GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad Mac Creator 0.10.2 Beta

SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
edited March 2013 in News from the Dev Team
Hello all,

Today we're release Mac Creator version 0.10.2 Beta a new ad monetization feature for our Pro users, as well as many engine optimizations across the board.

Mobclix:

Mobclix (mobclix.com) is a new ad monetization feature for Pro users to implement, based on the industry's largest mobile ad exchange network. It allows for complete transparency and visibility for developers to maximize revenues.

Available for both iOS and Android platforms, Mobclix targets users based on location and the type of app to maximize the money that devs can make. When using Mobclix you gain:
  • The ability to see all your reports in one place
  • Receive one check with payments from all your sources
  • Have confidence that the ads appearing fit with the your content and users
  • Highest ad fill rate in the industry
GameSalad is pleased to offer the first of our Android monetizations with Mobclix. With this feature you handle all your own reporting and implementation.

For more information on setting up your Mobclix developer account and implementing it into your apps, see the attached document for a step by step guide.

Engine Optimizations:

Lua Optimizations:
  • Various optimizations to the Lua engine.
  • Multi-threaded loading for iOS.
  • Loading optimizations for Android.
HTML5 Optimizations
  • Loading optimizations.
  • Optimizations to how tables are saved and loaded.
  • Optimizations for Windows 8 apps.
For more information on this release, see the release notes here:
0.10.2 Release notes

Cheers,
-SSS

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comments

• DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaPosts: 838Member
    edited March 2013
    Just in time! Weeeeeee! 8->
  • part12studiospart12studios Posts: 619Member
    edited March 2013
    that is great news. @SSS

are these lua engine optimizations not the same as the "new lua free game engine"?

is Mobclix like play haven where GS takes 50% of the revenue we generate?
  • TheFrogeekTheFrogeek Posts: 97Member
    I have an issue:
    When I try to run GS viewer in Xcode, the build fail

Code Sign error: A valid provisioning profile matching the application's Identifier 'com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer' could not be found

Is it a problem from me?
  • zzap64zzap64 Posts: 405Member
    @SaladStraightShooter

'see the release notes here:0.10.2 Release notes'

Unfortunately no link to the release notes sir.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @part12studios - no, this is not Lua-free.

To be clear, GameSalad doesn't take 50% off anything - Playhaven takes roughly 50% (Industry standard) and then pays us a percentage off that. Mobclix is similarly funded. You can see all of these sales results on your own Mobclix dashboards and the money goes straight to you without GameSalad managing your account like we did for Playhaven... we no longer manage any of that for you.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Posts: 620Member
    @SaladStraightShooter

Is there any chance of Tapjoy being added as a monetization option?

And, I know you are probably tired of hearing it, but is there any new news or updates that you can give us about Lua Free? Maybe a rough time frame or how many versions away it is?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,377Member, Sous Chef
    kloo13 said:

I have an issue:
    When I try to run GS viewer in Xcode, the build fail

Code Sign error: A valid provisioning profile matching the application's Identifier 'com.gendaigames.gamesaladviewer' could not be found

Is it a problem from me?

You need to update the project to use your own provisioning profike
  • capitalcarnagecapitalcarnage Posts: 371Member
    edited March 2013
    @saladstraightshooter - As it seems that we deal with them (mobclix) directly what happens once our gs pro expires and we don't renew?
  • ChakkuChakku Posts: 1,513Member
    edited March 2013

As it seems that we deal with them (mobclix) directly what happens once our gs pro expires and we don't renew?

@capitalcarnage
    As with iAd, I would think you can still continue collecting revenue, assuming you don't issue an update to the app while you're a free member and not pro

We'll have to wait for clarification from @SaladStraightShooter to be sure, though.

Chakku
  • JarrenHJarrenH Posts: 206Member
    Please tell me there is a iOS viewer update to go along with this? Just updated to discover the lovely error telling me install the latest version... :-L
  • TheFrogeekTheFrogeek Posts: 97Member
    @jonmulcahy

Thank you for your answer! But how?
    I never had to do this before... I don't remember this...
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Posts: 1,603Member
    For example, things that I don't know that are possibilities for why the updates take so long:

- The 6 engineers are split between working on Mac/Windows/Ouya?/Other?

- Bad collaboration system? (between the engineers)

- A buggy QA system?

- Some sort of other (legal?) handicap?

- Thomas

Ignore females. Acquire currency.

• PhoticsPhotics Posts: 4,172Member
    edited March 2013

You can see all of these sales results on your own Mobclix dashboards and the money goes straight to you without GameSalad managing your account like we did for Playhaven... we no longer manage any of that for you.

Wow...

WOW...

It took a while, but it seems that GameSalad is finally starting to get things right.

First Universal Binaries...
    Then Signatures return...
    ...and now developers can manage their own advertiser accounts?

Excellent! I'm pleased to see such great progress.
  • 3itg3itg Posts: 382Member, PRO
    What about advertising options in Win8?

