Darling, we need to talk...

quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
*this is just a bit of fun! Not to be taken seriously!*

Dear GameSalad,

We need to talk, hon.

I'm sorry I'm writing to you about this, rather than explaining things face to face. I'm sure it seems cowardly, but I wanted to get everything down in one place, to collect my thoughts, and be as clear as I possibly can. You deserve that.

We've been seeing each other over a year now, and I just wanted to tell you how much I love you.

And I do love you. I probably always will.

When we first met, it was love at first sight. You were so wonderful - a revelation to me. I couldn't keep my hands off you, and it was so easy getting to know you inside and out. We spent every spare moment together, and there was always something new with you every month… great days!

We did so much together, and we had so much fun! It was all new and exciting. The first time we loaded a game we'd made onto an actual iPhone… the pure joy we experienced at just doing that… I'll never forget it!

Then we uploaded our first games onto the actual app store. Nobody bought them, but just having them there on iTunes made us both grin ear to ear for weeks.

I guess it couldn't last. We were young, then. We had no responsibilities. We thought we'd feel this way forever.

But things were bound to change….

As our relationship has grown, things have got more complicated.

All those little quirks you have that I brushed off as endearing at the beginning, have started to take their toll a year on.

You can be a bit awkward sometimes. Your memory's awful, for example. Which leads to frustration and having to shelve projects all the time.

When I think about it more though, I realise it's me, not you, that's the problem. I should be treating you better. Being more gentle with you. Giving you greater attention.

I'm sorry for that.

But we don't play together for long enough anymore. After a few minutes, you want to do something else and bring everything to a crawl. Starting over seems to help, but really, it's not on, is it?

The company you keep these days is awful. Just awful. I don't want to be associated with your friends. They all just want to make money off you. Why can't you see that? They don't really *care* about you. Not like I do!

Then there's your communication… we never talk anymore. I don't know what to expect from you month to month, and I'd like to know where this is all going… what your dreams are… what you want to do.

Instead, you like to surprise me with stuff. A surprise now and then is great. But this not talking thing… we have to work on that.

I know we have so much fun together, but others seem to put out more. Corona seems like a nice girl, if a little complicated. And Unity has been making those eyes at me again.

I could never leave you though. I wanted to make that clear.

But then, there was *that* day. You know the one. The fateful day when you seemed to gain more energy, but had lost the ability to just sit back and relax like we used to. To pause and enjoy the moment…

You broke my heart that day. And I could never quite look at you in the same light.

I'm sorry if this hurts you, I really am, but I felt I had to get it off my chest.

I think we can get through this. You've promised to start pausing again. Pausing is good. And you say you'll get things done faster. That's awesome.

So let's try to make this work, eh?

Just don't expect me to move in with you any time soon…

Love you,

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

Comments

• DevilsDevils Member Posts: 561
    Lmao best part "Then there's your communication… we never talk anymore. I don't know what to expect from you month to month, and I'd like to know where this is all going… what your dreams are… what you want to do." hope GS actually read this.
  • skippyskippy Member Posts: 106
    Lol thats funny QS i enjoyed that "Your memory's awful, for example. Which leads to frustration"
    haha :)
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    skippy said:
    Lol thats funny QS i enjoyed that "Your memory's awful, for example. Which leads to frustration"
    haha :)

Heh - just to be clear - I'm not bothered by the memory stuff, and I haven't shelved any projects because of it! Like I said, just a bit of fun :D

QS

• TaidakenTaidaken Member Posts: 271
    lol! classic
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    :) brilliant!
  • AppChogieAppChogie Member Posts: 503
    Very deep QS great stuff, my wife looking over my shoulder thought I was reading something that I shouldn't have lol.
  • ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    Amazing to the highest degree! So much win!!!
  • debugdesigndebugdesign Member Posts: 886
    GS, if you could respond in the same format that would be great!!

e.g. first you just complained that I couldn't pause and became obsessed for months, then there was the talks of threesomes with Mrs OpenFeint and although I have now brought young miss Game Centre round for tea it's never enough.

You disappear for weeks at a time usually returning with more money and do I ever see a penny, no, you woo'd me with a quick flash of the cash but now I give so much and receive so little.

:)
  • reddotincreddotinc Member Posts: 653
    Haha, amazing!

// red.
  • FanStudioUKFanStudioUK Member Posts: 459
    I think I'm gonna cry!

Brilliant QS!
  • VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    Wow, INCREDIBLE! How long did it take for you to right that?
  • peachpellenpeachpellen Member Posts: 977
    Great post :) I /liked it.
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    Thats hilarious. I bet though even with you joking around there are many on here who truly feel this way.
  • butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    Epic! Love it QS! You are such an eloquent writer by the way.... :)
  • dmilinovichiiidmilinovichiii Member Posts: 620
    Haha. Now put it in rhyme :)
  • MagoNicolasMagoNicolas Member, PRO Posts: 2,090
    AMAZING! Hope Gs Read this!
    @tshirt

You're such a bitch! I wish we'd never met!

/storms off

:D

• butterbeanbutterbean Member Posts: 4,315
    @QS: lmfao! QS u are such a diva!
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    WOW! interesting post :)

Cheers, Weswog
    CowTechMan said:
    Wow, INCREDIBLE! How long did it take for you to right that?

Well, I wanted to write a 'one year on' post for a while, so had been thinking about it. But it took me about 20 minutes, while chatting with someone and drinking tea :D

It is just a bit of fun. But honestly, I'd got tired of hearing everyone's complaints (some legitimate, some not) so wanted to poke a bit of fun at *that*, really ;)
    debugdesign said:
    GS, if you could respond in the same format that would be great!!

e.g. first you just complained that I couldn't pause and became obsessed for months, then there was the talks of threesomes with Mrs OpenFeint and although I have now brought young miss Game Centre round for tea it's never enough.

You disappear for weeks at a time usually returning with more money and do I ever see a penny, no, you woo'd me with a quick flash of the cash but now I give so much and receive so little.

:)

Ha! That would be awesome :D
    Weswog said:
    WOW! interesting post :)

Cheers, Weswog

I just thought - the younger members of the forum have all of this to look forward to in life, and when they're dumped will probably think 'Wow. They sounded just like Quantum's post...'.

Remember kids, the phrase 'We need to talk' is never good, in *any* situation. Run. Run for the hills!

QS :D