GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Invalid Provisioning Profile and certificate issue *SOLVED*

DNGAMEMAKERDNGAMEMAKER Posts: 37Member

Hi guys, my certificates are showing in my keychain access in the 'certificates' section but not in the 'my certificates section'.

Is this normal?

Also, I am getting an invalid provisioning profile message despite the fact that I have everything necessary to publish the app (this is my second update), any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• DNGAMEMAKERDNGAMEMAKER Posts: 37Member
    edited February 2015

Hi guys, my certificates are showing in my keychain access in the 'certificates' section but not in the 'my certificates section'.

Is this normal?

Also, I am getting an invalid provisioning profile message despite the fact that I have everything necessary to publish the app (this is my second update), any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Is this normal?

Thanks a lot!

edited February 2015
    edited February 2015
    This discussion has been merged.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,380Member, Sous Chef

ok, you've started 4 threads on this subject. please don't create duplicate threads.

Also use a descriptive thread title so people know what you are asking. A title of "help with a certificate issue" or something would be good.

Sorry, I don't know how to delete the others

Do you have any suggestions though, hehe :)

Hi guys, I figured out what the problem was if anyone is interested.

Problem Summary: I had all the certificates installed, but the distribution certificate was not showing in the 'My Certificates' section in my Key Chain Access (only the developer certificate was showing). The distribution certificate was only showing in the 'Certificates' section.
    I tried to re-download the certificates, but to no avail.

Solution: If you are in this situation, 'Revoke' the certificates and then make them again. Once you have done that your provisioning profiles may become invalid and you will have to resign them to the correct certificates again.

After doing this my distribution and developer certificates BOTH showed in the 'My Certificates' section.

It may also be useful to refresh Xcode from preferences-view details-refresh (bottom left corner)

Also remember to click on the 'Distribution' when generating with GameSalad.

Please also watch David Ballew (Thunder Child) videos for a thorough step by step guide on how to make your certificates or the whole process if you are doing it from the start.

Good Luck! :) :D

edited February 2015

:)

can someone tell me how to delete comments so I don't have to turn them into smiley faces lol

• LovejoyLovejoy Posts: 2,078Member

@DNGAMEMAKER said:
    can someone tell me how to delete comments so I don't have to turn them into smiley faces lol

For what? Just let it be.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una