GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Armelline's In-App Purchase Tutorial Template

124»

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Posts: 4,718Member, PRO

@Sheba's Jewels - see my reply in your dedicated thread. :)

• evertevert Posts: 239Member, PRO
    edited May 16

hey @Armelline thanks for your great tutorial.

I implemented it, but don't fully understand it.
    So I was just wondering, I want only one buy option, no ads.

How does my game know that it is purchased and therefor to turn off the ads.
    For a banner ad for instance, how should I create this?

I made a button 'no ads' and put all the functionality from the tutorial in it.
    In the purchasetable i gave it only the ID apple gave me when i created a in app purchase in Apple/Itunes connect.

edit: also the restore is not in the same logic as the buy correct?
    Can it be the case that it is the same?
    So my no ads button is the same to restore later on

Thx in advance!

Older Game: FLUNKY

@evert said:

How does my game know that it is purchased and therefor to turn off the ads.
    For a banner ad for instance, how should I create this?

Once the Purchase Table has "purchased" set in column 5 of the appropriate row, you should record and save somewhere, in an attribute or another table, that the purchase have completed. If it's just to turn off ads and that's it, I'd use a game attribute, something like "game.Ads Removed" - then ever time you go to show an ad, you just put it in a rule that says "If game.Ads Removed is false then show ad."

I made a button 'no ads' and put all the functionality from the tutorial in it.
    In the purchasetable i gave it only the ID apple gave me when i created a in app purchase in Apple/Itunes connect.

It sounds like you're doing the right things. Are you saying it's not working? Is column 5 getting set to "purchased?" If nothing is changing, the first thing to check is that you've signed all the contracts in App Store Connect and entered your bank details and things. You can't even test until you've done that.

edit: also the restore is not in the same logic as the buy correct?
    Can it be the case that it is the same?
    So my no ads button is the same to restore later on

They're very similar in my template. The main differences are that the restore button uses the "Restore" behaviour rather than the "Purchase" behaviour, and a few small differences that let it properly track the status of the purchase, as Apple don't return quite the same info for Restores. It's explained in a lot of detail what's different and why in the template.

• famekraftsfamekrafts Posts: 731Member, BASIC

Well nothing to input right now, but will be required once I start finishing my game.

This thread is bookmarked for sure.

@Armelline What is the best time to incorporate inapp purchase? At the end of game designing or that it needs to be incorporated while designing the game?

I have not designed my previous game with inapp purchase, so need to understand how it works.

@famekrafts said:
    @Armelline What is the best time to incorporate inapp purchase? At the end of game designing or that it needs to be incorporated while designing the game?

If it's just a simple ad removal, there's no pressing need to do it before the game is mostly finished. If you want a shop with powerups or currency etc. that can be used in the game, you need to be planning it much further in advance.

Really depends how you're going to use it.

• famekraftsfamekrafts Posts: 731Member, BASIC

@Armelline said:

@famekrafts said:

If it's just a simple ad removal, there's no pressing need to do it before the game is mostly finished. If you want a shop with powerups or currency etc. that can be used in the game, you need to be planning it much further in advance.

Really depends how you're going to use it.

Thanks, I will keep this in mind.