Looking for Artist

ZackGSZackGS Member Posts: 313
Hello there. I am looking for a graphics artist to team up with me to make an iphone game and several more in the future if all goes well.

Game sales will be split 50/50 between the artist and i.

If you are interested please post here.

Thank you

Comments

• design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    Just curious, what do you bring to this partnership? For the most part, GameSalad makes it possible for artists to make their own games.
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    design219 said:
    Just curious, what do you bring to this partnership? For the most part, GameSalad makes it possible for artists to make their own games.

Might sound harsh, but he's right...

Unless you have discernible track-record of incredible programming or marketing success, most of the artsy people here would probably prefer to peddle there own wares...softwares, that is... ;-)
  • ZackGSZackGS Member Posts: 313
    Hello. I have been a long standing programmer in the psp world.
    Bringing such things to the platform as Wolfenstein 3D, Snes9x Euphoria, LuaPlayer Euphoria and much more.

I am a c/c++ programmer, who is using Gamesalad to create iphone games and have been programming for roughly 6 years.

Any more info please feel free to ask
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    Really...
    Wolfenstein 3D was published 20 years ago...you have some fuzzy math there.

BTW:
    Graphics are usually 60-75% of the effort of game development...and about 80-85% of GS development.
    he said it was for the PSP...It looks like it was "ported" (read:hacked) to the PSP in 2006...
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    I believe he worked on the PSP port.
    ahhh....gotcha
    I don't do consoles anymore.
    synthesis said:
    Really...
    Wolfenstein 3D was published 20 years ago...you have some fuzzy math there.

BTW:
    Graphics are usually 60-75% of the effort of game development...and about 80-85% of GS development.

No need for the sarcasm, I meant the Wolfenstein PSP port.
    I wasn't being sarcastic...just didn't add up...and there are a few around here that "exaggerate". But you're new...so that's okay...welcome.

As an artist first...a programmer second...I agree with BarkBark a bit in the fact that GS is generally for non-coders or for coders that need or desire expedited development cycles.

I think you might find a couple of younger folks that may take you up on a team. But from your post so far...not many specifics on what you are looking for.

Plus...not sure if 50/50 split is equitable...as graphics can take 2 to 3 times as long as the logic development (in games). Look at any game's credits...a majority are graphics people.

Sure the coders may get paid more on balance...but that's some really sophisticated code they are writing...but GS isn't all that sophisticated.

Good luck in your search and your game development.

If you want to purchase graphics for your game...there are a couple of graphic artists on here that offer services quite reasonably. Plus there is a lot of stock art out there.
    synthesis said:
    I wasn't being sarcastic...just didn't add up...and there are a few around here that "exaggerate". But you're new...so that's okay...welcome.

As an artist first...a programmer second...I agree with BarkBark a bit in the fact that GS is generally for non-coders or for coders that need or desire expedited development cycles.

I think you might find a couple of younger folks that may take you up on a team. But from your post so far...not many specifics on what you are looking for.

Plus...not sure if 50/50 split is equitable...as graphics can take 2 to 3 times as long as the logic development (in games). Look at any game's credits...a majority are graphics people.

Sure the coders may get paid more on balance...but that's some really sophisticated code they are writing...but GS isn't all that sophisticated.

Good luck in your search and your game development.

If you want to purchase graphics for your game...there are a couple of graphic artists on here that offer services quite reasonably. Plus there is a lot of stock art out there.

No problem man, I see what you mean.

The problem is I am unemployed at the moment so there is no money to purchase graphics. I did purchase graphics for the game I am currently making and would only require a few graphics such as menus to complete the artwork, so the artist would be getting a fair split considering the little work left to do on the art side :)
    danny_iphone said:
    I did purchase graphics for the game I am currently making and would only require a few graphics such as menus to complete the artwork, so the artist would be getting a fair split considering the little work left to do on the art side :)

Might have helped to mentioned that sooner...

There's a few hungry, aspiring graphic designers around here that might take you up on that offer...
    BarkBarkCo said:
    Might have helped to mentioned that sooner...

There's a few hungry, aspiring graphic designers around here that might take you up on that offer...

Agreed, I posted in a rush.
    If you are unemployed with no money...how are you going to publish and market other people's apps?

And there is tons of free stuff out there.

Plus...I wouldn't look to appstore development to make a quick living...its as tough as any market and you have to have KILLER products to make a living at it.

My advice...get a day job FIRST...then look to app development to add to that...and hopefully replace it eventually.
    synthesis said:
    If you are unemployed with no money...how are you going to publish and market other people's apps?

And there is tons of free stuff out there.

Plus...I wouldn't look to appstore development to make a quick living...its as tough as any market and you have to have KILLER products to make a living at it.

My advice...get a day job FIRST...then look to app development to add to that...and hopefully replace it eventually.

I get the cynicism but I already purchased everything required before I lost my job. Been unemployed for around 2 months.

I know what you mean about the quick buck thing, but as an experienced developer I believe I have what it takes to succeed in the app store.
    Good luck to you.
    But I still recommend you get a day job. The app store's "easy money" is long gone.
    synthesis said:
    Good luck to you.
    But I still recommend you get a day job. The app store's "easy money" is long gone.

Ya I agree and will when something suitable comes up :)

Thanks for the advice, just hope to get an artist on board. :)
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    I might be interested.But busy right now with my own game and freelance work. Heres an link to some of my stuff: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=19674
    Send me some info.
  • elmarronelmarron Member Posts: 8
    Hi:

I´m interesting 50/50 for me it´s good.

This is my portafolio in one stock http://shutterstock.com/g/oculo

ventas@elmarron.com
  • duckwitduckwit Member Posts: 46
    My portfolio duckwitart.wordpress.com

E-mail: duckwitproductions@gmail.com
  • TheoBlonkTheoBlonk Member Posts: 25
    I could be of any assistance. Like you, I had to quit, after 20 years, my regular graphic work, due to an eye-disease. So I am at home with lots of time. Just make me enthousiasm!
    This by sending me some screenshots to theo@digitalis.nu
    When I like your style... that is: when our styles connect- I might join!