My tongue hurts.

peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
I just ate a handful of these Sakata "Italian roast tomato and balsamic" rice crackers.

Drinking only makes it worse.

(Yes this is very random but I was sad looking at how empty Misc. currently is.)

Seriously, it feels like it's on fire.

Comments

• synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    Eat sugar!
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    Sugar? I've never heard that before.... Or are you just randomly encouraging me to eat sugar and not implying it will help with the burning?

I've heard that dairy helps - my partner tries to make me eat a piece of chocolate or drink some chocolate milk (I can't stand plain milk) - but I don't like mixing food groups like that, lol.
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    A sugar packet works best to neutralized spicy food. Its a base...which neutralizes the acids (causing the burn). Try it sometime.
    I shall likely nibble on a few more later - and when I inevitably burn my poor tongue yet again, I will attempt to sooth it with some sugar.

.... This better not be an attempt at putting me into a diabetic coma :P
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    Lick a bar of soap.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    * 4 hours later.

I'm just making round this morning... how does your tongue feel now?
    5 hours after you, I'm making my 3 AM rounds - prior to trying to sleep. Maybe. It's early for me but I have to get up by 1 at the latest to go to the stupid dentist.

POLYGAMe, your lack of sympathy for my burned tongue is cruel >:(

Design - Thanks for asking :) It's actually still a little sensitive >.<' I don't know why, normally it passes much faster, especially as I've brushed my teeth twice since then.

Ah well, sleep now, dentist tomorrow - my teeth LOOK good, but as I haven't been in more than a decade now I'm a bit concerned I might have problems I'm unaware of. Dentists scare me.
  • AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    peachpellen said:

POLYGAMe, your lack of sympathy for my burned tongue is cruel >:(

Muah ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa!
    Sorry, I'm a Sous-Chef now, the power has obviously gone to my head.