Publish your games with infuseddreams (no apple dev licence required)

ZackGSZackGS Member Posts: 313
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
Hello there.

I am making an offer to any Gamesalad developers who would like to publish there games to the app store but do not have a Apple developer licence.

InfusedDreams will publish your game and you will receive the income. All we ask in return is 10% of the income revenue and to display 1 splash screen (an infuseddreams logo splash screen) at the start of your game.

No ads, or any other crap, just 10% of your revenue and 1 splash screen.
Your game will also be published on the infuseddreams website for increased exposure. www.infuseddreams.com

If you are interested please post here.

Comments

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Unless you guys are running a pro GS acct they could use some of those features on why would anyone do this? its only $100 for an Apple Dev License.
  • JamesZeppelinJamesZeppelin Member Posts: 1,927
    The site looks a little discouraging.

It really doesn't tell us much about your business model, what you, are or what you offer.

•Is your goal to be a successful publisher like chillingo or gameloft? DO you plan to promote?
    The selling feature with those services is they have the experience most of us lack on the business side.
    •Or are you here to provide a service to people who can't come up with the 100 bucks?

Both are a viable business model but are entirely different.

Also before anyone would do business it would be import to know the following:

•Where are you located
    •Are you incorporated or some equivalent with an actual Tax ID permitting you to operate.
    •How can one verify any of this.

I'm always glad welcome a new service but, I think it would be a good idea to get things up and running more when offering your services.

Thanks!
  • ZackGSZackGS Member Posts: 313
    JamesZeppelin said:
    The site looks a little discouraging.

It really doesn't tell us much about your business model, what you, are or what you offer.

•Is your goal to be a successful publisher like chillingo or gameloft? DO you plan to promote?
    The selling feature with those services is they have the experience most of us lack on the business side.
    •Or are you here to provide a service to people who can't come up with the 100 bucks?

Both are a viable business model but are entirely different.

Also before anyone would do business it would be import to know the following:

•Where are you located
    •Are you incorporated or some equivalent with an actual Tax ID permitting you to operate.
    •How can one verify any of this.

I'm always glad welcome a new service but, I think it would be a good idea to get things up and running more when offering your services.

Thanks!

Hi thanks, Good points, I should have clarified.

We are located in Ireland.
    Yes we are permitted to do this.

And maybe yes, for now it was just intended as an avenue for GS Creators who are low on funds, or moreover, who want to test the market first to see how they get on (without the expense of the dev licence).

Yes the apps will be advertised on the infuseddreams website, and also on my other site www.retroemu.com which has been established for just over 2 years (As far as I remember).

Any more questions feel free to ask.
  • BarkBarkCoBarkBarkCo Member Posts: 1,400
    An earlier poster asked if you had a pro GameSalad license. If yes, you might be able to interest indie or free users by offering to add iAds, links and loading screen removal as a service, either with al a carte pricing or as part of your 10% rev-sharing deal.
    BarkBarkCo said:
    An earlier poster asked if you had a pro GameSalad license. If yes, you might be able to interest indie or free users by offering to add iAds, links and loading screen removal as a service, either with al a carte pricing or as part of your 10% rev-sharing deal.

Sorry I forgot to answer that question.

I have the standard gamesalad licence.
  • DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    danny_iphone said:
    Sorry I forgot to answer that question.

I have the standard gamesalad licence.

So that would be 2 splash screen? Not good.
    dhondon said:
    So that would be 2 splash screen? Not good.

There is room for negotiation, the splash screen isn't going to be a deal breaker. If the user really doesn't want to display it in there app they don't have to :)
    danny_iphone said:
    There is room for negotiation, the splash screen isn't going to be a deal breaker. If the user really doesn't want to display it in there app they don't have to :)

Sorry, sounded a bit negative there. It's not an bad idea. But if you got the pro version, I think you would get some more response.
    Thanks for clarifying

Little issues can make a big difference

Honestly i think that sort of service is a great idea for those who just want to make a game but don't want to deal with apple and all the tax business aspects.

A lot of people do just dive right in and set up a apple dev account without really knowing the legalities of what they are getting into.

Some people might not want to send you the source to their games but, have you considered having people who already have at least the basic GS license sending you a signed build?

That could be enticing for some for sure!
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    dhondon said:
    Sorry, sounded a bit negative there. It's not an bad idea. But if you got the pro version, I think you would get some more response.

Now this is interesting. We've determined, through lengthy discussion on this forum, that using Pro to remove splash screens for Express users is unethical. Yet, if a company with a Pro license is acting like a publisher, then is it still immoral?
    JamesZeppelin said:

Some people might not want to send you the source to their games but, have you considered having people who already have at least the basic GS license sending you a signed build?

That could be enticing for some for sure!

By that you mean a compiled build ready for deployment? If so yes that wouldn't be a problem :)
    danny_iphone said:
    By that you mean a compiled build ready for deployment? If so yes that wouldn't be a problem :)

What would be the sense in that? If you already have Express, you're $99 away from being independent.

Also, there are tax issues here... 1099 forms... cross-border rules... are they employees or independent contractors? I don't think it's just as straightforward as, "Here ya go dude, now when do I get paid?"

