My Year in GameSalad Development

ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
Wow, I'm not usually on here that much anymore due to school, BMX and trying to pursue a career in Hip-Hop, but I'm still here trying to make the best games I can make.

My subscription with GameSalad is ending pretty soon, and I'm planning on renewing my license because I love this program so much. Even though making apps and games haven't made me a millionaire, that was never really the initial plan I set out to achieve. I set out to try and have fun making games (And thanks to the guys at Gendai Games, I did!). Some of my games were good, some sucked, but all in all, I now realized that it has been a great ride making games, and I hope to keep doing it for more years to come.

Today I ordered the new iPod touch 4g, and I cant wait to test some new game ideas on it. Whats crazy to me about this whole year was that people really were proud of me because I actually set a goal and achieved it. It feels good to say that I have made not just one, but several games. I loved every second of it, from the code signings, the kernel panics, headaches, crashes, and extra late nights rapidly prototyping a game I probably scrapped because my inner me thought it sucked. Every game gets better than the last, from the art, to the features, to the music (which is what I'm good at obviously)

I'm probably still not gonna be on here as much as I want to due to making music and trying to push my mixtapes and albums (my first love), but I'll still post a bit. I also really want to thank the GS guys and all in the forums (Especially QS) for letting me create games that didn't ever believe I can make!

Comments

• aalzankiaalzanki Member Posts: 283
    Nice you play BMX. I'm an inline skater :)
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    aalzanki said:
    Nice you play BMX. I'm an inline skater :)

Sick, I used to inline skate when I was younger, but I totally sucked at trying to grind.
  • aalzankiaalzanki Member Posts: 283
    ktfright said:
    Sick, I used to inline skate when I was younger, but I totally sucked at trying to grind.

BMXing is great.

Regards,
    aalzanki
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    ktfright said:
    I'm probably still not gonna be on here as much as I want to due to making music and trying to push my mixtapes and albums (my first love), but I'll still post a bit. I also really want to thank the GS guys and all in the forums (Especially QS) for letting me create games that didn't ever believe I can make!

I don't see why it has to be one or the other. Perhaps your interest in gaming can help your music career. Good games often need good music. With millions of iOS devices out there, is that not an excellent way to boost interest in your albums?
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    Hey KT, good to see you post!

You've been around as long as I have I think, and I've always liked your games a lot. They have a lot of soul in them, and you can see there's been some real effort put in.

The music definitely makes them stand out. Always been a fan of your game tracks, and I imagine I always will be! Shoot Shoota's music is one of my faves :D

Always eager to see what's next from you (hence my Twitter messages when you say you're bored not sure what to do - MAKE SOME GAMES!!!) and I wish you the best in the future with both your music and games!

I know it must be so hard to balance these two out time wise, and if music's your main thing (and why not, eh?) then go for it! (just remember to make little games here and there if you could!) :D

Stay creative, mate!

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

• iPhoneDevForMeiPhoneDevForMe Member Posts: 362
    *Warm fuzzy feeling*

Well said! Looking forward to some more great games!
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    Photics said:
    I don't see why it has to be one or the other. Perhaps your interest in gaming can help your music career. Good games often need good music. With millions of iOS devices out there, is that not an excellent way to boost interest in your albums?

Yeah, I'm still gonna make some stuff. I'm actually in mid development of two of my most ambitious titles yet!
    quantumsheep said:
    Hey KT, good to see you post!

You've been around as long as I have I think, and I've always liked your games a lot. They have a lot of soul in them, and you can see there's been some real effort put in.

The music definitely makes them stand out. Always been a fan of your game tracks, and I imagine I always will be! Shoot Shoota's music is one of my faves :D

Always eager to see what's next from you (hence my Twitter messages when you say you're bored not sure what to do - MAKE SOME GAMES!!!) and I wish you the best in the future with both your music and games!

I know it must be so hard to balance these two out time wise, and if music's your main thing (and why not, eh?) then go for it! (just remember to make little games here and there if you could!) :D

Stay creative, mate!

QS :D

I will do my best, and thanks! I'll do my best to juggle the two, and my next projects are gonna be my best yet!