How Can I make an Actor Spawn in the same Position as Where it Started?

JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi

I am really having trouble understanding the spawn actor stuff and its frustrating as I know this should be easy (or one of the easier aspects).

I have a 'laser beam' and when I hit a switch (collide with an actor) it destroys the laser beam actor, however I cant get another one to spawn in the same position 3 seconds later. Please help, thanks.

Comments

• JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Ok a little progress. I have the actor now spawning where I want it and on a timer so that after 'actor 1' collides with 'actor 2' after 3 seconds 'laser beam' spawns.

However, my issues now is that the laser beam is destroyed instantly afterwards.
  • JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Sorry, just realised I have explained what I want to achieve at all, hehe. Here what I want to do:

When my 'character' collides with a 'button' the 'laser beam' is destroyed for only 3 seconds, then a new one is spawned in its place. By doing this I want it so that the player has limited time (3 seconds) to get through the passage before the laser beam appears again and they have to go back to the switch.

Basically, how can I make it so that when one actor collides with another, the third actor despawns for 3 seconds then re appears?
  • MankoManko Member Posts: 20
    Set a timer for 3 seconds and then add the spawn actor rule. Just make sure to set the timer to "after" instead of "every".