Press Two Buttons at Once? Or Need Multi-touch?

JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi

So I thought out a special control scheme for my game which would involve pressing two buttons at once and as this will end up on iPhone I need to check something.

With two buttons on screen, can I just press them both? Or do I need to activate some kind of multi-touch function?

Also, if I have a button, I can't figure out to make it so that when that button is pressed, it accelerates my other actor. Sorry having a bad day, brain can't work properly. Thanks.

Comments

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Hey kahanejosh,

If your button actors have the Rule condition "touch is pressed" then each one will see the touch(up to 5 touches). If you use the Mouse Button is down and Mouse Position is over method, then only the first touch on the screen will mimic that on the iPhone.(since there is only one mouse)

As for using one actor(button) to have another actor do something else, make a game attribute that the moving actor sees is true (like a Boolean attribute that when button is pressed, Change game attribute to true, otherwise, change game attribute to false) then it accelerates.
  • JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Guys that has worked like a charm, thanks a million.