Just kidding... it had to be asked sooner or later though.
    Great Update.
    One other thing. SSS has said that they are working on decreasing update wait times. I'd love to know exactly how they're doing that. (Other than just hiring new people)
    - Thomas

@SaladStraightShooter

• JagonAppsJagonApps Posts: 241Member
    :( Yet another addition to pro making the basic even further away from pro, surely GS has got to give some more basic features to everyone to close the gap a bit? I understand they want to make pro appealing, but really I am beginning to feel a bit peeved off (that is as long as they give pro users exclusive access to lua-free when it comes, which might just be the tipping point for me to reconsider GS...
  • GrapeSodaGamesGrapeSodaGames Posts: 93Member
    Great news! Been waiting for monetization on android! Thanks GS

Grape Soda Games - Skype: grapesodagames - Twitter --- Meteor Madness

edited March 2013
    @JagonApps - Well.. GameSalad really is just a bunch of ragtag mofia a professional company, and they have to make a living some way.

It is amazing of them to give away so much for free in the first place, in my opinion.
    - Thomas

P.S. Nice to see you @Photics ;)

• entersimonentersimon Posts: 269Member
    JagonApps said:

:( Yet another addition to pro making the basic even further away from pro, surely GS has got to give some more basic features to everyone to close the gap a bit? I understand they want to make pro appealing, but really I am beginning to feel a bit peeved off (that is as long as they give pro users exclusive access to lua-free when it comes, which might just be the tipping point for me to reconsider GS...

There were plenty of things included for basic users here. The Pro features added this time have to do with monetization. Pro users have put money into GameSalad for this opportunity to utilize these tools. Lua Free isn't even here yet (No one is happy about that either, btw), so let's focus on the here and now.

So far my load times have been feeling nicer. That's a positive everyone gets to share!

I'm hoping the blurry icon issue for Universal Builds on retina iPads has been addressed, but I won't know that until I can get some Ad Hoc builds done. That's likely a publishing side issue though.

Thank you GS team for the current optimization. I look forward to what's next.

Check out my daily app development blog at TheIndieDev.com

• Team6LabsTeam6Labs Posts: 541Member
    I would beware of mobclix though, they have an issue with payments. They have been behind on payments for awhile now. Check out this thread. http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/business-legal-app-store/105160-mobclix-payments-so-late-this-month.html#latest nearly a million views. If your dependent on your apps, I would suggest not using mobclix.

Revive Apps Getting Low Downloads - http://www.AppReviver.com

• RiffelRiffel Posts: 1,272Member
    @SaladStraightShooter I can't acces mobclix services at GS publish. just playhaven and GSnetwork. what is wrong?
    @entersimon - Well if there really are fairly significant load time decreases, maybe I'll take back what I said.
    I'll do some testing later tonight.
    - Thomas

• greengluegreenglue Posts: 52PRO
    Hmm. Can't seem to see where in the publisher I can enable Mobclix.
  • mounted88mounted88 Posts: 1,113Member
    poisenden said:

I would beware of mobclix though, they have an issue with payments. They have been behind on payments for awhile now. Check out this thread. http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/business-legal-app-store/105160-mobclix-payments-so-late-this-month.html#latest nearly a million views. If your dependent on your apps, I would suggest not using mobclix.

@poisenden that was for june and july of last year. Everyone is sometimes behind on payments, you have to think of how many developers there probably dealing with. Between that and the companies that advertise im sure something is going to get behind.

Am I the only one who can't open the pdf file attached?

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.

• Team6LabsTeam6Labs Posts: 541Member
    @mounted88 It's an ongoing problem. And it's not 'sometimes'. Mobclix is consistently behind their 180 day deadline. That means that you will likely not see a payment for after 6 months.

Revive Apps Getting Low Downloads - http://www.AppReviver.com

• mounted88mounted88 Posts: 1,113Member
    edited March 2013
    @poisenden as oppose to my first playhaven payment, I just received this month for nov which is 5 months. So ill be ok :P You gotta think though, you will be able to actually see your reports on a more regular basis, unlike playhaven. So atleast you can see what your making and know it will come someday.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.

• entersimonentersimon Posts: 269Member

@entersimon - Well if there really are fairly significant load time decreases, maybe I'll take back what I said.
    I'll do some testing later tonight.
    - Thomas

Did an Ad Hoc Build of a recent project of mine (optimized to the fullest of my ability over the course of a year) and it went from a 6 second initial load to a 4 second initial load. Load times between scenes show a difference of about 0.25 seconds.

Tested on a 3rd Gen iPad with retina.

Pretty nice so far!

Check out my daily app development blog at TheIndieDev.com

• PixelNautGamesPixelNautGames Posts: 44Member
    @saladstraightshooter what is multithreaded loading? I'm interested to know what this means?
  • TinpotTinpot Posts: 54Member
    @SaladStraightShooter not sure if its an error, but in the PDF in the additional notes section down the bottom, it mentions Mobclix doesnt support full screen intersitial ads, but on the release notes it notes it is available, just not for IPAD.

I'd assume the pdf may be incorrect, and just needs IPAD added in there somewhere?
This discussion has been closed.