Also, what if the games are really bad? HA HA!
    Photics said:
    What would be the sense in that? If you already have Express, you're $99 away from being independent.

Thats what i'm saying. If you are setup as pro, and a legitimate publisher. then i could see paying a fee to have my final app setup with custom screen or URL forwarding for the upgrade of a lite app. But if your not confident enough in your app to make that $100 back you should probably reconsider submitting in the first place.
    Photics said:
    Now this is interesting. We've determined, through lengthy discussion on this forum, that using Pro to remove splash screens for Express users is unethical. Yet, if a company with a Pro license is acting like a publisher, then is it still immoral?

Don't think I was apart of that discussion. But good point. Right now I would do a lot of thing to remove that horrible GS splash screen. But paying 2000$ is not one of them.
    dhondon said:
    Don't think I was apart of that discussion. But good point. Right now I would do a lot of thing to remove that horrible GS splash screen. But paying 2000$ is not one of them.

So... hypothetically... if I charged a 10% fee per sale, to publish your game with Pro features, would that be acceptable to you?
  • FanStudioUKFanStudioUK Member Posts: 459
    danny_iphone said:

What do you mean by that?
    Andreib21 said:
    What do you mean by that?

I mean if the user insists that they do not want to show the infuseddreams splash screen I wouldn't say no deal or cancel the agreement over it. It's more of a option than a demand.
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    So DanniBoy...
    You are in the other thread asking for artists to collaborate. Here you are asking to publish games for other people. Both require royalties of a significant amount for little to no effort.

Unless you have inside access to Gizmodo, TouchArcade and a dozen other iPhone portals...not sure why I (or others) would want to hand over their hard worked assets to you...with no track record...no credentials and have only been on this forum for about 3 days.

What are the guarantees? You have the control...with other peoples work. In my experience...the ones with the assets hold the cards.

My post is basically a heads up to the community to inspect this closely if considering it.
    synthesis said:
    My post is basically a heads up to the community to inspect this closely if considering it.

...but you trust me right?! Look at my avatar... ha ha... so innocent! :)
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    :)

Yes Photics...I would trust you definitely...as you've been around here since about the same time I started...and have developed a strong reputation within the community. But that said...I still wouldn't turn my finished game over to you in hopes that you release it for me and pay me 90% of the money.

DUH!

"Hey mister...would you please hold this briefcase full of money while I go into the store to piss. When I get out...I'll pay you $20."
    I think publishing a game with Pro features is a good service. It's not just money for nothing. It's what happens when prices are too high. I think it's more like home ownership. Not everyone can afford a mortgage... or maybe they don't want to be bothered with the stress of home ownership... so they rent.

If I decided to get into the publishing thing, I don't think it's something that would require hope. Hypothetically, if you sent me the game, I'd put it online -- why wouldn't I? It's money for both of us. I'd then have to go through the tedious process of making reports and keeping you updated. You could use third-party sites like App Annie to make sure I'm staying honest. I'd have to fill out 1099 forms and keep track of financial stuff. If you have 1000 tier 1 sales, that's only $99. That's not a lot of money. In a year, there would have to be 20,000 sales just to cover the cost of Pro.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but I like thinking about alternatives.

Gendai Games should wake up and fix the price of Pro already. It's a cancer on this community, a dark plague that stifles creativity and growth.
    Photics said:
    I think publishing a game with Pro features is a good service. It's not just money for nothing. It's what happens when prices are too high. I think it's more like home ownership. Not everyone can afford a mortgage... or maybe they don't want to be bothered with the stress of home ownership... so they rent.

If I decided to get into the publishing thing, I don't think it's something that would require hope. Hypothetically, if you sent me the game, I'd put it online -- why wouldn't I? It's money for both of us. I'd then have to go through the tedious process of making reports and keeping you updated. You could use third-party sites like App Annie to make sure I'm staying honest. I'd have to fill out 1099 forms and keep track of financial stuff. If you have 1000 tier 1 sales, that's only $99. That's not a lot of money. In a year, there would have to be 20,000 sales just to cover the cost of Pro.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but I like thinking about alternatives.

Gendai Games should wake up and fix the price of Pro already. It's a cancer on this community, a dark plague that stifles creativity and growth.

An plug-in/module system would be much more useful that the choices we have today.
    And if not, I would seriously consider to publish my game with an pro member that offer that kind of services.
    Photics said:
    So... hypothetically... if I charged a 10% fee per sale, to publish your game with Pro features, would that be acceptable to you?

I think i would be more willing to pay a set fee as opposed to % of sales.
    Basically Develop it all on my express Acct. and when i'm ready to submit for sale send it to you with my provisioning profile and you upload and send the binary back to me. You could charge small amount for each upload or a set fee for 6 months with each app etc.
    Is it me or does every thread turn into complaining about the pro price lol
    Yeah, lol i'm not bitching though just saying if someone like photics offer i might find what those other features are really worth to me.
  • RattleheadRattlehead Member Posts: 485
    JamesZeppelin said:
    Is it me or does every thread turn into complaining about the pro price lol

What? Is it too high?
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    I didn't read everything yet, but I have to say, getting a deal with a publisher is not a bad thing.
    I assume, almost all of you are just doing around happily with your GS and Apple licence and you don't even realize, what it means in the legal way to earn money, which you have to pay tax for.

