited May 2013
    TryAgain said:

Why don't you guys let us go back to 0.10.2?We are a lot who need to update their game asap!

It hasn't even been 24 hours since the update. They're obviously working hard to correct the issues, so hang tight there bud. Let them work it out... you'll be up and running soon.
    edited May 2013
    @TryAgain
    Going back to 10.2 wouldn't solve this problem, sorry to say. Apple's new publishing rules are making games built with GameSalad fail validation. We need to remove all references to UDID in the code. That's taking a bit longer than we'd like. We're getting there though.

This problem is made worse by two things:

1. We don't have an easy way to scrub the engine code for these references, especially when dealing with third party libraries.

2. We don't have a nice way to test publishing an app to the Apple app store before releasing to you guys.

We're fixing #2 right away. But we don't want that to hold up our attempts to fix the UDID issue. So, we're asking for your help as we push out attempted fixes. There should be another binary release shortly.
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Posts: 1,603Member
    Keep up the good work! :)
    - Thomas

Ignore females. Acquire currency.

• 8bitninja8bitninja Posts: 367Member
    Thanks for the hustle guys. I know you all had a late night so, I just want y'all to know we really appreciate all the hard work.
  • TryAgainTryAgain Posts: 25Member
    Ok,good work then,hope you guys can fix it soon ;)
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,904Member
    We got your back @codewizard! You're doing awesome!
  • ericzingelerericzingeler Posts: 334Member
    edited May 2013
    Invalid binary UDID. App generation completed @ 2013-05-08 19:45:27 UTC
  • iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasPosts: 648Member
    So paranoid now, I submitted my app like May 3rd and I know it is going to come back as rejected. :((
    You may have been lucky @iamcartez. Might be under the wire!
    Okay, here's the latest:

We've solved our testing problem. We can now submit apps to Apple and watch them fail. That's the good news.

The bad news is that we're still not clear how Apple believes we're referencing UDID. We're now in the rapid change and test cycle. More news when we have it!
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,685Member
    Best of luck, sounds like your working hard.

Darren.
    Cheers for the hard slog guys. Much appreciated.
  • clee2005clee2005 http://Donkeysoft.caPosts: 194Member
    Just in case it's helpful at all... I published successfully on Monday morning. Monday evening I tried again and it failed with the UDID issue. I thought it was because I had added In-app purchase (still could be I guess). I took the binary from Monday morning, and tried to submit that again, and it too failed. So it looks like either the In-App purchase setting caused it, or the fact that Apple just happened to switch their UDID policy on in between submissions.

I could try again with In-app turned off if that interests anyone.
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Posts: 5,390Member
    Such an improvement around here these days!
    @clee2005
    If it's not too much trouble, please do! We're currently ripping stuff out of the code until we can isolate the cause. If that's it, I'll give you a digital cookie and thanks!