The publishing flow got a botox injection!

2

Comments

  • Thunder_ChildThunder_Child Member Posts: 2,343

    @adent42 said:
    FYI. I just fixed publishing notifications. So you shouldn't have to reload your page anymore.

    Man now I'll have to update my tutorial !

    :smiley:

  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,820

    Okay... I have now added the ability to upload games to publishing from the web

    Some users have bad connections. Some users have problems with firewalls and the GameSalad software. Now these users have another option for publishing.

  • stragstrag Member, PRO Posts: 590

    @adent42 said:
    Yah... most of the guys here don't know that the "Remove" function is an admin tool (since I snuck it in one day). I'm working on another update of the backend of publishing and once I fix it, I'll also push the updated to enable the "Remove" function.

    Great! Thanks :)

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,035

    @adent42 is on a roll!

  • iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 10,386

    @adent42 said:
    Okay... I have now added the ability to upload games to publishing from the web

    Some users have bad connections. Some users have problems with firewalls and the GameSalad software. Now these users have another option for publishing.

    that's awesome

  • Triangularity GamesTriangularity Games Founder/Owner MarylandMember Posts: 140

    Does anyone know why my app is just stuck generating...or is this just temporary?

  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,820

    @stephenriska123 PM me your app's portfolio link and I'll see what's up. Usually it's a corrupt image in the project and what I'm working on right now is fixing the notification system to tell you what images need to be updated.

  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,914

    Nice to see these little nagging issues fixed.

  • GameAlchemistGameAlchemist Member Posts: 106

    GameSalad is getting better everyday. Glad I joined recently!

  • LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

    @Shahrukh_1810 said:
    GameSalad is getting better everyday. Glad I joined recently!

    Welcome!

    Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,820

    FYI, I snuck in an update late last week for how we handle corrupt image errors. Instead of just asking you to ask us what's up, it will now tell you what images are corrupt. This processing applies to iOS and Android apps (since that is where we do image processing). I just need to add something similar for the Icon and Loading images. I also need to enable the the "Remove App" functionality, so those are next.

  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 10,386

    @adent42 said:
    FYI, I snuck in an update late last week for how we handle corrupt image errors. Instead of just asking you to ask us what's up, it will now tell you what images are corrupt. This processing applies to iOS and Android apps (since that is where we do image processing). I just need to add something similar for the Icon and Loading images. I also need to enable the the "Remove App" functionality, so those are next.

    awesome! that struck me so many times over the years!

  • GnarlyGnarly canadaMember Posts: 840

    I like that there is a pop up now after generating an app and ready to sign. It was a small thing but annoying.
    Thanks

  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

    @adent42 You have made so many changes to the Publisher lately that next time I publish I'm afraid I'll be lost. :D I can't wait to though.

    You know the first time I published, over 3years ago, I waited overnight to be notified that it was complete! :grimace: I gave up and rebooted. Then the next day I found one of @Braydon_SFX 's videos that said to reload the page! :o

  • LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

    @adent42 Can you look into not being able to fully close Gamesalad after publishing? I still have to right click and close :'(

    Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,035

    @PhilipCC said:

    know the first time I published, over 3years ago, I waited overnight to be notified that it was complete! :grimace: I gave up and rebooted. Then the next day I found one of Braydon_SFX 's videos that said to reload the page! :o

    :#

  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 4,934

    @adent42 - A suggestion: When I'm testing games, I'll often upload them to the Arcade to see how they'll work, or to show them to someone else. When doing this, I'll set it to "Work in progress" or "Unlisted". Even when set to these modes, though, I'm required to upload three screenshots. It would be great if the screen shots (and icon) were only a requirement for games being published to "Public Game" - after all, that's the only time the screenshots matter.

    While I'm on the matter of the screenshots - the required sizes seem to make no sense. A large number of Arcade games are just games initially developed for devices. The screenshot size requirements don't really seem to correspond to any of the device sizes. I'm not sure if I've ever actually published a single game to Arcade that's actually had screenshots of the required sizes.

  • dgackeydgackey Austin, TXKey Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 699

    @Armelline said:
    adent42 - A suggestion: When I'm testing games, I'll often upload them to the Arcade to see how they'll work, or to show them to someone else. When doing this, I'll set it to "Work in progress" or "Unlisted". Even when set to these modes, though, I'm required to upload three screenshots. It would be great if the screen shots (and icon) were only a requirement for games being published to "Public Game" - after all, that's the only time the screenshots matter.

    While I'm on the matter of the screenshots - the required sizes seem to make no sense. A large number of Arcade games are just games initially developed for devices. The screenshot size requirements don't really seem to correspond to any of the device sizes. I'm not sure if I've ever actually published a single game to Arcade that's actually had screenshots of the required sizes.

    Agreed. These have been on my personal pet list for @adent42 when he gets to the next pass of publishing fixes ;)

    Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

  • LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

    @dgackey Who is responsible for this? Pretty sweet addition!

    Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,035

    @Lovejoy said:
    dgackey Who is responsible for this? Pretty sweet addition!

    Hey! I see me! I like!

  • dgackeydgackey Austin, TXKey Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 699

    @Lovejoy said:
    dgackey Who is responsible for this? Pretty sweet addition!

    Guilty as charged...

    Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

  • ThoPelThoPel GermanyMember, PRO Posts: 184

    @Lovejoy said:

    We need new badges :D , e.g.

    • "Last man standing"-badge = Alone online
    • "Marathon Man"-badge = 42 days online (or 26 - depending on the unit)
    • "Flash Mob"-badge = More than 100 people online and you're at it
  • LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078

    @ForumNinja needs to work on his stealth skills. This new system gives away his presence!

    Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

  • dgackeydgackey Austin, TXKey Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 699

    We employ Life Model Decoy technology here at S.A.L.A.D. headquarters, so you may never know if it's actually him or not!

    Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,820

    @adent42 i can't say what's up since it's an interaction between the website and the tool. But I'm sure @BlackCloakGS can get someone on it! I was going to ask you to put in a bug, but it looks like it's already been done! http://bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1310

  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,820

    If all goes well there will be more publishing goodness by the end of this week. Something I was hoping to get done at the end of last year (which tells you how hectic things can get around here).

  • NimbleBugNimbleBug Member Posts: 483

    @adent42 said:
    If all goes well there will be more publishing goodness by the end of this week. Something I was hoping to get done at the end of last year (which tells you how hectic things can get around here).

    Awesome

  • adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,820
    edited August 2015

    More updates!

    • In a nod to @jonmulcahy, I've added HTML5 notification center notices!
    • Icons for platforms have been updated.
    • Clicking on a left nav tab changes the URL and when you reload that URL it will take you back to the correct tab.
    • When you make a new app, you'll be dropped on the correct tab.
    • Notifications are a bit smarter. You won't get a prompt/notice to sign an app if it's not sign-able.
    • The "Generating" button will update back to "Generate App" once it's done.
    • App "Remove" button enabled for all.
Sign In or Register to comment.