I know enough people, who thought, hey, I can code, I earn money with the appstore. Then they realized, what they need everything else, not to land in jail and now they are running from pontius to pilatus to clear their status and they have no time for making games.

I am in the same situation. Fortunately I don't have to make my games myself now.

We are a hungary based company and we publish games (Alpine Crawler World, Assault Commando) for two development teams and we make our own games.

We charge 12% of the revenue if it is over $1000 in the month. The guys are very happy to work with us, because they have no hassle with marketing and legal stuff.

As I said, we are a Ltd (LLC) and we have the ressources to do this and we always sign a contract with the teams. We are looking for hungary based developers, because it is much more easier to deal with things.

So, I would say, the main idea is really not bad, but it is not unimportant, who you are, what and how you offer, if you are serious, you have experience etc.

To the OP I would say, if you want to act as a publisher, look around in Ireland for developers. Some degree of trackable success may be helpful too.

If you want to offer publishing services to GS users, better get a pro licence.
    I don't think, it were immoral to use the pro licence for publishing as a company with contract. It may seem immoral if you do things under the radar trying to cheat the system.

If Gendai doesn't like the idea of publishing games for different developers with a single pro licence, they can (and should) make a publishing licence (for $5000 or so... what seems appropriate to them).

Ah, and another thing: If you have managed all the legal stuff on your side, there is still the problem, that the developers have to pay tax on THEIR income. So you have to offer a marketing service, and a very good of that, or you have to know, how you can pay the dev, so he has nothing else to do except making games and earning tax free money. Otherwise your service has a value of NULL:

To be honest, the OP seems to be a sudden "crazy" idea by a young guy, who has not really the experience, the motivation and the persistence to act as and be a serious publisher.

I also don't think, the GS forum is the right place to look for developers. At least not yet.
    Maybe, when they receive their first Tax Office Control and they can't tell, where their money went :-P
    Hunnenkoenig said:
    I didn't read everything yet, but I have to say, getting a deal with a publisher is not a bad thing.
    I assume, almost all of you are just doing around happily with your GS and Apple licence and you don't even realize, what it means in the legal way to earn money, which you have to pay tax for.

I know enough people, who thought, hey, I can code, I earn money with the appstore. Then they realized, what they need everything else, not to land in jail and now they are running from pontius to pilatus to clear their status and they have no time for making games.

I am in the same situation. Fortunately I don't have to make my games myself now.

We are a hungary based company and we publish games (Alpine Crawler World, Assault Commando) for two development teams and we make our own games.

We charge 12% of the revenue if it is over $1000 in the month. The guys are very happy to work with us, because they have no hassle with marketing and legal stuff.

As I said, we are a Ltd (LLC) and we have the ressources to do this and we always sign a contract with the teams. We are looking for hungary based developers, because it is much more easier to deal with things.

So, I would say, the main idea is really not bad, but it is not unimportant, who you are, what and how you offer, if you are serious, you have experience etc.

To the OP I would say, if you want to act as a publisher, look around in Ireland for developers. Some degree of trackable success may be helpful too.

I don't think, it were immoral to use the pro licence for publishing as a company with contract. It may seem immoral if you do things under the radar trying to cheat the system.

If Gendai doesn't like the idea of publishing games for different developers with a single pro licence, they can (and should) make a publishing licence (for $5000 or so... what seems appropriate to them).

Ah, and another thing: If you have managed all the legal stuff on your side, there is still the problem, that the developers have to pay tax on THEIR income. So you have to offer a marketing service, and a very good of that, or you have to know, how you can pay the dev, so he has nothing else to do except making games and earning tax free money. Otherwise your service has a value of NULL:

To be honest, the OP seems to be a sudden "crazy" idea by a young guy, who has not really the experience, the motivation and the persistence to act as and be a serious publisher.

I also don't think, the GS forum is the right place to look for developers. At least not yet.
    Maybe, when they receive their first Tax Office Control and they can't tell, where their money went :-P

Fair points, I'm youngish I guess, I am 24. Only offered the idea as a way of help, if i had predicted this torrent of negativity I wouldn't have bothered with the idea to be honest. I can handle the criticism, but I don't like my name being tarnished just for proposing an idea. There is no gun held to anyones head here, it was just an idea, I am not forcing anyone to accept it.
    Hunnenkoenig said:

Fair points, I'm youngish I guess, I am 24. Only offered the idea as a way of help, if i had predicted this torrent of negativity I wouldn't have bothered with the idea to be honest. I can handle the criticism, but I don't like my name being tarnished just for proposing an idea. There is no gun held to anyones head here, it was just an idea, I am not forcing anyone to accept it.
  • HunnenkoenigHunnenkoenig Member Posts: 1,173
    I understand and appreciate your idea, and it was not a critic or not trying to make you down, just telling, how real life looks, and warning you to be prepared, if you want to do such things.