How Can I add a Level Retry and Next Level Function?

JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hi

So I currently have a retry level and next level function included in my game, but for unknown reasons it is causing issues. tshirtbooth can agree that there doesn't necessarily need to be an mistake made by the creator as we did find an odd problem yesterday with an odd fix, but thats beside the point.

I want to preferably just re create these functions as my current way is causing issues. I want it so that for level retry when you collide with bad actors its changes to scene the gameover scene and on that scene there is a button which takes you back to the same level to play again.

For next level I want the same but for a level complete scene I made and it will take you to the next level, and only happens when you collide with a certain actor (exit).

Comments

• JoshKahaneJoshKahane Member Posts: 470
    Wow, thats really quite great. Thank you so much, I got a little excited when I saw this work. :)

I shall try and re create this and if that works I will try the same idea but with next level functionality. I will let you know how it goes.
    Ok so I have found that the game over actor equivalent i made doesn't spawn on the top layer of all the actors, how come? I get the blue blocks and bits in front of it.
    Got it. I had to make the ball the very front actor so that the GameOver screen would be then in front of that.
    Yep, sure is, and I see it working well for the next level function. It is running much faster and smoothly. Its wonderful. Also means I don't need a huge load of attributes made and changed all over the place.