GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

State of GameSalad on 9-26-2014

13»

Comments

  • jigglybeanjigglybean Posts: 1,584Member

    seriously? if there is no news, theres no news and does the GS team really need to fart around to make a ground hog day post? What if it switches to twice a month. the beginning and the middle of each month?

    Like Balls? Then click here! We've 100 coming soon

  • colandercolander Posts: 1,610Member

    It is all about communication. Weeks of silence is not effective communication, people want to know what is going on and discuss it. I for one would like to know how close are we to a stable 12. What bugs are left to fix, are there any new ones, etc. A lot of us are waiting for the stable release to publish.

  • AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Posts: 1,024Member, PRO

    Agreed. Something is better then nothing, even if that something is a bit of hey... were still knee deep in bugs working toward a stable 12.

    Follow us: Twitter - Website

  • Bad wolf GuyBad wolf Guy Posts: 206Member

    After feeling "cheated" by the all new Lua-free engine promises, I would love to see a weekly post to confirm that the cross-platform creator is still in the works, that there are still progress on the market-place and still progress on a stable release. I believe its little things like that will help restore confidence in GameSalad staff for myself.

    I think it would be nice if there was a way to get it emailed weekly. I don't use the forums much, and when I do it is because I haven't been informed that servers are down, a new release that is stable actually isn't. I imagine its very annoying for those who don't choose to live day by day on the forums. To me, that would make life so much easier and would be a huge set up in communication.

    Keep up the great bug squashing, :)

  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaPosts: 1,390Member
    edited October 2014

    @ForumNinja‌ I agree with @colander and @AlchimiaStudios‌ There are all kinds of issues every week, so just being kept up to date about what's fixed and what's being focused on next, all in one thread that is easy to find, is important.

    I also think @Bad wolf Guy‌ 's idea of a broadcast email, particularly announcing "Stable" releases would be great.

    I spend far too much time daily trawling through the Forum trying to keep up with what's happening, what's broken that I should avoid using and what's fixed that I can use...

    ...at least I do most of it on the throne! :#

  • LovejoyLovejoy Posts: 2,078Member

    @Bad wolf Guy said:
    After feeling "cheated" by the all new Lua-free engine promises, I would love to see a weekly post to confirm that the cross-platform creator is still in the works, that there are still progress on the market-place and still progress on a stable release. I believe its little things like that will help restore confidence in GameSalad staff for myself.

    I think it would be nice if there was a way to get it emailed weekly. I don't use the forums much, and when I do it is because I haven't been informed that servers are down, a new release that is stable actually isn't. I imagine its very annoying for those who don't choose to live day by day on the forums. To me, that would make life so much easier and would be a huge set up in communication.

    Keep up the great bug squashing, :)

    I just google what the whole Lua-free engine ordeal was all about and dang! That looked sweet.

    Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,380Member, Sous Chef

    yea, the lua-free was never meant to be. I remember reading that is basically broke every existing gamesalad app and would have required extensive reworking of everyone's project.

  • AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Posts: 1,024Member, PRO

    Yeah... I'm more excited for the new render system actually! Hopefully it will give us some nice gains.

    Follow us: Twitter - Website

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,964Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee

    The new cross platform creator sounds better than the lua free, so I can't wait to see it!

  • ArmellineArmelline Posts: 4,760Member, PRO
    edited October 2014

    @PhilipCC said:
    ...at least I do most of it on the throne! :#

    I'll never look at that smiley the same way again.

  • LoadedLoaded Posts: 240Member

    @Bad wolf Guy said:
    I think it would be nice if there was a way to get it emailed weekly.

    +1 for weekly emails.

    Website » Twitter » Facebook » Loaded Arts - Fun for thumbs.

    Developer Blog » 08/01/2015 - Week 72 – Apple, the great dictator…

  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaPosts: 1,390Member
    edited October 2014

    @Armelline‌ I actually have a throne, so don't visualise something else. ;)

  • LovejoyLovejoy Posts: 2,078Member

    @PhilipCC said:
    Armelline‌ I actually have a throne, so don't visualise something else. ;)

    Pics or its not true!

    Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

  • WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAPosts: 621Member, PRO

    Oh, and one of the biggest pains still is that I cannot zoom in and out of the stage area, so when I am working on a IPad game I find myself scrolling - up, down - up, down - left,right - left, right... and for some strange reason I hit AB AB and look for the start key....!!!

  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,913Member

    While meditating, I traveled to dimension x and used the LUA free version of GS. Don't worry you aren't missing anything as it was slow and buggy too.

  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaPosts: 1,390Member

    @The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    While meditating, I traveled to dimension x and used the LUA free version of GS. Don't worry you aren't missing anything as it was slow and buggy too.

    Could it have been what you were puffing on?

    "Take a deep breath my son, in and out, slowly, and let your mind relax... and all will be as it should."

  • WbokoWboko Tennessee, USAPosts: 621Member, PRO

    @The_Gamesalad_Guru said:
    While meditating, I traveled to dimension x and used the LUA free version of GS. Don't worry you aren't missing anything as it was slow and buggy too.

    Wow, just like GS is now.... :smile:

  • ForumNinjaForumNinja Posts: 543Key Master, Head Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee

    @colander‌ Yes you guys are. It's all done and awaiting approval before I post it :)

  • HopscotchHopscotch Posts: 2,782Member, PRO

    @ForumNinja said:
    colander‌ Yes you guys are. It's all done and ...

    the new cross platform creator screenshots are

    @ForumNinja said:
    ... awaiting approval before I post it :)

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 8,964Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee

    @Hopscotch - I see what you did there!

  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaPosts: 1,390Member
    edited October 2014

    @Braydon_SFX said:
    Hopscotch - I see what you did there!

    We'll see... But 0.12.10 is out! That's good enough for me, for now. B)

Sign In or Register to comment.