GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad 0.9.91 is here! Introducing Kiip, Playhaven and Custom Splash Screens for All!

Comments

• morphinegamingmachinemorphinegamingmachine Posts: 449Member, PRO
    and editing tables, that would add lots of power
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Posts: 4,630Member
    @quuantumsheep
    Ive updated...
    Ill go back if I don't like it...
    Ive come up with a conclusion
    If the play haven splash has a tap to continue... Im going back to the older one... If the play haven just displays for maybe 1sec and hen goes away maybe ill be ok...
    @braydon_SFX
    What you said is completely true....
    Lets try to keep things civil here guys, we're all on the same team.
    Well GS, SF, @SSS My view on things are quite simple... I think and Im sure many users agree 500 is a bit steep, Perhaps select features? Feature packages? Or pay per publish... After all GS is still in BETA... So maybe a revise & rethink on pricing, Please May YOu guys ( @saladstraightshooter & @laurensalad ) Star a new "Pricing suggestions" Thread like they're was in the old forums... I know GS may not see what other users see, and I know GS needs money to keep running but perhaps through starting up a thread we can all come to a conclusion,
    Cheers,
    J.Leonard
    edited February 2012
    By the way... How do you custom splash... Do you just create a new scene and add your splash....... Or is they're an actual place for it....
    Heres my splash so far! :) : http://localhost:56026/gbounceupdate2/index.html
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    edited February 2012
    @LeonardDeveloper and @all - This isn't the best place to discuss Pro pricing concerns. Please stay on topic with the release.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• TouchTiltGamesTouchTiltGames Posts: 1,162Member
    @Leonard I agree on the pricing issue. It needs to be addressed.

I would imagine the Custom Splash is handled via the publishing steps.
    @saladstraightshooter
    Yeah, Sorry about that! :) Was in a train of thought? Can you guys start up a new thread about pro pricing or Can I?
  • ultimaultima Posts: 1,207Member, PRO
    what happened to android home button sound fix? it was said to be included in this version rite? mentioned last week.
    @ultima
    I gues thats under "Fixes" :P
    so is it fixed? just checking before i upload another apk..
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @ultima - Confirming now. I believe it is, in which case I'll add it to the release notes.

@LeonardDeveloper - honestly there are likely a thousand similar threads floating around - but you're more than welcome to open one if you have something new to add. It's on our radar. ;)

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

muchas gracias
    @saladstraightshooter
    It's on our radar.
    Thats why I love you guys! :), Were always updated with the perfect things.. :) If it is cheaper or its select a feature you've got my money! :)
  • JadarStudiosJadarStudios Posts: 264Member
    @LeonardDeveloper It is a "No Thanks" button that is smaller than the "Get Now" button. What I don't see is why someone would want their game associated with another person's game. What if my game is bad looking, (Hopefully not, XD), then the other person's game is associated with my bad looking game.
    @ultima - QA confirmed the fix - updated the release notes appropriately!

• imGuaimGua Posts: 1,089Member
    @jadarstudios
    Ah.. That piece of informations is useful
    Its nit so bad then...
    @saladstraightshooter
    Is there ever going to be anyway for free users to make money off of free apps, Perhaps we could buy something called a "monetization" account yearly which would include, kiip, iAD's & earning money from play haven
    edited February 2012
    @saladstraightshooter
    May I ask is it other GS users games? or just other peoples apps?
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Posts: 2,807Member, Sous Chef
    You can check it here: http://www.playhaven.com/ there are few images on the main page.
  • RUPASRUPAS Posts: 823Member
    I live in Spain. I need US TAXPLAYER?????????
  • JadarStudiosJadarStudios Posts: 264Member
    edited February 2012
    This is what it looks like from a GS game.

• megamoomegamoo Posts: 11PRO
    @JadarStudios - thanks for the screengrab..

