Mega Man II for 99¢

PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
If it isn't free, I haven't downloaded it. That's been my self-imposed restriction for the Android Market and iTunes App Store.

...but wow... Mega Man II for 99¢ is very tempting. Capcom is throwing a sale.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mega-man-ii/id308161582?mt=8

Comments

• DhondonDhondon Member Posts: 717
    Tempting. Still got the original NES cartridge. Wonder if my NES is still working:)
  • betazerobetazero Member Posts: 39
    seriously? 99 cents is too much for ya? I believe after trying that Epic Citadel demo that we will be seeing much higher prices being the norm very soon.
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    If it was at the store - for just 99¢ - then I'd probably get it. Once I link a credit card to iTunes, or go get a gift card, it's no longer just one. It will likely be two... then three... then more... soon I'm using my time playing games, not making them.

...and considering that I already bought Mega Man II for the Wii, do I really need to buy it again?

Right now, no. If I end up commuting to NYC again, it could be a fun diversion.
  • firemaplegamesfiremaplegames Member Posts: 3,211
    I bought this many months ago, and I do not recommend it.
    Really tiny, controls suck, and it is laggy.

Mega Man is one of my favorite series, this doesn't do it justice. It makes business sense of course, as they will get a ton of sales based on the name alone.

Virtual d-pads and joysticks are really not my thing. Trying to cram a game that was custom made for a console onto the iPhone isn't really a good idea in my opinion.

A better way is to utilize the amazing accelerometers and touch interface which is unique to these devices.