Rotate Actor Around a Point

JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi

I have my actor, and I want it to rotate around a point constantly at a certain speed. I can't quite figure it out, as my actor is either falling or not moving at all. Hope you can help. Thanks.

Comments

• JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Thought of a good example to make it clear. Put a pencil on your desk or any old surface, and put your finger middle of it rotate it. Thats how I want my actor turning. Haha, hope that helps explain.
    Hmm, ok. I am failing miserably. Any chance someone could try to get it to work themselves and post what they did? Thanks.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    The link that tshirtbooth should work. But it is only rotating around the center of the screen (240,160). If you want to have an actor follow another actor and circle it, instead of using (240,160), make a couple of game attributes that store the position of the base actor and use those instead.

Here is an example: http://gamesalad.com/game/play/25934
    Ahh ok my first mistake was that when putting in the sin and cos functions I left (angle) in the equation and didn't replace it, haha, silly mistake by me, I figured it out after reading it over a couple more times.

But my issue is, that this moves my object around a point. Sorry if I wasn't clear before, but what I want is it so spin (or rotate on a point, rather than around it).
    Sorry, let me try again. I don't want it to move in a circle, but just spin like a wheel.

I want it to spin like a car wheel. The axis on the wheel is in the centre and the wheel is always turning. I want it like that, hope thats clearer. :)
    Say if im still not clear, please do, I shall try and find a visual example somewhere.
    tshirtbooth, I want to thank you so much! This has worked and works perfectly. You should get this put up on the wiki, very clear and helpful. Thank you for helping me with all the other stuff as well, haha, you have been great!