iPhone VS iPod VS iPad

EminemEminem Member Posts: 667
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
Which one would u buy?

Comments

• VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    I have the iPad, and AT&T has terrible service where I am, so the iPhone is out of the picture also. I would love to get an iPod 4G!
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    What do you need? If you need a phone...iPhone. if you need a large table... iPad.

But if you just want to design games for the iPhone, the new iPod Touch is a great deal at $230 or whatever it costs now.
  • EminemEminem Member Posts: 667
    i wanna know what people would buy if they wanted to buy one
  • scitunesscitunes Member, Sous Chef Posts: 4,047
    Holy Sh!t Slim shady uses GS!
    Hahaha I just like eminem! He's my homey!
    No it's marshal mathers

Jks

;)
  • expired_012expired_012 Member Posts: 1,802
    If mainly used for development, I would say iPod touch 4th Gen. I just got back from the apple store and picked one up over there. I'm going to open it up very shortly.

It's really great because you also get to test out the retina display now when developing. With the camera now its pretty much exactly like an iPhone without the phone calls. But an alternative to that can be Face Time. I'm pretty sure there are also apps that allow you to make calls on it as well (such as skype)

Most importantly, no monthly charges for all these features

About the ipad, personally i think it's better to get an itouch or iPhone before going to an iPad.
  • TymeMasterTymeMaster Member Posts: 527
    I have them all, plus 3G, 3GS and the two older iPod touches. Its wise to test all devices you support.
    TymeMaster said:
    I have them all, plus 3G, 3GS and the two older iPod touches. Its wise to test all devices you support.

Sick!

Off topic
    Guys I made this :)

Suckaz don't battle me cause I leave them dead
    Wasted like any time spent reading this thread.

I ain't eminem If ur wondering ;)
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    Don't battle me cuz I'll scratch your head.
    Don't look at me wrong cuz I'll make you go to bed.

I'm not sure why I wrote this. I dont even like rap.

Anyway.

@Arton. While it is the retina display, they did cut corners. (on the 4th gene touch) the tech that allowed the iPhone 4 to have nice wide viewing angles is not present. The back camera is also noticeably inferior. They never mentioned about upgrading the battery (so I'm assuming they didn't. (I could be wrong though I haven't thoroughly googleified it. It's a big step up from iPods or yore, but I would recommend the iPhone 4 more :). I do have one aslp and I love it.
    chosenonestudios said:
    Don't battle me cuz I'll scratch your head.
    Don't look at me wrong cuz I'll make you go to bed.

I'm not sure why I wrote this. I dont even like rap.

Anyway.

@Arton. While it is the retina display, they did cut corners. (on the 4th gene touch) the tech that allowed the iPhone 4 to have nice wide viewing angles is not present. The back camera is also noticeably inferior. They never mentioned about upgrading the battery (so I'm assuming they didn't. (I could be wrong though I haven't thoroughly googleified it. It's a big step up from iPods or yore, but I would recommend the iPhone 4 more :). I do have one aslp and I love it.

Sick rap!
  • chosenonestudioschosenonestudios Member Posts: 1,714
    Eminem said:
    Sick rap!

Haha it was just a stupid joke. :D
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    I'm pretty sure he got that :P *pats chosen*

Side note - I love Eminem. Waaaaaaay back when Infinite was first leaked my uncle burned me a copy; I listened to all his music from then until 3 and a half years ago, and anything that came out in that time I know by heart XD

I still listen to him sometimes, but I am less into it these days - the newer stuff isn't as good generally IMHO.

As to the original question, I own an iPhone 4 and an iPad - both are awesome. I use the iPhone 4 more, but there's more apps for it so I guess that's why.

This thread makes it seem as though people are a bit down on the poor ol' iPad, lol - I don't know why - it's fantastic - I freaked when I spilled wine on mine last week. (It lived!)
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    they are probably down on it because sales on iPad suck compared to the iPhone/iPod.
    I've heard that too but my only game for both devices, Zombie Hunter/HD is actually making more on the iPad than on the iPhone.

I think the audience targeted has something to do with that ^-^;
    I think that's because the iPad is new and not a lot of games around as for the iphone there is a lot so people will probably buy the 3d ones etc
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    Yes, I have a version of every single iDevice as well. I have a little museum going on!

If you are planning on releasing games to the App Store, you should really test your games on as many devices and operating system versions as possible.

Performance concerns on the older devices is the main issue, but there are others as well.

One example is that I was getting a graphics glitch on iPhone4 where it looked fine on every other device.

Anyway, I vote for all three!
    (plus the other seven!)
    Get down get around the city streets
    Get up get around shake your Game Salad
    Move it body heat bustin loose
    Shake it feel the beat before the night is over

(chorus)
    Move it triple beat before the night is over
    Get up triple beat before the night is over

Pump it up feel the beat before the night is over
    Shake it the joint is jumpin shake your meat
    Shake it triple beat bustin loose
    Shake it feel the beat before the night is over

(chorus)
    Move it triple beat before the night is over
    Get up triple beat before the night is over

Move it body heat you'll be humpin
    Shake it get around bustin loose
    Get up get around the city streets
    Get down triple beat bustin loose
    Did ya google that? Hold on I'm writing a new rap myself hold on....
    Ok ok ok

Yo yo yo

I rap like I'm crazy
    Look at me I ain't so lazy

Gamesalad is da game
    It ain't so lame

Check it check it

Look up see me in da sky

People know I can't fly,

But I ain't gonna cry

;)
    Hmmmmm well played ;)
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    The 4G iPod Touch is amazing! I got it a few days after it came out and it's way better than the iPhone 4 because the iPhone 4 comes with a $2000 contract. Also unlike the iPad, it fits in your pocket. The only bad thing is that the front camera is only 0.9 megapixels and the camera that faces you when your using it is a pathetic 0.7 megapixels.
    Mr.Rinoy said:
    The 4G iPod Touch is amazing! I got it a few days after it came out and it's way better than the iPhone 4 because the iPhone 4 comes with a $2000 contract. Also unlike the iPad, it fits in your pocket. The only bad thing is that the front camera is only 0.9 megapixels and the camera that faces you when your using it is a pathetic 0.7 megapixels.

I wouldn't say that makes it "better" than the iPhone 4 - just cheaper :P