Time out Particles Smoothly (Particle Engine Power)

TheTTheT Member Posts: 80
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Is there a possibility to time/blend out particles smoothly, by that I mean if for ex. you have smoke going up and you want it to smoothly stop the particle effect by not spawning new "smoke" particles on the bottom but keep the already spawned and blend them out.
All I can think of for now is destroying the actor that has the particle effect attached to it to stop it. But that just kill the effect and doesn't make it blend out smoothly. Are there any other option for this or is this something we need to wait for the next version of the engine ?

Comments

• ktfrightktfright Member Posts: 964
    with the particle colors, play around with the change to colors and the time it takes to fade and stuff.
  • TheTTheT Member Posts: 80
    Nope, it's not the fade out. The effect should gently play out (meaning the last spawned particle should do what it's intended to do and go to the end) instead of just killing the effect (the effect just disappears.
    Any offical statement here ?
  • CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Head Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 1,803
    Have you just tried a Rule that does a check of SmokeOn = true and put that around the Particle Effect?

They only disappear suddenly when you restart the behavior.
    Well, no if make the particle effect into a rule, the game will freeze once the rule becomes false ! So, is there no way to make the effect smoothly "run-out" ?
  • deomaciusdeomacius Member Posts: 10
    It's smoke, right? Could you create a rule that adjusts the transparency to less and less as the vertical coordinates increase? Then when transparency equals 0, destroy the actor?

I'm just tossing this out. I'm not where I can test this right now. I'd love to hear if you can get this to work.
    Well, that's not the problem, what I mean is that when I want the effect to stop, the last smoke clouds should all the way rise up and gently fade out, instead of just disappear from one second to the other. When I try to put them into a rule, and the rule becomes false, the game just crashes :(.