GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of GameSalad on 2-19-2014

CodeWizardCodeWizard Posts: 1,143Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
We released an update to the stable build this past week to address anti-virus issues on Android and app rejections happening on iOS. We're also head's down still fixing bugs for 0.11.0. Our current bug count is around 20. Take a look at this handy graph showing our current status:
Yeah, that means we've closed out 103 bugs so far. We keep finding a handful of issues as we go but it's getting better every day. The current open bug count is 20 but there are a couple of more that have been fixed since this graph was updated.

Beyond bug fixing on 0.11 we're focused on implementing the new cross-platform creator. There are some sweet details we'll be sharing about this over the next months. It's getting exciting!

Our async multiplayer provider "Playstogether" is running into some issues. We're currently working with them to resolve these problems. I'll have more information on this once I can sit down and talk with their tech leadership. I wish I could say more now. :)

More news next week!

Comments

• ChaserChaser Posts: 1,453Member
    Thanks for the hard work
  • kinzuakinzua Posts: 554Member

Our async multiplayer provider "Playstogether" is running into some issues. We're currently working with them to resolve these problems. I'll have more information on this once I can sit down and talk with their tech leadership. I wish I could say more now. :)

More news next week!

You don't really sound good on this one. Keeping fingers crossed.
  • EireStudiosEireStudios Posts: 451Member
    @CodeWizard can you give us any information on the new sprite system and custom fonts please?
  • Ij10281Ij10281 Posts: 35Member
    Im proud, of the progress just hope it will be done soon I've been waiting months...
  • 921creative921creative Posts: 140Member, PRO
    edited February 2014

@CodeWizard can you give us any information on the new sprite system and custom fonts please?

I'd assume these things would come with or after the new Creator is released, @CodeWizard?
  • kinzuakinzua Posts: 554Member

I'd assume these things would come with or after the new Creator is released, @CodeWizard?
    Absolutely. The features that'll be rolling out right now would be the ones currently under test in the nightlies. I believe the focus is on taking out the bugs and providing us with a stable release.
  • neomanneoman Posts: 813Member
    Fantastic stuff ... Fingers crossed 0.11 will be out soon ... Can't wait ... ;-)
  • sladaksladak Posts: 119Member
    @codewizard where are we with fixing the issues with Chartboost and Revmob?
  • codybeanscodybeans Posts: 74Member, PRO
    Super interested to see what changes come about for the whole android side of gs. Ads to android and whatnot. Keep up the great work
  • GameLabs222GameLabs222 Posts: 197Member
    GameCenter multiplayer integration.
  • ChakkuChakku Posts: 1,513Member
    Stuff I want to see in order of priority...

-Xcode Export

-Android Monetization

-Custom Frogs

Chakku :)

• sladaksladak Posts: 119Member
    Can we not have custom birds instead of frogs?
  • SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member
    @Chakku
    Chakku said:

-Xcode Export

-Android Monetization

-Custom Frogs

• Mr. MartensMr. Martens Posts: 43Member
    edited February 2014
    Nice pie chart, but isn't pac-man supposed to have an eye? No? I stand corrected.

As a side note, did you know that the original Japanese version was released as "Puck Man"?

Can you guess why the Americans changed it.

Hint: Think teenagers at the Mall Arcade.
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Posts: 1,143Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
    edited February 2014
    Imagine this to the tune of the Batman theme music... "Da na na na na na na na Puck Man!"
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Posts: 8,188Member
    Socks said:

@Chakku

Chakku said:

-Xcode Export

-Android Monetization

-Custom Frogs

I see no Chakku in your chart, which was specifically asked for!

QS

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: http://www.quantum-sheep.com

• LoadedLoaded Posts: 240Member
    Well played GS

Website » Twitter » Facebook » Loaded Arts - Fun for thumbs.

Developer Blog » 08/01/2015 - Week 72 – Apple, the great dictator…

• FINNBOGGFINNBOGG Posts: 1,810Member
    ok what started the "custom frogs" joke? custom loading icon?
  • AlvinFAlvinF Posts: 69Member
    clee2005 said:

This may not be popular, but I'm going to post it anyway. I know you guys are doing the best you can and all this takes time. I know there is lots to do, and limited resources. I also know there are lots of users of GS that are waiting patiently, and trying to create games that can generate revenue. Let's be realistic about the timeline. 20 bugs left, with more found all the time? We may be looking at another couple of months before a stable release happens (as a release that breaks stuff is risky business).

The lack of options for monetization in the Android market (ie. no ads since mobclick is finished, no in-app purchases), and no interstitial ads in iOS seems like a pretty big deal. I believe RevMob and Chartboost are very near completion right? Is that just not possible to release in .10.4.2? I realize that releases are time consuming, but unless the .11 release is like next week, an interim release with critical functionality seems like a good idea from here.

@CodeWizard?

We suggest them this solution a few month. But few month pass still not get a positive reply. GS is a good tools. I know them try their best. But best is not enough, they need try to become the best of the best ...
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,914Member

@codewizard should I be worried and scrap my current multiplayer project with Playstogether?

If you ask me, I smell the possibility of a merger :)]
  • PhoticsPhotics Posts: 4,172Member
    clee2005 said:

20 bugs left, with more found all the time? We may be looking at another couple of months before a stable release happens (as a release that breaks stuff is risky business).

It could be worse... http://drupalreleasedate.com/chart/samples
    So currently there's no way to place ads on android?
  • macthormanmacthorman Posts: 5Member, PRO

So currently there's no way to place ads on android?

Nope, the only possibility was Mobclix, but they shut down a couple of months ago:
    http://article.wn.com/view/2013/11/04/Mobclix_Ceases_All_Operations_Files_Voluntary_Chapter_7_Peti_p/

Unless you can sell your app on Android, there is no way to monetize it...
  • pinkio75pinkio75 Posts: 873Member, PRO
    Hi,
    unfortunately for the games on Google Play i've lost my hopes to monetize them;
    at least they could try to introduce the official advertising on Amazon...
  • WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAPosts: 621Member, PRO
    pinkio75 said:

Hi,
    unfortunately for the games on Google Play i've lost my hopes to monetize them;
    at least they could try to introduce the official advertising on Amazon...

I know, I just said all WBOKO GAMES ARE FREE!!!

No sense in trying to sell a game since most people just give them away and make cash from the ads... No love for us... L-)
  • pinkio75pinkio75 Posts: 873Member, PRO
    edited February 2014
    @Wboko
    Yes...
    advertising on Android has always been a weak point...
    Ah, thanks for the quick reply on the question. Hopefully that'll be addressed before I go pro