GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Status Update: 0.11.0 Mac Creator Release

SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
edited October 2012 in News from the Dev Team
Hello everyone,

We just wanted to give you an update on the upcoming Mac Creator release candidate. Previously we'd discussed a tentative release time frame of the last week of September/first week of October. Due to changes in the Nook submission requirements as well as changes with iOS 6, the release will need more time in the oven before we submit it to the line cooks for pre-release testing.

We hope to have a clearer timeframe available soon. Thank you for your patience while we work to get this release and its associated fixes to you and out the door!

Cheers,
-SSS

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comments

• RUPASRUPAS Posts: 823Member
    ok, but what about the new engine? You said it would be available by the end of summer and we're in autumn. You can find out when I got the new engine? an approximate date? also happens with the results of the survey we conducted pro users nor are the results? Cheers and good luck in the hard work!
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    edited October 2012
    @RUPAS - Sorry, no new information on the lua-free engine. I'll update when I have it, but I've got nothing. I'm not sure where I said "End of Summer".

The roadmap promised by Steve is inbound. There were adjustments to the internal development schedule that needed to be addressed in the roadmap before it goes out to the community, but it's coming.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,121Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    Thanks for the update, guys!
  • MammothMammoth Posts: 640Member
    @straightsaladshooter

Is native mac application bug fixed? Right now if you try and download a native mac application it just gives you a folder versus a playable game?
  • lycettebroslycettebros Posts: 1,598Member, PRO
    Yes the news is appreciated...iOS6 and iPhone5 has me nervous but I am glad these will be tackled.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,377Member, Sous Chef
    can't wait for the nook support, they are rejecting all submissions due to their new hardware requirements.
  • Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Posts: 646Member
    nice :) thanks
    ---
    Benjamin
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporePosts: 988Member
    And maybe another screen format for ipad mini? :P Apples is updating so fast it's tough to catch up.
  • 3itg3itg Posts: 382Member, PRO
    edited October 2012
    Ipad mini shouldnt need anything additional to what we have already, as it is, very litterally, a mini ipad 2... Same cpu (smaller die) same ram and a 768x1024 screen res.
    ( I run an IT company, and work with apple business, but all info is still "rumors")
  • 8bitninja8bitninja Posts: 367Member
    Sounds great, thank you gamesalad for all your hard work.
  • ozboybrianozboybrian Posts: 2,102PRO
    Cheers for the update! Can't wait for Lua free!!!
  • bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlPosts: 1,375Member
    edited October 2012
    I dont know if this is the right place to post this, but will there ever be an universal build?? Where you can select ipad and iphone for the same build and publish under 1 app. like this... If there is a way how would you go about doing it?

• lycettebroslycettebros Posts: 1,598Member, PRO
    edited October 2012

Where you can select ipad and iphone for the same build and publish under 1 app. like this... If there is a way how would you go about doing it?

This has been discussed many times @bjandthekatz. Rest assured that GS are well aware of the benefits of Universal builds and it may come out with the next release (highly unlikely however).

Patience is like the salad dressing for GameSalad....if you don't have any you will be disappointed with the salad every time. :)
  • LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKPosts: 956Member, Sous Chef
    What would be really great, @SaladStraightShooter, is if GS would allow us to adjust the display size ourselves. This way, GS wouldn't have to scramble every time a new device comes out. If we were given a way to detect device resolution, then we could build universal apps ourselves by manipulating camera, scene, and display sizes.
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Posts: 620Member

What would be really great, @SaladStraightShooter, is if GS would allow us to adjust the display size ourselves. This way, GS wouldn't have to scramble every time a new device comes out. If we were given a way to detect device resolution, then we could build universal apps ourselves by manipulating camera, scene, and display sizes.

I agree but with the current options available as presets.
  • bjandthekatzbjandthekatz Orlando, FlPosts: 1,375Member

Where you can select ipad and iphone for the same build and publish under 1 app. like this... If there is a way how would you go about doing it?

This has been discussed many times @bjandthekatz. Rest assured that GS are well aware of the benefits of Universal builds and it may come out with the next release (highly unlikely however).

Patience is like the salad dressing for GameSalad....if you don't have any you will be disappointed with the salad every time. :)
    i know that patience is they key here. i have no problem submitting it 2 times. i was just wondering if there was a way or if they would come out with one later.
  • venon_itvenon_it Posts: 594Member, PRO
    i love the Universal function.... when Game salad have this function i'm very happy :\">
  • greenrhynogreenrhyno Posts: 152Member, PRO

can't wait for the nook support, they are rejecting all submissions due to their new hardware requirements.

