GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad Mac Creator 0.10.3 Beta

Comments

• SalamchaweySalamchawey Posts: 2Member
    I've tried to upload a Book App, no in-app purchases, nothing complex.
    just 3 pages menu and pics. Still getting the UDID issue. @clee2005

Also tried Universal binary setting, played around with the Landscape Left - Right attributes.

Nothing worked :-?
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Posts: 1,143Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
    Well, no cookies then! Thanks for the info, though.
  • MSEagle2MSEagle2 Posts: 98Member, PRO
    Not to be a back seat programmer, but have you checked the analytics package that you guys use?
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Posts: 1,143Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
    Of course. :) We've also removed all of those packages for testing. Still getting UDID errors. We have a few more things we can try and will do so in the morning. We may well need to open an Apple support ticket if we can't isolate it soon. We're getting the sinking feeling that it's a false positive...

More news once we have it!
  • neomanneoman Posts: 813Member
    Thank you for the updates @codewizard and for the great effort by the GS team. Keep up the good work ;-)

Cheers,

Joseph
  • alex_bluealex_blue Posts: 6Member, PRO
    Whenever I try to test my game on my iPhone via the iOS viewer it freezes the program and then I have to force quit. :( I'm really in a time crunch what's going on???
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Posts: 1,339Member
    edited May 2013
    @com.singlesparq.developer did you delete the old viewer before installing the new? (not overwriting it). For that matter where is the new viewer? Link at bottom is old iOS Viewer.

Edit - Okay It's NOW downloading the new viewer, But a minute ago I downloaded GameSalad-Viewer-0.10.2-beta.zip

Member since November 2009 :D
    Twitter: @SingleSparq Web: www.singlesparq.com

• SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Posts: 1,603Member
    A real life digital cookie?! 8-}
    Great work! Keep us updated :)
    - Thomas

Ignore females. Acquire currency.

• PBEmpirePBEmpire Posts: 676Member
    Why not contact apple and ask them about this? Surely they are that helpful..
    Still this is an ENORMOUS improvement on how gamesalad is keeping in touch with its users. I must say i am addicted to this thread.
  • iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasPosts: 648Member
    Made a few changes to my app to test and now I'm having strange errors as well... The function in the game is normal but the GameCenter doesn't work anymore and oddly the sound isn't working...

I figure I'll call it a night though and wait until tomorrow as well. Anyway, keep up the good work... :D
    Another update here about the UDID stuff. Looks like none of our attempted binary publishes worked today. So, we spent lots of hours trying to validate fixes that we thought would work but, in reality, never got out to you. We didn't think to question the publishing server's output.

Well, the upside is that this is an easy fix. Should have this stuff sorted "for real" in the morning.
  • ORBZORBZ Posts: 1,303Member, PRO
    @CodeWizard

Great update. Definitely a noticeable speed boost. Memory footprint is smaller too. I really like where you guys are going with this.

Fortunately my game no longer crashes with a null ptr exception. Unfortunately, I have seen it hang sometimes after a few minutes of play. Sound still plays when fired by timer events but the screen is frozen with no animation or tracking of user input.
  • jacoben.vosloo@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2Member, PRO
    Updated to 0.10.3 but now my game is unable to reset... Game Salad crashes when I try to use the reset behavior from a paused game scene. It sent out numerous crash reports over the last 24hrs. Funny enough it does not happen when trying to reset some of the template games.

Thank you for all the effort in addressing our issues!
  • HopscotchHopscotch Posts: 2,782Member, PRO
    @Jacoben[email protected] are you talking about a scene not reacting to a "reset scene" behavior?

I am having the same problem on only one scene, and a relatively simple one at that, out of 24 scenes that work fine.
    This since 0.10.3 (going straight from 0.10.1). I have been digging through it for a day now with no explanation. On top of that, only on that scene I have some actors that refuse to react to touch.

The "reset" just does nothing, code after the "reset" even gets executed. It just jumps over the "reset".

I am wondering if continous timers are holding the scene, preventing it from resetting.

@GSTeam, we are rooting for you, keep it up, you have our appreciation!
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,904Member
    edited May 2013
    Converting to either 10.2 or 10.3 from 10.1 can cause problems. I spent the last two weeks rebuilding my entire game from scratch that was made in 10.1 in 10.2. It works great in both 10.2 and 10.3 and it's a very large complex game. It seems some games survive the transition others don't. See the 10.2 thread for potential fixes.

@codewizard as an experienced control systems analyst who used to trouble shoot large control systems for a living I feel ya on the publishing server overlook. Don't you hate that feeling after doing mountains of investigating and going damn I could have had a V8..lol
  • WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAPosts: 621Member, PRO

Converting to either 10.2 or 10.3 from 10.1 can cause problems. I spent the last two weeks rebuilding my entire game from scratch that was made in 10.1 in 10.2. It works great in both 10.2 and 10.3 and it's a very large complex game. It seems some games survive the transition others don't

Mine did not survive the world of 10.2, but I am finding a lot of places I should of polished a little more... FUN TIMES!! 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}
    I must admit I wasn't thrilled about rebuilding my game but I was able to make it much better and resolve little issues that were bugging me and now I have a flawless build so in the end it took me like 7 days to rebuilt but now I'm glad I did.
  • EbreezeEbreeze Posts: 481Member, PRO
    yeah im getting the UDID error ugh..but it seems the engine is way faster
  • pinkio75pinkio75 Posts: 775Member, PRO
    edited May 2013
    Yes, i've the same error with this UDID...
    i tryed to use 10.1 to upload and sign my app but i've the same UDID error :((
    so at this time is "impossible" to submit my "iOS" Apps to Apple?
    thanks
    All versions of GS will get the UUID error as Apple just changed it's rules on using UUID's to indentify devices. As has been posted GS is working on the issue.
    edited May 2013
    ok @FryingBaconStudios
    thanks for your reply!
    Finger crossed!
  • EbreezeEbreeze Posts: 481Member, PRO
    Please hurry on the UDiD update! Thanks
    Just think about it as a chance to go through your games one more time for that "true and polished" look.... :-B
  • marc_greiffmarc_greiff Posts: 243Member, BASIC
    attempting to publish a game now, will report back....
  • marc_greiffmarc_greiff Posts: 243Member, BASIC
    UPDATE: Unfortunately still being rejected for invalid binary.

"Non-public API usage:

Apps are not permitted to access the UDID and must not use the uniqueIdentifier method of UIDevice. Please update your apps and servers to associate users with the Vendor or Advertising identifiers introduced in iOS 6.
    If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your app. If so, they must be removed..."

edited May 2013
    @marcgreiff yes the same for me... :(
  • BalzaGamesBalzaGames Posts: 23Member
    Same for a friend and he needs to upload the app asap for a big company. Is it so difficult?
    The UDID change was announced by Apple like in April and you still didn't fix it before May 1st? You make me cry...and I hope to leave GS very soon. :-h
  • DanielDoeDanielDoe Posts: 307Member
    pinkio75 said:

@marcgreiff yes the same for me... :(

Maybe we should wait for fix announcement instead of trying to upload broken binaries...?

Same for a friend and he needs to upload the app asap for a big company. Is it so difficult?
    The UDID change was announced by Apple like in April and you still didn't fix it before May 1st? You make me cry...and I hope to leave GS very soon. :-h

Bye-Bye... :-h :-h :-h :-h :-h
    edited May 2013
    @DanielDoe
    yes i'm waiting for a fix announcement, i hope soon
    @BalzaGames
    I think you're close to the end of your pro subscription.