GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pro Membership Price Change Notification

SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
edited March 2012 in News from the Dev Team

Hello Everyone!

There has been a great deal of conversation throughout the community in regards to the cost associated with Pro licensing. Pro is, and remains, a professional standard of powerful tools that we encourage any of our developers to investigate to see if it meets their needs, and we're constantly looking for ways to make sure you get the value you deserve when you invest in it. After careful analysis of the market, as well as taking into account our competitors price structures and the needs of our community, GameSalad Pro is now more affordable than ever. The price has now dropped from the previous $499.00 USD to the new low price of $299.00 USD!

Taking into account that many of GameSalad’s Pro Members have previously invested at the original price point of $499, we are extending current Pro memberships that joined at that price point by 8 months

We thank you for your investment in GameSalad, and hope this new price will open the doors to more developers who need the added power a Pro license can give you, and we intend to keep adding to that value as GameSalad continues to grow.

Thank you, and happy developing!

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comments

• deadlightsdeadlights Posts: 235Member, PRO
    Pure awesome.
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface Posts: 491PRO
    @SSS, that is truly awesome! Will we get any notification of our pro extension?
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Posts: 1,447Member
    I think I love you :-bd

• JCFordJCFord Posts: 785Member
    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G thats now around £190 UK Sterling for the Pro
    Thanks team GS, keep up the good work.
  • birdboybirdboy Posts: 284Member
    edited March 2012
    Okay, i was absolutely mad and didn't read anything. Please, nevermind my post. I'm sorry. D:
  • DreamLabDreamLab Posts: 2,127Member
    No way, so if our pro membership is expiring this month, we get 8 more months now? Awesome!
  • butterbeanbutterbean Posts: 4,315Member, PRO
    Wow, this is a bargain guys!!
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Posts: 650Inactive
    @Hoodloc, Our apologies. As previously stated, we will be offering everyone who purchased Pro at the price point of $499 an eight month extension to their accounts. We hope that makes up for any inconvenience this price change may cause you.
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Posts: 8,188Member
    @Hoodloc, Our apologies. As previously stated, we will be offering everyone who purchased Pro at the price point of $499 an eight month extension to their accounts. We hope that makes up for any inconvenience this price change may cause you.
    I think that's a very fair system. Kudos to you all! :)

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: http://www.quantum-sheep.com

• birdboybirdboy Posts: 284Member
    @LaurenSalad
    Please forgive my shortsightedness. I got so angry, i didn't even read on. It's not the best solution i could imagine but it's a truly fair system. Thank you, gamesalad team. ( :
  • 3xL3xL Posts: 676Member
    Gorgeous!! This and achievements? Love u guys
  • App SurgeApp Surge Posts: 651Member
    Awesome! I take that this is a permanent change...?
  • UnicornifyUnicornify Posts: 118Member
    YES!!!!
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,116Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    Amazing! <3
  • RondoRocketRondoRocket Posts: 411Member
    Very nice! I just renewed a couple of months ago, but since you guys are adding on 8 months, plus you gave us a couple of months when that buggy release came out - not to mention the price break Pro's got when you originally bumped the price up - I'd say you've been pretty fair to Pro Members.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @redsky - Correct, this is a permanent price adjustment. :)

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• LordTarantorLordTarantor Posts: 890Member, PRO
    Wow this love community week is awesome... Lets make it a love community year :)>-
  • App SurgeApp Surge Posts: 651Member
    Awesome!
  • mmzbrmmzbr Posts: 308Member
    I got the PRO version for U$499 like 4-5 months ago, good to know about that 8 months bonus.

Thats why I love the GS Team, always demonstrate respectful with everyone. Respect with people who want to become PRO and now have the opportunity with this great price drop and respect with past PRO customers (like me) who already purchased.

Congrats to GS Team from Brazil and keep that awesome work up! You guys are the Best Creation Tool for sure!
  • CulturePlayCulturePlay Posts: 113Member, PRO
    Is there a different subscription cost for Educators? K-12 & university.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    @marlbert No there is no educational price. $299 is already insanly low for what is being offered. Besides Pro is mainly monetization stuff. Why to elementary kids need monetization options? ;) they should be focused on quality and you can easily do that with the free version.

I've personally got mixed feeling about this decrease, but over all I think they've at least done right by everyone. 8 month extensions basically bumped the price they paid last year to nearly half. That very generous of GameSalad. Lets just hope the flood gates of worthless Kiip/Playhaven/iad filled apps do not break open. ;)

Cheers GS thats some serious community Love right there.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• entersimonentersimon Posts: 269Member
    This seems like an attractive and fairly easy to achieve price point. I hope it makes a big difference for GS. More Pro users will only be a good thing for the community.

Quick question: Is there any way other than finding the initial welcome email and doing some math to see how much time we have left on our subscriptions? I remember many months back Pro users had their subs extended by 2 months (i think 2) for a few now off topic reasons. I just want to see a hard figure on how much time I've got left with the subscription with the 8 month extension taken into account so I can keep up to date with my expenses.

Check out my daily app development blog at TheIndieDev.com

@entersimon I believe you will need to contact GameSalad support for the exact date. Another possible option is checking Pay-pal if you have not already killed your subscription. or you can see when you paid for GS. and yes the extension was 2 months.

• entersimonentersimon Posts: 269Member
    @tenrdrmer Thanks for the confirmation on the month count for that extension. I'll probably just get a hold of GS in a few days to confirm my math. I think I'm set until January, which is nice.

P.S. It would be awesome to see the expiration date when you log in with creator. :)

Check out my daily app development blog at TheIndieDev.com

• EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Posts: 1,246Member
    Wow, great news and great consideration for current Pro members.

Timing is perfect... my Pro was getting close to expiration, but now with the new price, renewing is a no-brainer.

Follow Eating My Hat on Facebook and the Blog
    Check out my templates in the GS Marketplace or at the store
  • CulturePlayCulturePlay Posts: 113Member, PRO
    @tenrdrmer I could think of many reasons why schools may need to use the monetary features to raise funds for various activities. So is the only non-monetary feature the game center for posting achievements?

I'm an educator looking for a reason to purchase the pro version but what you are arguing @tenrdrmer is that we educators don't really need to go Pro.

I'm not convinced..yet:-)
  • Yovanny369Yovanny369 Posts: 105Member
    8+=Dice Pluss_ That's Aweson!!!!!
    edited March 2012
    @marlbert

I never said educators don't need pro. I said I don't see the need of students focusing on money. I can promise you when your focus is making money before you have a really solid grasp of the tool then the quality of the game will suffer. most time greatly suffer.

And yes the only thing non monetization is GameCenter. Though I would personally argue it has a monetization factor as well since it advertises to your users GameCenter Friends they are playing your game.

$299 is cheap if you want your students to have access to the monetization you might as well go for it. you should understand though the turn around to being paid from the one you raise is very long. If your class got a game out tomorrow School would be out for the summer before most of your first payouts are received.

Theres no reason you should not have pro and understand its use especially to give them access to GameCenter. I would highly recommend against pushing any monetization period though. a million people downloading their game is going to fuel their drive to make great games much more than the few hundred bucks a month they might make on a paid download app IMO.

Non the less we are getting way off topic from this threads great announcement. PM if you want to keep this debate up ;)

Cheers

• kolabokolabo Posts: 240Member
    Why to elementary kids need monetization options? ;) they should be focused on quality and you can easily do that with the free version.

To AVOID Playhaven
    @kolabo Thats a good point. :)

This discussion has been closed.