Faulty game logic

sladaksladak Member Posts: 119
Hello

I was wondering if anyone can help. I have a very simple rule:

If game.score>39 Do winning stuff

Otherwise

Do losing stuff

In my game, there are occassions when both winning and losing stuff occur simultaneously. This seems to happen when i score exactly 40.

This should obviously not occur. I am running 0.10.2.

Any ideas???

Comments

• sladaksladak Member Posts: 119
    Hello

Doing a final test on my game before submission and i hjave noticed something very odd. I have two rules which decide if the player wins or loses

1: game.score>39 .........do the winning stuff

2: game.score<40 ..........do losing stuff

When i get 40 points, i get both winning and game over screens!!! There is no other logic in there so its down to these statements. Any ideas????

ok, repeated the same level and now it works fine.....
  • RUPASRUPAS Member Posts: 823
    could send me your project and help you, do not quite understand what his problem.
    rupas30@hotmail.com
    Hmmmmm.....very weird. I cannot reproduce it but its on an adhoc build so there is a flaw in there somewhere.

@RUPA The project literally has the rules above

I am running 0.10.2 which i know is slightly older. Was there any problems with logic in this version?

Was waiting to get this submitted before upgrading to avoid any issues
  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, BASIC Posts: 5,670
    edited June 2013
    Try a rule like this:

if game.score<=39, do your loosing stuff

otherwise

do your winning stuff

@Jamie_C yeah thanks. Was just thinking about trying that. It is very strange though and it appears the logic fails sometimes
    Even when i use "otherwise" i get faulty logic. Sometimes neither conditions action
    Care to post a screen grab of the logic you're using? Maybe something else is going on.
    Here are the pics. Too big to fit into one screen grab. First is rule, second is otherwise
    I remember seeing something in the forums about the game logic being faulty in a certain version, but cant seem to find it now. I wonder if thats the problem
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
  • RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,861
    Merged the two discussions.

@sladak -- the first screen-shot shows your logic to be:
    when gameScore > 39

There is faulty logic... but it is not because of GameSalad!

change it to:
    when gameScore < 39
    Hi

@RThurman

Ok the order is different to what i stated above but the problem is the same. The point is both sides of the condition are carried out which should be impossible.

When i get 40 I get both winning and losing screens appear, where, since game.score is greater than 39, i should only get the top half of the condition......or am i going nuts??

Update:

This always occurs in my adhoc build when my score is equal to the conditioning criteria. However, it does not occur in the gamesalad viewer when i get same score.

At least now i known when it occurs
    I get same error when i change the rule slightly from >19 to "greater or equal to 20"

Both conditions execute. This is driving me mad. Surely this has been noticed before?????
    I honestly think It's got to be 'faulty' scripting and not faulty logic on GS's part (no offense!) :). Maybe try to make a very simple test project with a simplified version of those rules, just testing the => part. My guess is there is something else somewhere in your script messing things up.
    Oksy - it seems i have got around it.

I have now created two rules:

Rule 1
    If >39 : Do winning stuff

No otherwise statement

Rule 2
    If <40: Do losing stuff

This works and i no longer get simultaneous win/game over overlays.

There is obviously still a problem with the way Gamesalads logic is transferred over to the build........
    @codewizard Could this please be investigated?