State of GameSalad on 7-19-2017 (Web Version Semi-open Beta)
I apologize for the delay in posting an update for you guys, but this one should prove to be exciting
New Web Version
We’ve been heads down working on this for awhile now and we’ve made huge progress. So much so that I’m happy to announce the opening of our semi-open beta! If you’re interested, simply shoot me a message and I’ll get you all set up with access.
There’s still some critical features missing from the web version, but building projects is completely possible!
Here’s a list of the more major missing functionality:
- Copy/paste for behaviors/actors/scenes etc
- Writing to tables through the change table value behavior
- Publishing to your portfolio
- In app purchase behaviors
- Ability to import custom collisions
- Probably a couple other things that escape me currently (edit: if you share a project link with anyone they will have complete access to your project, so don't do that)
On the other hand, there’s some new functionality! Some of the new improvements include include:
- Zoom in the scene editor
- Actor multi-select for the scene editor
- A reworked expression editor with autocomplete functionality so that you can type/select attributes, as well as basic error handling to stop you from submitting invalid expressions
- Tables are listed under their own attribute type (tables) instead of with the list of game attributes
- You can playtest animations directly in the animate behavior
Once again, if you’re interested in checking it out, simply shoot me a message and I’ll get you all set up with access!