So is there no way to get an Game Salad created app approved with Nook right now? I haven't submitted one with them for a few weeks but wanted to submit a couple this weekend. Should I just wait for the new creator- Don't want to waste my time if it is futile for now. I hope the new creator is ready before the Oct. 15 deadline Nook has for getting apps into the launch of their new HD devices.

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    @greenrhyno you might as well submit. but in reality they might reject it. Seems like they should still make it available to the nook color just not the new stuff though.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,377Member, Sous Chef

So is there no way to get an Game Salad created app approved with Nook right now? I haven't submitted one with them for a few weeks but wanted to submit a couple this weekend. Should I just wait for the new creator- Don't want to waste my time if it is futile for now. I hope the new creator is ready before the Oct. 15 deadline Nook has for getting apps into the launch of their new HD devices.

I submitted a game a week ago and it was rejected.

Unfortunately we are not able to approve your application for
    distribution at this time for the following reasons:

Files: Rejected: 2. Your application does not scale correctly on HD/HD+
    devices. Please make sure it takes up the full amount of the available
    screen. Please fix and resubmit.

If you feel that the issues can be addressed you are encouraged to edit
    and re-submit the application for further consideration and review by
    the qualification team.
    @jonmulcahy

Thanks for the feedback. I got emails from Nook telling me that my current apps on their store failed their baseline compatibility testing because "App doesn't scale properly/has letter-boxing"

I don't think Nook will remove apps, I think they just won't allow them for the new Nook HD and HD+, BUT maybe their store doesn't have the ability to differentiate and they will remove apps that don't work on the newer devices.

I also have an app built from Unity and that one did pass the compatibility testing so I guess that one does scale properly. It appears to be a GameSalad thing. I am happy that GS is working on resolving the issue, and I hope the new creator can help us get our apps updated and approved on Nook for the new HD devices.
  • robertkdalerobertkdale USAPosts: 912Member
    Great!

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• 3xL3xL Posts: 676Member
    cool
  • CluvCluv Posts: 229Member
    is the iPhone 5 being handled a different way in io6 than the previous iPhones? I know for the time being there are black bars on the side, but how will the fact that there are two different size devices affect us as we move forward, does anyone know?
    @Cluv
    I think we are going to have to either have 2 different designs for games or let some elements stretch and or move. Kind of like iPad- you can use the same game on iPad and iPhone (older versions) and the ratio is a bit different so you can stretch the game or adjust for the different ratio by changing the game a bit. No real easy answer and I'm not sure what GameSalad will give us as tools to use for this. Would love to hear from them what they are thinking of doing though!
  • CluvCluv Posts: 229Member
    @greenrhyno:
    Fair enough. I am having one heck of a time porting from iPad to iPhone right now because I did most of spawning work in rule calls. It's not a huge deal. Thanks for your thoughts!
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporePosts: 988Member
    eta confirmed yet? can't wait for some new stuffs to try out.
  • GreggTheDevGreggTheDev Posts: 33Member, PRO
    Hi Everyone,
    Just on a side note: I've finished my app and need it released by the end of this month. I created provisioning profiles and everything else. However, when publishing to iOS, I click "Generate App" and the app is never generated. Sometimes, I manually refresh the page and it allows me to sign the app. However, the download/signing process takes only about 15 seconds (I have an app on the App Store and know from experience that it typically takes longer). After the download is "complete," it displays "No Provisioning Profiles Installed." I'm really confused. Any help? Thanks!

~Gregg
  • venon_itvenon_it Posts: 594Member, PRO
    hi, a info i have 2 app to publish, but i want the full support for iphone 5 , eta confirmed yet? Thankss
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @venon_it - iOS 6 threw us for a loop. We've been standing by waiting for our partners to adjust to the changes, too, and then we adjust to their changes. (Playhaven has been slower than usual providing an updated SDK for iOS 6, for example, due to the revamp).

We are hoping to have a pre-release out this week to the line cooks for testing, assuming we can get all the components in line. After that it's roughly a week of testing and then it'll go live. So inside two weeks, assuming no catastrophes or additional work needed.

This discussion has been closed.