As I posted on the blog earlier.. Whilst im sure many will welcome the addition of new monetization features and bug fixes, I do fail to see how this build has " lots of benefits for both Basic and Professional users". The addition of an "inter-title referral screen" or more commonly referred to as "annoying advert with a very small "no thanks" button" is not going to benefit any basic members. I can completely understand why this has been implemented as im sure it may push some to upgrade to avoid it.

At least with the GameSalad splash screen it was just that, a splash screen with no interaction required. Now with this addition I would say it is near impossible to conceive how a basic member could sell their game without attracting negative app store reviews.

Membership is for another discussion, but surely a stopgap between full $500 and $0, is required now?
  • imGuaimGua Posts: 1,089Member
    edited February 2012
    @ JadarStudios, thx. I already can see a lot of future negative comments on appstore. :sadface: Also really want to see more options like, pay for publish, or something.
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Posts: 2,456Member
    okay … think I got it!

so now a user buys/downloads our game … sees our logo … and then a big splash for another game to buy
    and then has to click a button to go to our titleScreen???
    that is gonna suck when the game is for pre-schoolers!

never minded paying GS a yearly fee $99 for publishing games … and, I actually like the GS splashScreen!

but, now, I have to pay $500 … just to not advertise other games?
    As I want my customers to enjoy and be immersed in an experience … without ads and other distractions … and I don't care to release android apps … nor interrupting that experience with visits to websites/gameCenter … getting rid of an ad is just about all my $500 would pay for!

excuse me … was this an update? you know about improving GS? … or was this adding stuff to GS so PlayHaven can make money?
    IMO the icon fix could have been handled nicely weeks ago with a patch!

oh, do believe Apple taint gonna like this!

@};- MH
    @megamoo - it's important to note that this model isn't a new one. Countless titles - including popular titles like Fruit Ninja - utilize ads in this manner, either free or with IAP. It's not a deterrent to selling your work on the App store and unlikely to yield a negative review based solely on an ad at the start of the game. (though we obviously cannot control review trolls) Your work will speak for itself.

In regards to, "lots of benefits for both Basic and Professional users" - the introduction of a customizable splash screen, formerly a Pro-only benefit, allows free users to truly brand their game any way they wish. While the monetization features do benefit Pro only, the benefits of having your own branded content can't be understated.

• codematescodemates Posts: 112Member
    @SaladStraightShooter Can you disable the Playhaven and Kiip from within the game? For example I setup an iAP to disable both of this feature, is that possible? Thanks
  • gregr209gregr209 Posts: 441Member
    edited February 2012
    Oh no! This is bad. Really really bad. I am pretty upset so I am going to have to control myself and will say as little as possible on this subject of Playhaven forced on basic users. For a little background I had a Valentine app that I was able to release using my Pro membership to Nook, Kindle Fire, and the iPhone/iPad stores (the Nook app was a featured app this week). Due to the missing icon issue when trying to submit my Valentine app to the Mac App Store I couldn't. During that time my Pro membership lapsed and now that the Icon issue is fixed I can't publish to the Mac App store without Playhaven? I had NO problem with the GameSalad splash screen but this new Playhaven screen is going to far. First off it plays before my app plays which means my player could be moved to another app before they even try mine. Second off now I HAVE to pay 500 bucks just to get rid of this? Come on GameSalad. You guys are better then this. I already lost out on my Valentine app sales on the Mac store but this is just to much. I don't want to go else where. I love GameSalad but this is just a bit much. Okay...I have to stop now. Just not happy.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,377Member, Sous Chef
    I love people complaining about a free service.

Your welcome to try any of the other free sdks out there... Oh wait.
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Posts: 361Member, PRO
    edited February 2012
    @SaladStraightShooter Ok so what's the status on the audio & lagging issues on the Kindle Fire?.....next update?

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• morphinegamingmachinemorphinegamingmachine Posts: 449Member, PRO
    +over 9000 to @johnmulcahy
This discussion has been closed.