GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hiring for Endless Runner

I'm looking to create a new endless runner game for the iPhone.

Requirements -
- Must design code, graphics, music, etc.
- Game must be fun to play
- iPhone 5S supported
- If possible, universal
- In-App Purchases

Note - $500 is my budget. Please send all interested bids to [email protected]
Include:
- Cost of development (The lower, the more likely you will be awarded to the project)
- Age (I will still hire people under 18)
- Vision for endless runner
- Examples of previous work
Looking forward to working with you.

Revive Apps Getting Low Downloads - http://www.AppReviver.com

Comments

• -Timo--Timo- Posts: 2,313Member
    edited December 2013
    Team6Labs said:

Requirements -
    - Must design code, graphics, music, etc.

most of the time people only do one thing.
    doing code, graphics and music is a lot of work and most of the time people cant do all of the 3. you are also a coder arent you? why arent you doing the coding yourself and hire a musician and an art artist?

however I might be interested.

The costs will depend on what kind of game

I am 15 years old (and a half :D:D:D)

I made some free endless templates (and some other) and I am now working on a endless project (Sneaky Virus) and started another project with someone (art artist). if you want to see a video or something I can make one.

I made this game called Gumper: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id733348563
    but its not mine anymore as I sold it. on this game I did the coding and the art is from internet (some I made)
    I made some templates as I already said and I am working on 2 other projects where 1 of them is almost done and is fully made by me. (art + coding) I will make a video soon.

hope you are interested

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    You know for someone who professes themselves as some sort of professional developer, publisher, businessman etc.... You sure are awfully naive to think $500 is even close to a reasonable budget for a complete game.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,913Member
    I read that too. A game like that with all included would be in the $5000 range. Maybe he missed a zero.. ;)
  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,815Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef
    When people state a lump sum for a project, it's helpful if they also break down what they think each part will cost.

For example, $500 divided by three is $166.67. So you'd be paying the coder $166.67 for a full game, the sound artist $166.67 for a full soundtrack and all sound effects, and the graphic artist $166.67 for all background and character art. If you take a rough estimate of someone's professional fee -- say $30 per hour -- which is pretty low, you're looking at each person spending five and a half hours to complete their portion.

So here's where some experience coding comes in. I am building an app for a client with no moving parts. It's mainly two actors with fairly sophisticated code but without physics or collisions of any kind. In short, a simple build. It's an 8-12 hour job. Even at $30 per hour, I would be charging $240-$360 for coding alone. So getting to $500 for an endless runner with all graphics and sounds assets included is hard to figure.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• Team6LabsTeam6Labs Posts: 541Member
    Yes, I am a businessman. I have a tech startup that is currently raising capital at a 200k valuation for a pre-seed round. I understand the value of money.

A) I do appreciate the input.
    B) Music does not take 5 hours to make. I have produced professional tracks. A simple soundtrack made with Logic Pro X might take 30 min.
    C) Graphics do not need to be original.
    D) Games do not take that long to be produced. Especially if you are working from a template, or it is an easy game to make such as an endless runner.

Why am I not doing this myself?
    I'm not good at GameSalad. I'm good at marketing. I outsource what I'm bad at.

Revive Apps Getting Low Downloads - http://www.AppReviver.com

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Posts: 5,546Member
    You could take class listed below in my signature and make your own endless runner for a lot less. :)
  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,815Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef
    edited December 2013
    [Two comments removed]

Going to close this thread now. If you are interested in the original request, please contact @Team6Labs via private message.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

This discussion has been closed.