Is My Game To Complex?

JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
Hi

So during some testing using the GS Viewer app, certain function in my game which I know are most certainly working or sometimes infrequently work when even no changes have been made (at least Im 99% sure of this) just don't work.

A few things to note about my game:

Its a puzzle games which will have 40 levels when finished ( meaning I have 40+ scenes) and I have no clue how else to do it but the way I am creating a next level and retry level function requires making overall (once done for all 40 levels) over 80 GAME attributes.

Will this completely clog my game up? I also heard about a memory leak issue which is being fixed? Would that be a cause? (I don't particularly understand what memory leak does, but possibly a factor?) Is it most certainly how I have made the game? Wether the device isn't powerful enough (1st Gen iPod Touch) or just my errors in making it? (not how I have made it.)

Hope you can help, sorry very generalised, but if you need to know anything to help me ,let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• Fafnir312Fafnir312 Member Posts: 161
    Is this GS Viewer app something you get when you buy one of the plans?
  • JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Ok, well, I shall continue as normal, and hopefully the GS update shall arrive soon, and it will let me test with better results. As for now I will let you know what kind of performance there is with different numbers of scenes and stuff to the best of my ability.
    Oh, haha. Good timing, 0.6.0 is here!
    Well, I have 48 scenes and since the update I haven't seen any crashing or freezing in my game, although framerate hasn't increased (still sits around 40fps) at least it runs! Haha. I shall post back when I have completed creating all of my levels, as currently half of them are not complete, I may see some issues when they are filled up, but only time will tell.