GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing Graphene SDK...

Comments

• neomanneoman Posts: 813Member

Wow! Lots of options means flexibility ... I like ... :wink:

• scottharrrules43scottharrrules43 Tulsa, OklahomaPosts: 694Member, PRO

I see it is called ms pac man

• lycettebroslycettebros Posts: 1,598Member, PRO
    edited March 2015

Ooh I see the graphing paper background! There is a capable interface designer involved in this and I don't mean making it look pretty but practical and sensible design.

• LovejoyLovejoy Posts: 2,078Member

@BlackCloakGS said:
    That is windows but the Mac look almost the same.

Show us how "almost looks the same" actually looks :p

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• safransafran Posts: 32Member

I'm a supporter of OS equality. :p

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Posts: 2,250Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee

replace the windows menu with a Mac one and move the window close with a Mac close and move it to the right.

• NimbleBugNimbleBug Posts: 483Member

Please release as early as possible....we all are eagerly waiting for this...Awesome Game Engine

• vikingviking Posts: 322Member, PRO

Looks a bit more complicated than Creator me thinks...

@viking said:
    Looks a bit more complicated than Creator me thinks...

Yep I agree but a natural step up from GS - a clear evolutionary step based on what I can see. More features/power but still friendly enough to deduce.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Posts: 5,548Member

@viking, I agree as well. Makes even more sense then why they would keep Creator around even after Graphene is out.

• crestwoodgamescrestwoodgames Posts: 191Member

Looks nice and clean. I think I am more excited about the logic options more than anything. To me, this is very important. Time saving!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaPosts: 1,390Member

@BlackCloakGS said:
    That is windows but the Mac look almost the same.

Nah, nah, nah! Everything looks better on a Mac. ;)

Let's see what kind of flack this attracts... I might distract the restless for a bit so you can get on with the memory clean up fix in peace! >:)

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporePosts: 202Member, PRO

Looks real promising! Can't wait to see more pics ;)

Time for an update?

• LovejoyLovejoy Posts: 2,078Member

A real update - screen grabs etc.

• HymloeHymloe Posts: 1,651Member

Just waiting for the latest GS build, personally. You guys are obviously hardened wait-a-holics, though. Get in there!

• fadamionfadamion Posts: 309Member, PRO

We looking at 2 months? 2 years? Any hint would be great.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,913Member

@fadamion said:
    We looking at 2 months? 2 years? Any hint would be great.

This stuff is in progress and ever changing but is moving forward well. Just keep following the progress and keep making games with creator.

• klickinkklickink Posts: 35Member

@GameSalad Shut up and take my money!

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,913Member

@klickink said:
    GameSalad Shut up and take my money!

What????

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,686Member
    edited April 2015

@The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    There is an alpha team of regular GS developers testing and helping in the development. This group was chosen for their advanced knowledge of software and game making.

Guess that's why Wayne and i didn't get accepted then :)

• RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Posts: 656Member

Man I'm getting excited for this. Big question is do I put off my next big project for graphene... I had started looking at other options out there but the recent info given makes me more excited for graphene. Could be nice to have a ballpark on when we could expect it for people making this kind of decision, but understand there could be reasons I don't see on why they wouldn't want to say if it is coming this summer/fall/winter. Keep up the good work, hope to take our next project to graphene!

• FINNBOGGFINNBOGG Posts: 1,809Member
    edited April 2015

@DeepBlueApps said: Guess that's why Wayne and i didn't get accepted then

Comment worthy investigation and wonder.

• HymloeHymloe Posts: 1,651Member

@Lovejoy said:
    Perhaps it was because they want people who would actually test the product, and not start exploiting it early on for their own benefit. Seems like GS staff made a smart move.

OOooofff! :)

@RossmanBrothersGames said:
    Man I'm getting excited for this. Big question is do I put off my next big project for graphene... I had started looking at other options out there but the recent info given makes me more excited for graphene. Could be nice to have a ballpark on when we could expect it for people making this kind of decision, but understand there could be reasons I don't see on why they wouldn't want to say if it is coming this summer/fall/winter. Keep up the good work, hope to take our next project to graphene!

You'd be a fool to "wait for Graphene". The very concept is bordering on obscene. We have no idea how long it'll be. And even if they gave a date, it would mean nothing. You can see throughout Game Development history that estimated shipping dates are almost always wrong, sometimes off by years. Game Salad is most definitely no exception.