GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This new log in sucks!

freshfishfreshfish Posts: 49Member, PRO

Sorry for the title but I am furious! As a pro subscriber for 3 years now I am now facing problems:
1) The sessions expire...so you walk away from your computer and you have to log back in...and it doesnt remember your u/p
2) For people on spotty internet connections - work will be interrupted.
So if you have no wifi access in a particular area (say airplane, train, etc) you cannot work. Big problem for people who rely on GS...or for people living in third world countries where internet cuts out...you lose work time.

Is this a permanent "thing" and or is there a workaround? I paid for the full year and would think that I can use it any time. BUT I CANNOT.

Sorry again for the rant. Is anyone else experiencing problems?

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,913Member

You can work in it for a few days without signing in. i think it is five days from the last time you signed in. Do you have the latest update?

• SocksSocks London, UK.Posts: 12,822Member

I have to log in every time, even with the latest release (13.32) - I have automatically sign in at launch checked . . . but I think that just automates the process, so it still needs a network connection to work - I am currently connecting through my phone and the signal can be patchy at times, so quite often I am not able to log in immediately, I try again a few minutes later and usually it eventually works, I've not been shut out of GameSalad for long, maybe half a hour at the very most, but it happens every time I launch GameSalad.

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Posts: 956Member

@Socks said:
    I have to log in every time, even with the latest release (13.32)

Yea the login is finicky. At times I will have the same issue as you, and others it will work correctly. Who knows.

• LovejoyLovejoy Posts: 2,078Member

I haven't manually logged into Gamesalad creator in probably a year.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Posts: 956Member

@Lovejoy said:
    I haven't manually logged into Gamesalad creator in probably a year.

What's your secret?

• LovejoyLovejoy Posts: 2,078Member

@RabidParrot said:
    What's your secret?

Hax!

It may be because I'm always on wifi, regardless of where i am. While flying i get that gogo wifi thing.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Posts: 2,343Member

Yea I have been having this issue. I can be using it offline without needing to login...then right in the middle of the session I plug my phone into Mac...it detects Internet and then requires me to login to GS...and yes I have remember me clicked "useless" and have to put in user and password each time. Also having expired sessions also. It's a real pain

I feels ya bro ! "they" don't seem to understand that "we" don't understand why they need this. It was working just fine before the new 15 day trial thing and it's affecting pro users.

• BigDaveBigDave Posts: 2,239Member
    edited July 2015

"As a pro subscriber for 3 years now I am now facing problems:"

Your username and post amount indicates other, I think that phrase is dropped to give your complaint a bit more heaviness.

ofc you could have just made an account here to write this, because its a such a major problem.

But most unlikely considering the amount of issues that came up working with game salad in the last 3 years.

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Posts: 1,274Member

@BigDave said:
    "As a pro subscriber for 3 years now I am now facing problems:"

Your username and post amount indicates other, I think that phrase is dropped to give your complaint a bit more heaviness.

ofc you could have just made an account here to write this, because its a such a major problem.

But most unlikely considering the amount of issues that came up working with game salad in the last 3 years.

What? He has been here five years.

• freshfishfreshfish Posts: 49Member, PRO
    edited July 2015

Yes i have been here for years...first year and a half I was on the free version and then upgraded to the pro version and have been pro for 3 years (more I think).

@BigDave - yes I added that for emphasis... as a paying customer for 3 years I wanted impress the fact that I had paid and used prior versions...and amount of posts is not an indicator of how long I have been a member as I have mastered the art of google and dont find the need to comment on everything or ask questions for every problem I run into.

As for the main issue...I travel alot and am often on spotty wifi or weak internet connections and I think many people in the 3rd world or people who travel internationally may find this a problem. I was recently in France (obviously not a 3rd world country) and the hotel wanted 19 euros for a days internet...no way I was paying that. Went to free wifi in lobby and got connected...went back to room and was asked to log in again and could not.

Not sure why you would have to keep proving to GS that you are a pro member if you have paid the year in advance...I liked the old way better and hope that can be resolved.

• stevejstevej Posts: 435Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee

@freshfish said:
    Sorry for the title but I am furious! As a pro subscriber for 3 years now I am now facing problems:
    1) The sessions expire...so you walk away from your computer and you have to log back in...and it doesnt remember your u/p
    2) For people on spotty internet connections - work will be interrupted.
    So if you have no wifi access in a particular area (say airplane, train, etc) you cannot work. Big problem for people who rely on GS...or for people living in third world countries where internet cuts out...you lose work time.

Is this a permanent "thing" and or is there a workaround? I paid for the full year and would think that I can use it any time. BUT I CANNOT.

Sorry again for the rant. Is anyone else experiencing problems?

Are you running the Mac or Windows version of GameSalad?

• freshfishfreshfish Posts: 49Member, PRO

Thanks for chiming in steve...I'm running the Mac version

• pHghostpHghost London, UKPosts: 2,301Member

@stevej said:

1) Sometimes happens to me as well, on Mac also. Creator logs you out for some weird reason. This only seems to happen when Creator is running, and you walk away from the computer. When you come back, and want to continue work, the Login window pops up and all your (previously remembered) login data is gone.

For what it is worth, can the login check be done in the background, while you are already working? I noticed that when connected to the internet, it takes GS about 20-30 seconds to fully validate the account and everything, while you need to wait, pretty much (as some buttons are disabled). On the contrary, when you start GS with Wi-Fi turned off, it lets you work instantly, since it validates you locally-saved profile within milliseconds. This is slightly annoying. Could the system be adjusted to always automatically validate you locally (if you had logged in recently), and only once you're up and running, attempt to log you in online (in the background)?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,380Member, Sous Chef

@stevej said:

I'm using a mac and I've noticed I've had to login a few times a day. I've been paying attention over the past few days and there seems to be a pattern. If I open Gamesalad at home on my wifi and login, I'm good. If I then close the lid and open on the train, the moment I connect using my phone, it asks to reauthenticate, without remembering my password. When I get to work I'm on another internet connection, and again, I have to authenticate. On the train after work, connect via my phone and have to authenticate. When I get home and connect via WiFi, I have to authenticate again.

I can't tell if it's the switching network connections, or the actual type of connection. I go from WiFi/PhoneHotspot/Ethernet/PhoneHotSpot/Wifi, every change seems to require a reauthentication.

• Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Posts: 2,343Member

It has gotten to where I can predict when to expect a login request...if GameSalad is closed and I open a project I don't get the session timeout error....now if I close my lid as Jon does also...and open it again and then open a project that's when session error occurs most for me...this is also when I can expect a crash as soon as any code additions, changes or image importing takes place.