State of GameSalad 8-25-2016
Here's a little post to give you guys some insight as to what's coming / being worked on.
Next update (1.25.x)
The next release is getting very close to ready, and here's a short list of some of the included features:
- Memory leaks inside GameSalad improved
- GameSalad remembers what you were doing when navigating between screens to save development time
- Undo added back in
- Gesture zoom added (this means you can zoom in/out while in the scene editor by using the shortcuts on your trackpad i.e pinching).
- A couple extra zoom options during Preview were added. 90% and 75%.
- You can change the Preview zoom with hotkeys, command + 1 for 100%, command + 2 for 90%, etc
- Pressing escape now deselects actors
The two bolded additions above are what have been holding up this build, as they effect tons of areas inside GameSalad.
Teacher Dashboard & Curriculum
More on the education side of things, we have been working on implementing a teacher dashboard that will make assignment submission a snap.
Work has been going on creating a new GameSalad curriculum. Currently 4 Units (out of the planned 8). There's loads of resources, from student and teacher written guides, to videos demonstrating how to build each unit's game (broken into parts). It's pretty awesome.
Potential Quick Fixes
Back to the developer side of things. One of the devs is going to try and add some quick fixes for you guys in their free time (ha, free time). I'm putting together a list of issues with potentially quick fixes for them to look at that I've seen reported, so if you have requests write them below. (I already have the loading wheel one).
If you want to check out the build that's currently in testing, just shoot me a PM and I can send one your way.