Inconsistencies with new update in platformer

butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
edited November -1 in Tech Support
With the new update on both the viewer and Gamesalad plug-in, it seems there are inconsistencies with my platformer.

My main player's movement is based on accelerate and gravity, and everything in the prior update seemed to work the same in each level.

Once the update occurred, my player moved super fast and so I slowed down the accelerate behavior for left and right movement as well as jump.

Now, in the first level, she maintains a pretty good pace, but as each level progresses, her movement slows down.

The prior version of GS didn't give me this problem at all, and even though I experienced slowdown in each level, I didn't have inconsistent movement with my main player, and it was the same for each level.

I didn't change anything at all, and each scene including it's gravity was set the same as before, I'll keep tweaking with things until I see an improvement, but wanted to see if any other platformer games were having the same issue?

Is this a bug? If so, when will this issue be fixed, until then, this game will have to be delayed :(

Comments

• jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    I tested two games of my own that are on hold because of performance issues. This release has had little effect on my issues. These games aren't platformers they are both single level games. One only has a single ball that moves around.

Disappointed. :(
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    And this is with both GameSalad Viewer and Creator updated to 0.6.0?
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Yes both Gamesalad viewer and creator were updated to versions 0.6.0, and my accelerate behaviors that once worked to my liking I'm now having to tweak, and for each level it changes.
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Sorry that message was pointed at jhaas.
    Sorry, another question though, how can you confirm that the viewer has been installed/updated on your device? When I updated through Xcode, on the bottom left corner it says installing viewer, and then GDB running, & the only thing on the iphone is that the viewer will open, is the update fairly quick?

I can tell the viewer is 0.6.0 b/c it doesn't crash at around 50mb like the last version, but I'm having other issues as stated above.

Also, I think if you have Gamesalad version 0.6.0, the viewer wouldn't work unless you updated it to match that version too right?

Any help with my behavior issues would be great! :)
  • jhaasjhaas Member Posts: 233
    Yes both games were re-built with GS 0.6.0 and I actually created an xcode of the game with the lone ball. Frame rates too low for accurate collision - ball can go right through objects because of it.
  • lordsprinkleslordsprinkles Member Posts: 19
    I just opened one of my projects and I also use the Accelerate for movement and the actor moves really fast now. I'm using a Real type behavior to limit the max velocity of the actor but it seems to be ignoring that value now.
    lordsprinkles, my issue was in level 1, my player was moving way too fast, so I changed the accelerate behavior for both move left and right as well as jump, but in level 2, she slowed back down again, so her movements now are inconsistent for each level, whereas in gamesalad's prior version (before update), her movements were very consistent in each level...

I hope this gets fixed....