GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing "Pro only" forums

SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
edited October 2012 in News from the Dev Team
Hello everyone,

After what has been quite a long while in the journey of our humble forums, I am pleased to announce that we now offer a "Pro only" forum section. In addition to this, Pro users have the opportunity to be given a special role that clearly denotes their Pro status.

What does this new section offer over the old?

Well, for starters, our technical support team - in conjunction with my efforts - will offer Pro-level customer support via the Pro version of "Working with GameSalad". While basic members will be unable to post here, they can VIEW this section and obtain the same answers a Pro user might. Myself, and my tech support brethren, will do our best to answer legitimate questions with a higher degree of care. While the same limitations in information apply to both forums, this forum will see our Tech representatives occasionally posting alongside my own posts in answer to your inquiries. You are still able to contact support as normal, and in some cases may be encouraged to do so. While we may do our best to solve this issue, we cannot "FIX" bugs through this method and will not offer logic creation support. (ie: "My character doesn't jump the way I want - fix it!")

There are other sections that will only be visible - and only usable - to a Pro user, as well.

As stated above, you are also awarded a special role denoted by an appropriate badge (visible on the main forum) that accompanies each of your posts.

There is one minor caveat to this: I will need you to let me know if you wish to be acknowledged as a Pro user. You still have access to the rest of the forums as normal - your membership just gains you a little extra in terms of access to the team and a little bit easier "focus" for my efforts on the forum outside of normal.

Want to view only the portions of the forums you care about in Recent Discussions?

You can. This applies to Pro users as well as regular members wishing to only view the categories they care about or specific information. To do this, click on "All categories" on the bar to the right. On each specific category that appears, you will see a small widget shaped like a gear. Clicking this you have the option to "Hide" that category. From that point on, that category DOES NOT update in your Recent Discussions tab, helping you "filter out the noise" as needed. Head Chefs, Executive chefs, etc. will not utilize this - it's still important we see the forums as a whole! PRO users, this is a good way to only view your special section of the forums!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here or via PM.

By all means, please let me know if you wish to be reassigned and acknowledged as a PRO member of our community by posting here or sending me a private message. I ask for your patience while I wade through the initial requests as I must do this by hand. Note that I will be actively verifying your Pro status.

Thank you for your patience with this, and I hope that you take advantage of this added layer of functionality to the forums!

Cheers,
-SSS

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,079Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    Finally! Thanks for getting us Pro members this new forum.

I wouldn't mind being acknowledged as a Pro member.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    SHAZAM.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    I think I might need to adjust some of the padding on the posts...

• uptimistikuptimistik Trinidad and TobagoPosts: 3,597Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    Can I has one too? :(

New Templates Daily At The Official GameSalad Marketplace GSHelper.com

edited October 2012
    *slaps*

... let me work on that one.

• wpatenwpaten Posts: 281Member, PRO
    edited October 2012

Finally! Thanks for getting us Pro members this new forum.

I wouldn't mind being acknowledged as a Pro member.

You said it dude. :-)

You can do the same for me as we'll straightsaladshooter.

I am sure there is going to be a backlash from the non member crowd over this but if they would take a look at the other competitors out there, this is how things are done. Stencyl has pro only forums. So does Corona.

I am astonished by all the comments about the pricing structure for gamesalad, as if that is any of our business whatsoever. When was the last time anybody went to McDonalds and said "Hey I like your cheeseburgers, but I don't want to pay a dollar, how about if I give you 20 cents for the meat, 10 cents for the bread, and a nickel for the pickles. And since I did that for you, then you should go ahead squirt the ketchup and mustard on for free."

To think that we, as users of Gamesalad, should have ANY say whatsoever in how another company's pay structure should be for their product is absolutely ridiculous and downright insulting.

I am very grateful for what the GS team has done so far and look forward to what they cook up in the future.
  • floydianspiralfloydianspiral Posts: 308Member, PRO
    edited October 2012
    I would like the pro user icon! Are they out now because I don't see them...and will posts in these forums go on the top of recent discussions for non-pro members like all other new posts?
  • MSEagle2MSEagle2 Posts: 98Member, PRO
    pro me!
  • zombiesdrulezombiesdrule Posts: 131PRO
    I'm up for the Pro User Icon as well, thanks and good work.
  • PixombieGamesPixombieGames Posts: 18Member
    Yes please for Pro user icon B-)
  • BBEnkBBEnk Posts: 1,764Member, PRO
    I'll take the Pro Icon also.
  • RiffelRiffel Posts: 1,272Member
    Pro me please!
  • deadlightsdeadlights Posts: 235Member, PRO
    Pro the deadlights !
  • slinky1988slinky1988 Posts: 89Member, PRO
    Pro me please!

Bom Chicka Wah Wah

@floydianspiral - only "PRO - Working with GameSalad" will populate in recent discussions for non-Pro members. All other items will only show up as Recent Discussions for those assigned the PRO designation.

Please bear in mind this is brand new - I'm happy to make adjustments as we move forward. If you have a suggestion, let me know.

• SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef
    edited October 2012
    @SaladStraightShooter

Hit me up, brah! I don't mind being know as a Pro member.

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• kolabokolabo Posts: 240Member
    Shazam me too. I like that green color!
  • robertkdalerobertkdale USAPosts: 912Member
    Hello SaladStraightShooter. I would like to be acknowledged as a Pro member.
    Thanks for the Pro only forum as well! It is a great idea.

Big Smile Games Play Happy!
    Check out our other GameSalad exclusives.

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    So can I get a pro badge on mine? Its pretty snazzy looking

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• floydianspiralfloydianspiral Posts: 308Member, PRO
    I think it would be cool to have a PRO section for announce your game because usually if people have paid to go pro, the quality of their work tends to be higher and I know sometimes quality games get buried on the forums below other less polished games...but on the flip side I guess it may be too elitist and wouldn't allow everyone to comment on them. Just throwing it out there for the discussion.
  • MeaningfulGamesMeaningfulGames Posts: 171Member, PRO
    I want a pro badge :O
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef
    You should make the Pro badge a link to the "purchase pro" web page.

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporePosts: 988Member
    i want pro !!! :P
  • DanDaMan123DanDaMan123 Posts: 216Member
    edited October 2012
    This sounds pretty cool. I know a lot of people have been waiting for the pro-only forum. Also, how do I get it to say "PRO" by my comment? (I am pro)
  • GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Posts: 927Member
    show me as pro please
  • ultimaultima Posts: 1,204Member, PRO
    show me some love too =)
  • SingleSparqSingleSparq Posts: 1,339Member
    Mesa wish to be a Pro-Bro too! It's so sparkly and shiny.

Member since November 2009 :D
    Twitter: @SingleSparq Web: www.singlesparq.com

• gurechangurechan Posts: 211Member, PRO
    @SaladStraightShooter I would also like to be acknowledged as a pro user. Thanks.
  • ChimoruChimoru Posts: 137Member, PRO
    edited October 2012
    This is great! Hopefully this will result in some more efficient support.

EDIT: How to we obtain that pro icon?
This discussion has been closed.