Question on submitting to app store

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
I have a few questions on submitting an app to the app store:

1) First off, under the pricing tier, it says: "You do not have a contract in place for the price tier you selected. To make your application available on the App Store, you must have an active Paid Applications contract".--- Does it say this for all apps under review, or is there something I'm supposed to be doing in order to have an active paid applications contract?

2) When you upload the binary, you compress the file under the build folder, and distribution folder after you've built your game in xcode right?

3) Any other helpful hints would be great, especially if people have run into issues in submitting an app or with the directions

I believe that's all for now! :)

Comments

• JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Well for question one:

I am in the process of setting up my paid contract, and perhaps someone who has already completed this can explain more clearly, but I believe it means that for Free apps you want to put on the App Store, you do not need to give bank or tax information to Apple. As for paid apps, if you want to sell them for a price, e.g you are trying to sell under a priced tier, you need to submit bank information so you can be payed and tax information so that they do not without money from your sales.

Question two:

I can't quit remember but it is far simpler then you have said I think, Im sure someone could explain for you.

As for tips, I don't really have enough experience as Im still making my first game. :) Hope I was of little help.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    1. There are two basic contacts you need on file with Apple - the free one, and the paid one. As their name implies, the free one allows you to submit free applications for sale. The Paid one allows you to submit paid applications for sale. You'll have to go into the contact section on iTunes Connect and fill in the appropriate contract. They have some pretty good guides on there on how to do this.

2. Yes, basically you need to build your game, compress the application file and upload it. It will be located under Builds\Distribution

3. As far as the submission process goes, if you run into any errors, make sure you google around. There are a lot of helpful people on this forum, but it's dedicated to gamesalad. there are a ton of forums dedicated to the whole development process. Make sure you have valid keywords, that are directly based on your app. i.e. don't put tennis as a keyword on a football game. Just make sure your game description is details, have good screenshots showing different aspects of the game. Have a website up and running that you can put as the Application URL when submitting the game too.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Thanks everyone!

Mulcahy, I don't have a website up and running yet, but I put the URL in for gamesalad where my game is uploaded, that should suffice right? I think other peeps have done that on here
    Cool, that's what I thought Tshirtbooth, for now that will do until I get a website up, which would be much better for multiple games :)
    One more Question, the 57X57 icon is already in the compressed file that was built in xcode right? Or is there a place to upload that in the application process with apple? (I couldn't find it, but I noticed underneath the place where you upload the .zip file for your project, it said make sure the 57X57 icon is there)

Also do you need to only generate and install one distribution certificate for all your apps? (Under step 1 of building your game for app store distribution?)

I'm gathering that for every app you submit, you must generate and create a provisioning profile and app ID correct?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    If you create a generic provisioning profile you can use one for everything. That's what I do. There is a guide in the developer portal, but instead of giving it a name just put an asteric.

That 57x57 icon is the icon already in the package you don't need to do anything else.