GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming Pro Survey – Feature prioritization, feedback and mapping the road ahead

13»

Comments

• ckck Posts: 224Member
    edited August 2012

@KiwiLee - that's a good point in regards to social integration - though in the scope of this survey social integration refers to tying to Facebook for updates, etc... not Farmvillian type multiplayer.

The App Store has changed a lot in the last 12 months, and will change as much again over the next year. I think you'll find this (asynchronous multiplayer) becoming a real priority for those now just getting their feet wet with monetization.
  • lycettebroslycettebros Posts: 1,598Member, PRO
    edited August 2012
    I would have ranked video if it was there.
    It is a pity it is not a priority of most users. I would have thought adding its function may have been relatively easy - spoken by a true software dev ignoramus :)
  • KiwiLeeKiwiLee Posts: 181Member
    Video was high in my list that I collated! See earlier post!
  • lycettebroslycettebros Posts: 1,598Member, PRO
    KiwiLee said:

Video was high in my list that I collated! See earlier post!

Yeah I saw it responding to that and..

Video and push notifications were probably close to 20-21 on the list.

:)

• blondonblondon Posts: 31Member
    Hi.. I did not receive the survey.
  • mmzbrmmzbr Posts: 308Member
    Just sent my survey. You guys are awesome, keep the good work!
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    Hey guys - just sent out a few more surveys to those who might have missed the initial round. We'll be wrapping up and calculating the results within the next few days.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• maxbeaumontmaxbeaumont Posts: 616Member
    Didn't get mine yet, hoping to get it soon...

My top three are performance, universal builds, and then FaceBook integration.

Cheers,
    Max

Decipherr.com - The next generation of app marketing

• ParkGamesParkGames Posts: 117Member, PRO
    edited August 2012
    Didn't receive email, still time to take part?

Update: Thanks, survey completed.
  • gamedivisiongamedivision Posts: 807Member
    im confused why engine upgrade would be a choice,surly thats the foundation for everything else to build off of.but i do agree with alot of the other people ,multiplayer is whats big and will only get even bigger,imagine being able to play someone else on the other side of the country on your game,if this was my ship id put every single engineer on the engine upgrade,get it done and dusted,then you know what you have to play with.
  • KiwiLeeKiwiLee Posts: 181Member
    It's fair for gs to put down performance as if it polls #1 then they are justified in working on it over recent months and shows some alignment with community.

The +1 if Lua drop was performance followed by easier/faster maintenance ;-)
  • DZTECHDZTECH Posts: 216Member, PRO
    I didn't receive mine. Was it emailed?
  • arcticsunrisearcticsunrise Posts: 159Member
    Get it out to me please. Just come back of holiday and find i got n days to upgrade my mac before i cant use the software i have paid for.
  • mithraweptmithrawept Posts: 167Member, PRO
    Great idea. Sent mine in. Thanks SSS.

We're quite a diverse group, so it'll be really to interesting to see the results.
  • PimanPiman Posts: 161Member
    I haven't received mine either.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    Hey everyone,

We'll be wrapping up this survey today. Submissions will be cut off this evening. (Central time), so if you haven't had the opportunity to take the survey as a Pro user, please let me know as soon as possible.

Cheers, and thanks for your participation!

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• arcticsunrisearcticsunrise Posts: 159Member
    Still not received...
    @articsunrise - I've sent it to the email assigned to your account twice now. Unsure as to why you're not receiving it.

And now a third time. Hopefully you receive it this time.

Another important note: I can appreciate that many folks see the text field as a place to tell GameSalad exactly what you think about our development, focus, etc. While that's not what the field was for, I can definitely understanding wanting to vent. However, please note that anyone using profanity or generally insulting behavior will be disqualified from the results of the survey.

Alright folks - extending the surveys for a very short period of time - 11:00am central time, after which point access will be shut off.

Cheers!

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Posts: 5,536Member
    Looking forward to seeing the results, I assume they will be posted?

Jamie
  • lukejnrlukejnr Posts: 63Member
    I still haven't received it. I have messaged @SaladStraightShooter and emailed support. I'm a Pro user now!
    @lukecurley - I attempted to send it to you. However, unfortunately the Pro survey is no longer available - entries closed at 11:00 am this morning.

• JamesLewisJamesLewis Posts: 109Member
    @SaladStraightShooter

I'm just back from vacation - I've checked my email history - didn't appear to receive the survey...?! Any reason why?

J
    edited August 2012
    @JamesLewis - there seem to be a few people they just didn't get the survey, even when I sent them to them directly. I can't speak to what the precise issue may have been, however, as they were not bounced back to my inbox after being sent.

Unfortunately this survey is now closed - hopefully those who were unable to participate this time around, for whatever the reason, will be able to do so next time.

We're now going over the information received.

This discussion has been closed.